fritzie26

from NVC to USEManila

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi i would just like to ask if after the USEManila receives the package from NVC will they inform us about the necessary documents needed for interview? cause i really don't know what will be the next step...thank you....and one more thing, how long does it take for them to receive the packege,,,any idea?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi i would just like to ask if after the USEManila receives the package from NVC will they inform us about the necessary documents needed for interview? cause i really don't know what will be the next step...thank you....and one more thing, how long does it take for them to receive the packege,,,any idea?

if your fiance has received a letter fro NVC then you can call this number to follow up if your case is alreasy in manila US EMBASSY MANILA Immigrant Visa (IV) inquiry line at

(632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185 ...and yes you`ll be notified by mail that they received it already and you are eligible to scheduled and have your medical already,,, but do not wait for that letter coz it will take forever to arrived coz theyre only using the philippine regular mail and nothing on that letter its just a notification...K1 packet is already online,,,you can check this out and start gather your documnets while waiting for your case in manila embassy to be arrived and uploaded

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf...this is the K1 packet...

if you have a MNL case number assigned already then you can have your medical and call the embassy number, i gave you..ask then if your case is already in their system and if it is then you can pay the visa fee at Bpi bank...

in my case i am now waiting for my interview this july 12 but believe it or not my eligibility letter just arrived yesterday, so imagine if i waited for that letter i could have wasted 1month time...

hope all the info helps...goodluck and god bless..

Timeline

Congratulations on you NOA-2.Our petition took about 2 weeks to get into the embassy system. If this is for a K-1 visa this is what we did after our NOA2:

You can bring your passport and a copy of the passport Bio pages (the pic and printed info on the 1st pages) to BPI and pay for the visa interview now, about 16,900 pesos.This can be done anytime. You might want to know your MNL number in case they ask for it. They usually don't. .We call the NVC and got the MNL number 603-334-0700 before the petition was actually sent to the embassy. They were very nice. The petitioner will recieved an NVC letter with MNL number on it also in about -2 weeks.

To schedule online embassy appointment "prettyjan" posted this and it is very accurate You cannot schedule online for at least 4 hours after you gte your receipt so it can get in the system:

Be sure to have the beneficiary's passport number and the place of issue and the date of issue and expiration date handy before you start.

1. Go to this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com//

2. Select the Philippines for the Country pull-down menu.

3. Do not go to the non-immigrant section. Instead, go to the "Immigrant Visas" section and click on "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment".

4. From the Immigrant Visa Appointment page, do not click on "Schedule an Appointment". Instead, look further down and click on "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling".

5. From this page, you enter your passport number, case number, payment date, birthdate, and create a password.

6. The next page asks for passport issuance date and experiation date. It also asks for the address to send your passport to after receiving visa. You need to know City, State/Province, and ZIPCODE.

7. After entering the required info, your name goes to a list and your asked if you want to add another applicant. If including a child with K2, select yes.

8. Go through the same process again entering in the information for the child.

9. Here's the tricky part. If something goes wrong and you exit the site but you haven't created the schedule yet, you can't start over again the same way. After the payment date with passport number has been used once, you can't use it again. Instead, you have to go back to the "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment" page again. This time you do select the "Schedule an Appointment" link and not the "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling" link. From here, you can re-enter the beneficieries info and add other applicants for the K2 children.

10. After all applicants are entered, you select them all with the check boxes, and select to set an appointment. Make sure all applicants are selected.

11. Now you just select the date you want and the time. It sets all applicants the same.

12. Last, you can download a PDF file for the appointment letters for each applicant.it.

St Lukes is walk in, You can go any time prior to the embassy interview and cost is about 9100 pesos. You can preregister online http://www.slec.ph/home.shtml it helps a little when you get there. You'll need:

Valid passport

Copy of bio pages of passport

Two 2x2 visa photos

Copy of NOA2

Copy of NVC letter sent to petioner that your petition is being sent to Manila (Petitioner should get that soon)

Casa Bocobo is one hotel very near the embassy. It costs about 1000 pesos a night but my fiancee said it was good and very convenient. Just a suggestion.

In the meantime petitioner can get the I-134 ready and organise what you will need for the interview.This is what we did: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html

This is what we did June 22 2011:

Passport

Appointment letter

NOA 2 copy

Eligible letter copy ( did not actually take this)

visa photos

DS-156 non-immigrant visa application 2 copies

DS-157 Supplemental non-immigrant visa application 2 copies

DS 156K non-immigrant fiancee visa application

BPI reciept

NBI

CENOMAR

NSO Birth Certificate

St. Lukes receipt

My divorce papers

I-134 Affidavit of Support

W-2, letter from bank

ITR (Income Tax Return Transcripts) 2007,2008,2009 and 2010 copy of turbo tax because transcript not available

Employment Letter

most recent visit info, ongoing relationship info, flower receipts,xoom receipts,photos,chats,copy of my passport stamped for my most recent visit ( they actually only looked at one picture)

New letter of intent ( did not look at)

Evidence of engagement ring and receipt (they actually only acknowledged that she had a ring)

Beneficiary also brought a complete copy of the original K-1 petition which was not referred to. I also reviewed the embassy on the review forum and myself and others included some of the questions asked of the benficiary.

Don't forget the CFO which is about 250 pesos for the seminar and about 450 for the "stamp" on the visa when you get it. This can be done while in Manila or Cebu. Need passport (if you do thid before the embassy interview) and copy of passport bio pages,copy of any divorce records They also asked for a pic of us together

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1396:location-of-smef-cow-offices&catid=124:location-of-cfo-offices

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Good Luck and Aloha......................Paul

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We actually received zero confirmation from the embassy in Manila that our package arrived. We simply attended the medical on our own, and made our interview appointment by phone as instructed above --

Good luck. If everything is in order it is an easy process. Other locales definitely have it worse.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations on you NOA-2.Our petition took about 2 weeks to get into the embassy system. If this is for a K-1 visa this is what we did after our NOA2:

You can bring your passport and a copy of the passport Bio pages (the pic and printed info on the 1st pages) to BPI and pay for the visa interview now, about 16,900 pesos.This can be done anytime. You might want to know your MNL number in case they ask for it. They usually don't. .We call the NVC and got the MNL number 603-334-0700 before the petition was actually sent to the embassy. They were very nice. The petitioner will recieved an NVC letter with MNL number on it also in about -2 weeks.

To schedule online embassy appointment "prettyjan" posted this and it is very accurate You cannot schedule online for at least 4 hours after you gte your receipt so it can get in the system:

Be sure to have the beneficiary's passport number and the place of issue and the date of issue and expiration date handy before you start.

1. Go to this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com//

2. Select the Philippines for the Country pull-down menu.

3. Do not go to the non-immigrant section. Instead, go to the "Immigrant Visas" section and click on "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment".

4. From the Immigrant Visa Appointment page, do not click on "Schedule an Appointment". Instead, look further down and click on "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling".

5. From this page, you enter your passport number, case number, payment date, birthdate, and create a password.

6. The next page asks for passport issuance date and experiation date. It also asks for the address to send your passport to after receiving visa. You need to know City, State/Province, and ZIPCODE.

7. After entering the required info, your name goes to a list and your asked if you want to add another applicant. If including a child with K2, select yes.

8. Go through the same process again entering in the information for the child.

9. Here's the tricky part. If something goes wrong and you exit the site but you haven't created the schedule yet, you can't start over again the same way. After the payment date with passport number has been used once, you can't use it again. Instead, you have to go back to the "Applying for an Immigration Visa Appointment" page again. This time you do select the "Schedule an Appointment" link and not the "K-Visa Appointment Scheduling" link. From here, you can re-enter the beneficieries info and add other applicants for the K2 children.

10. After all applicants are entered, you select them all with the check boxes, and select to set an appointment. Make sure all applicants are selected.

11. Now you just select the date you want and the time. It sets all applicants the same.

12. Last, you can download a PDF file for the appointment letters for each applicant.it.

St Lukes is walk in, You can go any time prior to the embassy interview and cost is about 9100 pesos. You can preregister online http://www.slec.ph/home.shtml it helps a little when you get there. You'll need:

Valid passport

Copy of bio pages of passport

Two 2x2 visa photos

Copy of NOA2

Copy of NVC letter sent to petioner that your petition is being sent to Manila (Petitioner should get that soon)

Casa Bocobo is one hotel very near the embassy. It costs about 1000 pesos a night but my fiancee said it was good and very convenient. Just a suggestion.

In the meantime petitioner can get the I-134 ready and organise what you will need for the interview.This is what we did: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html

This is what we did June 22 2011:

Passport

Appointment letter

NOA 2 copy

Eligible letter copy ( did not actually take this)

visa photos

DS-156 non-immigrant visa application 2 copies

DS-157 Supplemental non-immigrant visa application 2 copies

DS 156K non-immigrant fiancee visa application

BPI reciept

NBI

CENOMAR

NSO Birth Certificate

St. Lukes receipt

My divorce papers

I-134 Affidavit of Support

W-2, letter from bank

ITR (Income Tax Return Transcripts) 2007,2008,2009 and 2010 copy of turbo tax because transcript not available

Employment Letter

most recent visit info, ongoing relationship info, flower receipts,xoom receipts,photos,chats,copy of my passport stamped for my most recent visit ( they actually only looked at one picture)

New letter of intent ( did not look at)

Evidence of engagement ring and receipt (they actually only acknowledged that she had a ring)

Beneficiary also brought a complete copy of the original K-1 petition which was not referred to. I also reviewed the embassy on the review forum and myself and others included some of the questions asked of the benficiary.

Don't forget the CFO which is about 250 pesos for the seminar and about 450 for the "stamp" on the visa when you get it. This can be done while in Manila or Cebu. Need passport (if you do thid before the embassy interview) and copy of passport bio pages,copy of any divorce records They also asked for a pic of us together

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1396:location-of-smef-cow-offices&catid=124:location-of-cfo-offices

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Good Luck and Aloha......................Paul

thank you for this lengthy response, i have learned a lot of ideas from this one..follow up question please, where can we get this I-134 affidavit of support? hope you'll find time to answer my query.. again, thank you so much.

Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis This is the USCIS web site just type I-134 in the search and you'll get the form and instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD This link gives you Manila Embassy letter of instructions and has a link for each of the forms. All the forms are on the USCIS website.

Aloha and hang in there..................Paul

Timeline

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf This link gives you Manila Embassy letter of instructions and has a link for each of the forms. All the forms are on the USCIS website.

Very sorry the second link is to forms on USCIS. This link is the Manila Embassy letter that contains all the links.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.