7teeners

NBI Clearance Update

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the validity of the nbi certificate is 1 year starting from the date it was issued..

a friend told me that if i get the very recent nbi certificate to show the embassy it will be alot smoother like there will be no questions regarding on my papers.so i planned that im going to get my nbi 2 weeks before my interview, i decided to get it on july 7 and that was yesterday....so i went to the nbi (davao) to get an nbi certificate but i was surprised coz the releasing waiting time will take 3 weeks. :wacko: and ill be needing that certificate by july 18 lol. :bonk: ugh i didnt know that the nbi was changing there system thats why its taking too long than the usual..

hi! i just read your post....wanted to ask how your interview went? did they accept your old clearance? thanks!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

hi! i just read your post....wanted to ask how your interview went? did they accept your old clearance? thanks!

I have my NBI clearance dated February 1, 2011...this is good for 1 year. Will this be okay to the embassy? Thanks

• 2 months later...

Please forgive my ignorance, but for what purpose(s) does one need multiple original copies of the NBI clearance?

Thanks!

actually you would need to send 1 for I 130, 1 for ds230 and your own personal copy

but since no more renewal.. that's something to be thought of, maybe you'd like to keep more copy for your peruse.

I have my NBI clearance dated February 1, 2011...this is good for 1 year. Will this be okay to the embassy? Thanks

same thing i am thinking of... i got mine feb 28 2011 and will epire next year...

i just hope it will be ok when interview time comes.. otherwise, i maybe compelled to get a new NBI clearance...

SERVICE CENTER : California

CONSULATE : Manila

MARRIAGE : Feb 15, 2010

I -130 SENT : April 26, 2011

NOA 1 : May 1, 2011

TOUCHED : May 5, 2011

NOA2 : August 1, 2011

Our I-130 was approved in 92 days from our NOA1 date.

CASE NUMBER ASSSIGNED : Sept. 12, 2011

EMAILED DS3032 : October 6, 2011

AOS FEE BILL PAID : October 11, 2011

IV FEE BILL PAID : October 24, 2011

NVC received AOS and IV packs = Nov. 3, 2011

NVC RESPONSE = Nov. 8, 2011 - RFE for missing proof of relationship with co-sponsor

Mailed RFE file = Nov. 9, 2011

NVC received RFE = November 14, 2011, 9:54 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

CASE CLOSED = Nov. 18, 2011 :D

MEDICAL EXAM = Dec 20-21, 2011 = PASSED!!!

INTERVIEW DATE = January 6, 2012 = APPROVED!!! ----Our interview took 250 days from our I-130 NOA1 date.

VISA PRODUCTION = January 6,2012

VISA DELIVERY = January 11, 2012

POE = Feb.18, 2012

SSN Received = Feb 25, 2012

GC received = April 5, 2012 (incorrect data entry :((, sent back April 9, 2012)

CORRECT GC RECEIVED = August 22, 2012, granted IR1 (10 year gc)

that's where our USCIS process ends for now.. will wait for the next 3-4 years what we'll do next...

9choykrk1el55.png

um4z3ia1n.png

event.png

Timeline

Folks,

My fiancee said they told her it would take 3 months for her NBI clearance. She applied on Dumaguete. Is it faster in Manila? (I hope so). Is the NBI essential or is there something else that can be substituted?

Many thanks.

Timeline

Folks,

My fiancee said they told her it would take 3 months for her NBI clearance. She applied on Dumaguete. Is it faster in Manila? (I hope so). Is the NBI essential or is there something else that can be substituted?

Many thanks.

The NBI Clearance is Needed!! No Substitute!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

• 2 weeks later...

My wife went to the NBI office in Cebu only to find out that supposedly someone in the system has the same name as she does.

WHAT? I have a very unique last name, along with the fact that my wife's middle name is likely to be different than

anyone else's middle name.

So is this a scam that the NBI office uses to cut down on the number of customers they have to serve, or maybe someone wanted to

take an early break and just needed to get rid of my wife?

She was told to go back to the NBI office in 15 working days, as they need to do "research." She's received a "HIT." I don't want

to use the phrase 'Only in the Philippines,' but sometimes it seems as it nothing makes sense there.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue for me?

Maybe someone out there just doesn't like my wife and filed a similar NBI application using that exact name? I wonder from where they

got the two ids needed to apply for the NBI clearance using my wife's name.

I just don't get it. But perhaps I have to allow for the fact that someone in the Philippines has the same exact name as my wife, even

though her last name is very UNIQUE.

Timeline

My wife went to the NBI office in Cebu only to find out that supposedly someone in the system has the same name as she does.

WHAT? I have a very unique last name, along with the fact that my wife's middle name is likely to be different than

anyone else's middle name.

So is this a scam that the NBI office uses to cut down on the number of customers they have to serve, or maybe someone wanted to

take an early break and just needed to get rid of my wife?

She was told to go back to the NBI office in 15 working days, as they need to do "research." She's received a "HIT." I don't want

to use the phrase 'Only in the Philippines,' but sometimes it seems as it nothing makes sense there.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue for me?

Maybe someone out there just doesn't like my wife and filed a similar NBI application using that exact name? I wonder from where they

got the two ids needed to apply for the NBI clearance using my wife's name.

I just don't get it. But perhaps I have to allow for the fact that someone in the Philippines has the same exact name as my wife, even

though her last name is very UNIQUE.

I dont Understand some things either? My Fiancee went to the NBI Office in Cebu around the 3rd week in October to renew her NBI. her current NBI expires the end of November around the 25th.she took her NBI with her(Current copy) and she still got a "HIT". someone with same Name.she got a "HIT" last time she applied for NBI and have her current copy which has not expired but we want to renew it for the interview. They told her they have to send the case to the Main NBI Office in Manila and to call them after 3 weeks!:blink: They said to be sure to call before you just come to the office in Cebu.she has the number they gave her!! "Go Figure"!

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

Riza had to get a new one because hers was almost expired and would have been before the interview. IT took forever to get it. They kept telling her alleged dates when it would be done and it would not be. I think finally she got in their faces and went up the chain of command. then found out it was sitting in Manila. She told them to keep it there and she picked it up when she went for her medical. She said this 2nd one took way longer than the first time. I think many of our government agency's over here are almost as bad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.