abdelnish83

K1 Petition approved now what???

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ok soo my i petitioned for my fiance in March and just not recieved the letter that the petition is approved and it says to contact the us embassy but i thought they were suppossed to be sending him a letter telling him whats next to do?? what can i be doing now to prepare? and what can he be doing now? i just need updated info from someone whos been through this recently. Im not sure what should be happening. are they waiting on us or are we waiting on them for something?

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

ok now your petition will be mailed to casablanca consulate and you must be patient because ours took almost 2 months before we heard that they received it. in the notification letter there will be his interview date and time and some forms he will need to fill out and other certificates and things he needs to get and get translated. it will also tell him to get his medical exam done. some paperwork in morocco has an expiration time like its only good for 3 months so if he did anything before and its already been 3 months..he must do it again like birth certificates.

this is what will be required from him on his end....it will be on the interview paperwork sent. but he can get an idea looking at this link.

http://www.travel.st...pes_2994.html#5

now would be a great time for you to send him a copy of the entire I-129F, along with a photo album that you put together with some new and different photos of you guys, the originals of any cards, letters, airplane tickets,copy of new passport stamped pages , proof that you have spent time together, receipts etc. he will take them to the interview too. copies of all paperwork sent from USCIS and NVC. new letter of intent to marry.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU MUST DO AND SEND QUICKLY (if you dont already live in morocco) AND SIGN AND HAVE ALL IMPORTANT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR IS THE I-134 AND THE I-864!!!!!!! IN CASABLANCA THERE IS CONFUSION OF WHICH ONE THEY ACTUALLY ACCEPT SO DO BOTH!! EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT IS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS THEY WILL ASK HIM TO PRESENT!!! send at least 3 recent years of tax 1040, bank statements, proof of employement, any and all things to show you can support him and all that is asked on those forms. send it quickly because you know how slow mail is getting to morocco.

ANOTHER GREAT LINK WE USED TO GATHER ALL THINGS NEEDED .....

http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide,

go down to "

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):"

GOOD LUCK!!!!

i also posted a post of what happened at our interview step by step if you want to see how the experience went for us...its in the review morocco consulate section.

ALL THE BEST!!

ok soo my i petitioned for my fiance in March and just not recieved the letter that the petition is approved and it says to contact the us embassy but i thought they were suppossed to be sending him a letter telling him whats next to do?? what can i be doing now to prepare? and what can he be doing now? i just need updated info from someone whos been through this recently. Im not sure what should be happening. are they waiting on us or are we waiting on them for something?

Edited by basstof and robi

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow thats alot. im getting worried. But i know what i need to do now. thanks a million for this info. I really really appreciate it.

ok now your petition will be mailed to casablanca consulate and you must be patient because ours took almost 2 months before we heard that they received it. in the notification letter there will be his interview date and time and some forms he will need to fill out and other certificates and things he needs to get and get translated. it will also tell him to get his medical exam done. some paperwork in morocco has an expiration time like its only good for 3 months so if he did anything before and its already been 3 months..he must do it again like birth certificates.

this is what will be required from him on his end....it will be on the interview paperwork sent. but he can get an idea looking at this link.

http://www.travel.st...pes_2994.html#5

now would be a great time for you to send him a copy of the entire I-129F, along with a photo album that you put together with some new and different photos of you guys, the originals of any cards, letters, airplane tickets,copy of new passport stamped pages , proof that you have spent time together, receipts etc. he will take them to the interview too. copies of all paperwork sent from USCIS and NVC. new letter of intent to marry.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU MUST DO AND SEND QUICKLY (if you dont already live in morocco) AND SIGN AND HAVE ALL IMPORTANT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION FOR IS THE I-134 AND THE I-864!!!!!!! IN CASABLANCA THERE IS CONFUSION OF WHICH ONE THEY ACTUALLY ACCEPT SO DO BOTH!! EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT IS ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS THEY WILL ASK HIM TO PRESENT!!! send at least 3 recent years of tax 1040, bank statements, proof of employement, any and all things to show you can support him and all that is asked on those forms. send it quickly because you know how slow mail is getting to morocco.

ANOTHER GREAT LINK WE USED TO GATHER ALL THINGS NEEDED .....

http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide,

go down to "

What to send to your fiance(e) once the I-129F is approved (Receive NOA2):"

GOOD LUCK!!!!

i also posted a post of what happened at our interview step by step if you want to see how the experience went for us...its in the review morocco consulate section.

ALL THE BEST!!

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

no problem :star:

wow thats alot. im getting worried. But i know what i need to do now. thanks a million for this info. I really really appreciate it.

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.