rachel&andy

London Embassy - time between i-130 processing and receipt of case number?

4 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm filing DCF in London. Our official i-130 processing date was March 10th. Last week the embassy got up to our date. Now they are up to April 1st and I still haven't received anything in the mail. Any experience on how long it typically takes for the letter with your case number to arrive after they say they are processing your date?

Thanks,

Rachel

Hi there, I'm filing DCF in London. Our official i-130 processing date was March 10th. Last week the embassy got up to our date. Now they are up to April 1st and I still haven't received anything in the mail. Any experience on how long it typically takes for the letter with your case number to arrive after they say they are processing your date?

Thanks,

Rachel

Really, it could be days or weeks. Just more waiting really. Have you received your offical I-130 approval yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Rachel

I'm in a similar position. We filed DCF in London in February. The filing date was February 17. They got up to ours on abut June 12. I received a letter from the Embassy on June 30, dated June 27, saying the I-130 had been approved and giving my case number. It seems like at least a couple of weeks is average. My wife's friend is an immigration lawyer in NY state and she says that it's not uncommon for this to take up to a month. So I would not fret just yet.

Simon

2006-03-06: married!

2006-05-17: wife moved from USA to UK

2008-05: wife granted Indefinite Leave to remain in UK

2010-09-15: wife became British citizen

2011-02-14: sent I-130 to US Embassy in London

2011-02-17: I-130 filed

2011-02-28: received notification of I-130 filing

2011-06-27: I-130 approved

2011-06-30: received notification of I-130 approval

2011-07-26: medical examination appointment

2011-07-28: sent DS-2001 to US Embassy in London

2011-08-09: received notification of interview appointment

2011-09-13: visa interview

2011-09-29: received request from US Embassy for my passport

2011-09-30: passport sent to Embassy

2011-10-05: received passport containing IR1 visa!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.