Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

DCF - US address for form I-130?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts


I am new to the forum, but plan to file my I-130 in the next few days. The only thing that's stumping me is that the I-130 asks for an 'Address in the US where your relative intends to live'.

My husband, who is the USC, has lived in Canada since he was a child, and has recently accepted a job offer in California, but we won't know our US address until closer to the time he leaves. I would like to get the paperwork submitted ASAP though.

Should we just put in that section 'currently looking for a home to lease in XXXXXXXXXX'? You can clearly see on the form that we share the same address in Canada. And if you're going the DCF route doesn't it make sense that you wouldn't have a US address at the present time?

Looking forward to hearing any responses!!

ps. This forum has been great & so helpful!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...