Patrick&Chloe

A little lost

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all,

So I was expecting a little longer than a few days for packet 3 from the SYD U.S consulate (via fiance email), so I'm a little overwealmed with such a sort time gap.

So the lucky thing is that I have completed my police certificate, and visa medical prior so thats out of the way. :thumbs:

However my fiance is still working on the other documents that need to be sent to me (I-134 and supporting documents) That should be with me in maybe a little over a week and still have a few things to work on.

Anyway, I'm SO confused. I know the forms are pretty easy BUT you can never be too careful. In the packet 3 instructions it says to send back to the consulate right away form DS-230 part 1. Ok.. do I send away that form by its self now? or do I wait for the rest of the documents and send away then? If you send it alone do they send you somethng back? I was hoping to have worked all this out BEFORE I got it but they were sneaky and gave it to me fast :wacko:

ALSO, not sure if anyone else had this problem but when we called NVC they didn't have a record of our case number as of yet (reason we werent expecting packet 3 so soon) But we got a letter from NVC in the mail with our case number so we thought maybe on one of the days we didn't ring it arrived so that was it. But I thought it was a little strange so I asked my fiance to call today (after packet 3) just to see if it would give us our case number and nope.. stil wasnt there LOL, Not a big deal now but just thought it was a little strange.

SO yeah Australians! fire away and let me know what I need to do! I'm a big ol' ball of confusion right now :blink:

Thanks heaps,

Chloe

K-1 Visa

Engaged 25/01/2011

I-129F sent 25/02/2011

NOA1 received 02/03/2011

NOA2 received 31/05/2011

Medical completed 14/06/2011

NVC received petition 21/06/2011

Petition arrived at SYD consulate 28/06/2011

Packet 3 (via email) received 28/06/2011

Packet 3 sent to consulate 18/07/2011

Packet 3 received by consulate 19/07/2011

Packet 4 received (via email) 20/07/2011

Interview date 09/08/2011

Interview PASSED! 9/08/2011

Visa received 17/08/2011

Flight booked 1/11/2011

POE 1/11/2011

AOS - EAD - AP

Date filed: 9/03/2012

NOA: 13/03/2012

Bio appointment: 04/04/2012

Interview: 19/06/2012

EAD and AP card received: 10/05/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all,

So I was expecting a little longer than a few days for packet 3 from the SYD U.S consulate (via fiance email), so I'm a little overwealmed with such a sort time gap.

So the lucky thing is that I have completed my police certificate, and visa medical prior so thats out of the way. :thumbs:

However my fiance is still working on the other documents that need to be sent to me (I-134 and supporting documents) That should be with me in maybe a little over a week and still have a few things to work on.

Anyway, I'm SO confused. I know the forms are pretty easy BUT you can never be too careful. In the packet 3 instructions it says to send back to the consulate right away form DS-230 part 1. Ok.. do I send away that form by its self now? or do I wait for the rest of the documents and send away then? If you send it alone do they send you somethng back? I was hoping to have worked all this out BEFORE I got it but they were sneaky and gave it to me fast :wacko:

ALSO, not sure if anyone else had this problem but when we called NVC they didn't have a record of our case number as of yet (reason we werent expecting packet 3 so soon) But we got a letter from NVC in the mail with our case number so we thought maybe on one of the days we didn't ring it arrived so that was it. But I thought it was a little strange so I asked my fiance to call today (after packet 3) just to see if it would give us our case number and nope.. stil wasnt there LOL, Not a big deal now but just thought it was a little strange.

SO yeah Australians! fire away and let me know what I need to do! I'm a big ol' ball of confusion right now :blink:

Thanks heaps,

Chloe

NO need to be confused Chloe, I was only saying to my hubbie the other night I am so glad I did not know about ringing NVC and USCIS before I did this as I would have gone mad with worry. I think knowing too much can cause more worry than anything. SO when we get our packet 3 case number on it I was not phased by it. I never made any calls just let it all happen. Less stress that way darl. SO you have your case number and that's all you need to worry about.:thumbs: DS230 part 1 I sent it all off together with my documents. Did not send part 1 first. Got all my paperwork well I had it all when we got packet 3 as I was way ahead of schedule lol and sent it all in one hit over night express post. So you know Patrick has to send 134, employment letter stating position, wages and time he has worked there, 6 pay stubs at least and bank letter, yeah. Oh and refresh letter of intent (L) You are fine kind of quick yeah but its all good you are organised just relax take a deep breath :P and follow instructions on letter lol :yes:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

NO need to be confused Chloe, I was only saying to my hubbie the other night I am so glad I did not know about ringing NVC and USCIS before I did this as I would have gone mad with worry. I think knowing too much can cause more worry than anything. SO when we get our packet 3 case number on it I was not phased by it. I never made any calls just let it all happen. Less stress that way darl. SO you have your case number and that's all you need to worry about.:thumbs: DS230 part 1 I sent it all off together with my documents. Did not send part 1 first. Got all my paperwork well I had it all when we got packet 3 as I was way ahead of schedule lol and sent it all in one hit over night express post. So you know Patrick has to send 134, employment letter stating position, wages and time he has worked there, 6 pay stubs at least and bank letter, yeah. Oh and refresh letter of intent (L) You are fine kind of quick yeah but its all good you are organised just relax take a deep breath :P and follow instructions on letter lol :yes:

Thanks for the reply! So its probably better to waiting till I have everything and send it all in at once?

K-1 Visa

Engaged 25/01/2011

I-129F sent 25/02/2011

NOA1 received 02/03/2011

NOA2 received 31/05/2011

Visa received 17/08/2011

Flight booked 1/11/2011

POE 1/11/2011

AOS - EAD - AP

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for the reply! So its probably better to waiting till I have everything and send it all in at once?

Yes darling wait and send it all in together that way nothing gets lost.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

Yes darling wait and send it all in together that way nothing gets lost.

Thanks very much!

K-1 Visa

Engaged 25/01/2011

I-129F sent 25/02/2011

NOA1 received 02/03/2011

NOA2 received 31/05/2011

Visa received 17/08/2011

Flight booked 1/11/2011

POE 1/11/2011

AOS - EAD - AP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.