figuringthisout

Police Report Type

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

From everything I've read a Canadian citizen only needs a name only record of no conviction stating that the national database was searched.

The guy at the RCMP office (albeit being very rude) turned away another gal in front of her saying she NEEDED a fingerprint search. I told her to insist on a name only search, and after a while of arguing with the guy, she now has it in her hands! =D

I would just like to confirm this: NVC will only need a fingerprint search if A.) They request it or B.) there are any criminal records correct? (She has NONE)

Thanks!

Edited by figuringthisout

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

correct no need for fingerprinting one unless she has criminal records or the NVC/consul asks for one!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ALSO

For anyone needing to do this: If you have recently moved and your photo ids don't reflect your new address - make sure to bring something with your name and address on it! Whether it be a bank statement with address/name, or a bill, etc.

Edited by figuringthisout

I sent in a Name Only and it got rejected. I've never so much as spoken to a cop, let alone had any convictions. lol I ended up going and getting an RCMP Finger print one to be safe. With that said, by the time they "rejected it" (they took awhile) my certificate had expired by three days. It was only good for three months. The operator insisted it was because I needed finger prints, but part of me thinks it was really the expiration thing.

Anyways, if you CAN get finger prints, may as well. But Name Only should definitely be okay.

Married: 09-24-2010

I-130 Process

I-130 Sent: 10-29-2010

1-130 Received: 10-31-2010

NOA1 Received (Electronic): 11-03-2010

NOA1 Received (Hard Copy): 11-08-2010

NOA2 Received (Electronic): 03-11-2011

NOA2 Received (Hard Copy): 03-17-2011

NVC Process

Applied/Opt-In E-Processing: 03-28-2011

NVC Case Number Assigned: 03-30-2011

AOS Fee Paid: 03-30-2011

Submitted COA Form/Approved: 03-30-2011

Approved for E-Processing: 04-09-2011

DS-260 Fee Paid: 04-09-2011

DS-260 Supporting Documents Submitted/Rec'd: 04-09-2011

Affidavit of Support Submitted/Rec'd: 04-26-2011

Checklist Letters for Support Docs/AOS Rec'd: 05-04-2011

Re-submitted AOS/Supporting Docs: 05-04-2011

NVC Case Complete: 06-13-2011

Montreal Interview: 08-08-2011 - Approved!

Passport/Visa Rec'd: 08-10-2011!

75 Days Total at the NVC

Check Out Our Story:

bloggraphic.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.