edsotherhalf

Montreal

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to put in a few things that happened in Montreal when I arrived for my interview. First off I was staying at Tour du Centreville hotel which is right across the street from the consulate. Medysis had told me to phone before coming to pick up my medical results so i phoned from the airport. She couldn't find them!!!! That caused a bit of stress. After 10 mins on hold she came back on and said they were there. Whew!!! So I figured since I had time I would check out the 747 bus route. I talked to the driver and he said there was a stop a block from the hotel. It would be stop #7 and they announce it. So on the bus I go. There was two guys sitting beside me, one asked me if I knew were I was going? I said I didn't have a clue. They were from Sydney Nova Scotia. The driver had told me which stop i needed but after about 5 mins my mind went blank and couldn't remember other than stop 7. I noticed a women lower in the bus with a map of the bus route so went and asked her if I could see it. She was from Saskatchewan!!! She was to get off at the same stop as me. Well with all the windows open and the noise of the bus, when they made announcements you could barely hear him. The guys beside me said I think they just announced your stop. But I looked out and saw the stop but he went right on by!!!! Sheesh, now what? Someone else on the bus said you have to push the button. None of us thought of that!!! so we got off at the next stop and the lady stopped a guy on the street and asked him to help us find out way. He was very helpful and pointed us in the right direction. so if you are staying at that hotel, get off at the Jeanne-Mance stop, go south one block and the hotel is right there. I would recommend the bus to anyone staying along Rene Levesque Blvd. Got to the hotel and they people behind the desk were very friendly and helpful. They pointed out the Consulate and told me how to get to Medysis. Go South to third set of lights, cross the street and walk up 5 blocks to Sherbrooke, turn right and about a block is the medical office. When I got there again they said they couldn;t find my results!! Then she said oh here they are, please take a seat and she took them to the back. Of course the mind is playing tricks again at this point, "now what can be wrong?" "did they find something and the Dr has to talk to me?" ####### like that. Unnecessary stress. After about 5 mins she called me up, handed me the package, said don't open it and I was out of there. Found lots of little shops to shop in along the way back to the hotel.

The room itself at the hotel was good. The room smelled musty when I got in, so just opened the windows and it disappeared. The room, especially the bathroom, was extremely clean. It was no Hilton Hotel but I was comfortable, got some food and ate right there. It had a kitchen, dining area and sitting area. I slept like a log so the bed was comfortable. Overall a good experience.

Oh when returning to the airport, I went back to the Jeanne-Mance stop, went to get on the bus, the driver asked where I was going, I said airport so he said you have to catch it on the other side of the road. So over I go, next bus, get on, hand him my ticket from the day before because the ticket is good for 24 hours, so so I thought. He said no good as it had to be within the same day, not over two days!!! So got off the bus to get change as they only take exact 8.00. I dug in my purse, found the change and caught the next one to the airport. They come about every 10 mins.

I hope this helps anyone else setting off for Montreal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to put in a few things that happened in Montreal when I arrived for my interview. First off I was staying at Tour du Centreville hotel which is right across the street from the consulate. Medysis had told me to phone before coming to pick up my medical results so i phoned from the airport. She couldn't find them!!!! That caused a bit of stress. After 10 mins on hold she came back on and said they were there. Whew!!! So I figured since I had time I would check out the 747 bus route. I talked to the driver and he said there was a stop a block from the hotel. It would be stop #7 and they announce it. So on the bus I go. There was two guys sitting beside me, one asked me if I knew were I was going? I said I didn't have a clue. They were from Sydney Nova Scotia. The driver had told me which stop i needed but after about 5 mins my mind went blank and couldn't remember other than stop 7. I noticed a women lower in the bus with a map of the bus route so went and asked her if I could see it. She was from Saskatchewan!!! She was to get off at the same stop as me. Well with all the windows open and the noise of the bus, when they made announcements you could barely hear him. The guys beside me said I think they just announced your stop. But I looked out and saw the stop but he went right on by!!!! Sheesh, now what? Someone else on the bus said you have to push the button. None of us thought of that!!! so we got off at the next stop and the lady stopped a guy on the street and asked him to help us find out way. He was very helpful and pointed us in the right direction. so if you are staying at that hotel, get off at the Jeanne-Mance stop, go south one block and the hotel is right there. I would recommend the bus to anyone staying along Rene Levesque Blvd. Got to the hotel and they people behind the desk were very friendly and helpful. They pointed out the Consulate and told me how to get to Medysis. Go South to third set of lights, cross the street and walk up 5 blocks to Sherbrooke, turn right and about a block is the medical office. When I got there again they said they couldn;t find my results!! Then she said oh here they are, please take a seat and she took them to the back. Of course the mind is playing tricks again at this point, "now what can be wrong?" "did they find something and the Dr has to talk to me?" ####### like that. Unnecessary stress. After about 5 mins she called me up, handed me the package, said don't open it and I was out of there. Found lots of little shops to shop in along the way back to the hotel.

The room itself at the hotel was good. The room smelled musty when I got in, so just opened the windows and it disappeared. The room, especially the bathroom, was extremely clean. It was no Hilton Hotel but I was comfortable, got some food and ate right there. It had a kitchen, dining area and sitting area. I slept like a log so the bed was comfortable. Overall a good experience.

Oh when returning to the airport, I went back to the Jeanne-Mance stop, went to get on the bus, the driver asked where I was going, I said airport so he said you have to catch it on the other side of the road. So over I go, next bus, get on, hand him my ticket from the day before because the ticket is good for 24 hours, so so I thought. He said no good as it had to be within the same day, not over two days!!! So got off the bus to get change as they only take exact 8.00. I dug in my purse, found the change and caught the next one to the airport. They come about every 10 mins.

lol, memories, ehheheh glad everything worked out for ya in the end. :star:

th_seattlegregandmecute.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations on your approval... :dance:

I am so anxious to get this going!!

One question... I see you were at NVC for a long time (6 months) was there a reason (if you don't mind me asking...)? I am currently preparing my paperwork and packages to the best of my ability and want this to go as fast as possible! :bonk:

Thank you! Congratulations once again!!! :thumbs:

Mrsj

PS - Awesome review on your experience at the embassy... Much appreciated!!! :D

qSIFm7.png

USCIS: 175 Days

NVC: 41 Days

NOA1 to Interview: 265 Days

Interview: 20 March 2012 - APPROVED

NVC for Montreal Beneficiaries – Electronic Processing and New Online Forms Guide by Saylin

Please edit your timeline in your profile so you can help others learn how long each step of this process takes. Thanks!

Congratulations!! :D Great review on your timeline, too!! :)

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Too funny! I took the 747 bus too from the airport to La Tour. They didn't tell me that I had to press the button so I too got off at the next stop....Thankfully it was a nice day so the walk was enjoyable. I loved being right across the street from the consulate. The motel room was clean but I didn't sleep in the bed. I fell asleep on the sofa in the living room (I had a small suite) The bus driver I had took my ticket for the return the next day...I wonder why yours didn't? They told me within 24 hours.....Very odd. Either way $8. is way better than paying a cab fare :-)

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on your sucessful "Visa Journey"!!!!! :dance:

I'm coming up on July 19th so your info is great review.

One question: on your Montreal Consulate review, you said they asked for originals of certain documents; I had to send all my originals in to NVC and they are forwarding them to the Consulate. Yours was different and I was wondering why because we are applying for the same type of Visa.

Just trying to figure this one out.....

Thanks and good luck!!

Marriage 2010-10-09

I-130 Sent : 2010-10-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-10-20

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-31

NVC Received : 2011-04-13

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-22

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-22

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-26

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-05-03

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-05-01

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-27

Pay IV Bill : 2011-04-27

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-04-29

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-05-20

Interview Date Montreal : 2011-07-19

Interview Result : Approved

POE Coutts, Ab : 2011-07-29

I-751 Sent : May 01, 2013

Early Biometrics : May 28, 2013

I-751 Approved: August 26, 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

It wasn't actually 6 mos. It went to NVC On Dec 31, 2010, we got our IV bill but held off paying for a month, then we got the interview letter on May 13, 2011. We also got a few RFE's from them to resend things in. So it was just over 4 months at NVC. Would have been 3 mos if paid bill sooner. All the other time it was in thier hands out of our control.

Congratulations on your approval... :dance:

I am so anxious to get this going!!

One question... I see you were at NVC for a long time (6 months) was there a reason (if you don't mind me asking...)? I am currently preparing my paperwork and packages to the best of my ability and want this to go as fast as possible! :bonk:

Thank you! Congratulations once again!!! :thumbs:

Mrsj

PS - Awesome review on your experience at the embassy... Much appreciated!!! :D

Timeline

I never sent in any documents. I opted in for email service so never sent any originals to NVC. I sent them electronically so had to present the originals at the interview which were all given back to me there.

Congrats on your sucessful "Visa Journey"!!!!! :dance:

I'm coming up on July 19th so your info is great review.

One question: on your Montreal Consulate review, you said they asked for originals of certain documents; I had to send all my originals in to NVC and they are forwarding them to the Consulate. Yours was different and I was wondering why because we are applying for the same type of Visa.

Just trying to figure this one out.....

Thanks and good luck!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I never sent in any documents. I opted in for email service so never sent any originals to NVC. I sent them electronically so had to present the originals at the interview which were all given back to me there.

Thanks for your reply. We opted in for email service too... perhaps we sent originals in error but it hasn't hurt us because the process has been smooth.... so far. :-)

Anyway, thanks again, all the best life with Ed!!:)

Marriage 2010-10-09

I-130 Sent : 2010-10-12

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-10-20

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-31

NVC Received : 2011-04-13

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-22

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-22

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-26

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-05-03

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-05-01

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-27

Pay IV Bill : 2011-04-27

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-04-29

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-05-20

Interview Date Montreal : 2011-07-19

Interview Result : Approved

POE Coutts, Ab : 2011-07-29

I-751 Sent : May 01, 2013

Early Biometrics : May 28, 2013

I-751 Approved: August 26, 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.