3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi All,

I have some confusion concerning the payment of fees for the medical examination and for the interview itself for a K-1 visa. I reached out to the consulate and they did not provide me with any additional information other than, refer to our website for answers. So, any of you who have gone through the interview process in Ankara, if any of you could shed some light I would be most appreciative.

1. The fees for medical must be paid in USD is this correct? If so, does anyone know what form of payment is considered acceptable? Cash, check, credit card, etc? Also, my fiance is unable to locate his medical records so it appears he will need to have some vaccinations most likely. Now I did read that each vaccination can cost somewhere between $5 and $20 a piece, so aside from the standard fees for the medical examination, how much would you suggest that I tell him to take with him to the examination? Also, approximately, how long did the examination take? He is in the process of scheduling his flight tickets and is trying to decide if he could take a return flight home scheduled for 3pm, in that his examination is scheduled for 10:30 am.

2. The fees that have to be paid to TEB for the interview, do any of you know if these fees must be paid to the TEB bank in Ankara or can he pay these fees at any TEB in the city where he lives? Also, concerning the fees for this, they as well must be pain in USD. In that he is going to the bank to make this payment, if he takes lira, they can just do the conversion there, correct?

I know these questions may seem a bit silly however, we are just trying to be as diligent as possible and avoid any issues or problems along the way if at all possible. Any insight any of you can provide would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!

Tuana

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Tuana and Kemal I had my interview in Ankara there have no any interview fee you perhaps mix with visa fee, visa fee is 350$ you have to pay to TEB bank and take your receipt with you on interview or they will not let you in.Regarding medical exam I paid 260 Turkish lira they accept Turkish lira as well.I don't know how much will cost his medical exam it depends what vactionstion he had already,so it can vary from 200 up to 700 TL. Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

He can pay visa fee 350$ in any TEB brunch in any city of Turkey.The medical exam will not take long if his medical exam on Friday then he will get results on Monday if it in working days the will get on next day, the doctor will determine what vaccination he will need.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.