memaii

Birth Certificate Problem (NSO) from the Philippines

4 posts in this topic

I am the beneficiary from Canada and my Petitioner is my fiance from California. I've been having problems with my birth certificate. I have been trying to get it from the National Statistic Office in the Philippines for a while now, and I am worried I won't be able to receive it by the time I have to submit it to the USCIS. So I've been digging through my mother's file and I found a Certificate of Live birth (Regular paper size) with my name, date of birth, place of birth, and name of my parents. However it is ONLY PRINTED OUT ON ONE SIDE of the paper, on the back it has a stamp from the National Statistic Office signed and dated by the Statistician. Can I use this document as a proof of my birth certificate?

I asked a family friend/babysitter to try to get my birth certificate for me in the Philippines since all of my family now lives in Canada. When she tried to get my birth certificate at National Statistics Office, it came out as a Negative of Live Birth (They don't have any records of my Birth Certificate!) So the Civil Registration Department requested a letter for endorsement at the City Civil Registrar but we were not able to follow through after that. Any suggestions how I can get my birth certificate???

PS. Even if I try to get it online, it will also result as a Negative :(

Edited by memaii

i was also gonna suggest to have a family member do it for you (since it only takes 3 days) then have him/her send it to you but since thats not the issue you prolly would need to file for a late registration :(

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.