Trinilad

Jamaican Embassy Interview questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope I have finally found the right place to post this question.

My fiance has her interview at the Jamaican embassy on October 31st 2006. I am 99% certain that I would be there even if it for moral support. So I am hoping to get some pointers for anyone who had an interview in Jamaica recently.

1) Do I need the last tax return or the last 3. The instructions from the embassy was unclear.

2) My income exceed the 125% treshold comfortably by about $15,000.00 so I am not worried about that area for the I-134. I am wondering however how much of an importance is the bank statement since I just have a couple thousand saved, but just curious as to what is "enough" for the interview.

3) Anything special to look out for at the interview. Any questions that jumped out at you or anything that you found the person conducting the interview focussing on.

4) do you think me being at the interview helps? We were hoping that she would have been here already and I am heading to Jamaica this weekend because I think that 6 months apart is taking a toll on her. I was hoping that I would not have to return a month later, but I just do not want to make this any more stressful for her so I am going to bite the bullet and make it back in October only if it will help. I am doing the "ticket" dance hoping Air Jamaica has another sale again.

Anything that you can tell me about the interview would be appreciated. Questions, concerns, tips etc.

I really want to say that reading this forum has been such a blessing for me. I keep telling my fiance that the US may be a culture shock to the laid back life of Jamaica. Your experiences have definitely given me some pointers in lil "adjustments" to look out for.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance has her interview at the Jamaican embassy on October 31st 2006. I am 99% certain that I would be there even if it for moral support. So I am hoping to get some pointers for anyone who had an interview in Jamaica recently.

1) Do I need the last tax return or the last 3. The instructions from the embassy was unclear.

2) My income exceed the 125% treshold comfortably by about $15,000.00 so I am not worried about that area for the I-134. I am wondering however how much of an importance is the bank statement since I just have a couple thousand saved, but just curious as to what is "enough" for the interview.

3) Anything special to look out for at the interview. Any questions that jumped out at you or anything that you found the person conducting the interview focussing on.

4) do you think me being at the interview helps? We were hoping that she would have been here already and I am heading to Jamaica this weekend because I think that 6 months apart is taking a toll on her. I was hoping that I would not have to return a month later, but I just do not want to make this any more stressful for her so I am going to bite the bullet and make it back in October only if it will help. I am doing the "ticket" dance hoping Air Jamaica has another sale again.

Anything that you can tell me about the interview would be appreciated. Questions, concerns, tips etc.

I really want to say that reading this forum has been such a blessing for me. I keep telling my fiance that the US may be a culture shock to the laid back life of Jamaica. Your experiences have definitely given me some pointers in lil "adjustments" to look out for.

Hello,

I you post directly under "Yardies, at home ans a Farrin" Part 3 above, there are several members that can help you.

:)

Please excuse the fat finger spelling errors :(

I130 touched 4/22/06

10/5/06Recd 5 EMAILS I130 APPOVED

10/11/06 Rec'd NOA2

11/5/06 Case # recd/ DS3032,I894 mailed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I129 touched 5/19/06

I129 touched 5/25/06

I129F touched 7/3/06

Email regarding RFE- SENT 6/30/06

Rec RFE 7/03/06

Mailed RFE 7/5/06

RFE REC'D 7/8/06

2nd RFE REC 7/14/06

Returned 7/14/06

8/12/06 TOUCHED

8/18/06 3rd RFE

8/22/06 mailed response

8/28/06 Touched

8/29/06 Touched

9/6/06 Touched

9/6/06 Email NOA ON 9/5/06!

9/17/06 Touched-

9/18/96 CASE # ASSIGNED

9/23/06 Rec'd letter dated 9/21/06, stating that petition will be forward to embassy within a week.

10/06/06 Petition rec'd in JA 9/20/06, packet 3 mailed 9/26/06.

10/30/06 Packet 3 picked up DS 230 dropped off

12/21/06 Waiting for Interview date-2 months???????No response from Embassy

1/25/07 Interview date 2/27/07 (planning to attend)

2/08/ - 2/23/07 Trip to JA

2/13/07 Medical

2/21/07 Police Cert not issued

2/22/07 Canceled and Requested new Interview date(which will most likely be in 6 months)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.