kristen_maroc

Mailing or shiping from Morocco to the US?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello, all!

Any of you have luck shipping suitcases from Morocco to the US? About two years ago, I mailed one home and it made it, but that was from a small regional post office who knew me well... not the big monstrosity in Rabat!

I have heard about shipping suitcases from the airport... airport to airport pick-up, so to speak. Has anyone done this with success?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I dont have any idea as i used to send just packages. I dont think the matter of sending it from an airport to another is true.

2007-11-8 : Married

AOS

2008-3-03 : AOS sent

2008-3-12 : Check cashed

2008-3-14 : Received Receipt Notices of AOS ,EAD and AP

2008-3-17 : Biometrics Appointment notice date

2008-4-03 : Biometrics Appointment ,,,DONE,,,

2008-5-09 : EAD card ordered and AP approval notice

2008-5-13 : AP approval notice sent

2008-5-16 : AP received

2008-5-19 : EAD Approval notice sent

2008-5-21 : EAD received

2008-6-27 : interview appointment letter (for August)

2008-8---- : interview was fine, but was given a RFE, reason: chicken pox shot( although i got the shot when i was little)

2008-10-- : green card

ROC

2010-7-13 : I-751 sent

2010-7-16 : I-751 received

2010-7-20 : I-751 sent back to me. Cause: signatures and filing early.

2010-7-26 : I-751 re-sent

2010-8-09 : First NOA received ( dated 8/2 )

2010-8-12 : Biometrics appointment letter received ( dated 8/6 )

2010-8-19 : Early biometrics

2010-9-08 : Card production ordered

2010-9-15 : Green Card received, with incorrect first name (one letter missing)

I-90

2010-9-16 : Sent I-90 with Green Card

2010-9-17 : I-90 delivered

2010-9-24 : Receipt received. Notice date: 9-22

2011-2-08 : Card production ordered

2011-2-10 : Card received with NO errors.

N400 :

11-22-2011 :Sent

02-21-2012 :Interview ( a long delay afterwards)

05-18-2012 :Oath - US citizen

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I dont have any idea as i used to send just packages. I dont think the matter of sending it from an airport to another is true.

Yes you can do it through Logistics located at the airport, I used to send boxes and suitcases for a business in Australia with no problems, It is kinda pricy alittle bit .

Before I came to USA I sent a bunch of stuff to my Finacee back then, carpets, blankets, Henna lamps, Mejmar, raboz. I stuck all that in a friend's HUGE container who ships stuff from Morocco to his restaurant in Atlanta, GA where I used to live.

Good luck. thalla

Simo.

Timeline

Those are some fine Pictures, I can tell that My lovely Marrakesh city my home town :)

Timeline

Yes you can do it through Logistics located at the airport, I used to send boxes and suitcases for a business in Australia with no problems, It is kinda pricy alittle bit .

Before I came to USA I sent a bunch of stuff to my Finacee back then, carpets, blankets, Henna lamps, Mejmar, raboz. I stuck all that in a friend's HUGE container who ships stuff from Morocco to his restaurant in Atlanta, GA where I used to live.

Good luck. thalla

Simo.

Imperial Fez? I love that place. The carrot salad is to die for.

Timeline

Oh, and in case anyone is curious...

I went to the large post office in Rabat and they shipped it, no problem. It was pricy (worked out to a little under 80 dh per kilo!) but that's to be expected, I suppose. They even let me just lock it up with a lock and key afterwords, which was nice.

Timeline

Imperial Fez? I love that place. The carrot salad is to die for.

Yep I love it too It is kinda expensive but good food, I worked there when I first came to the US for a week or so, The owner is a friend of mine before I even moved from Morocco, so It worked out well and gave some chance to get out of the house .

Glad U got your stuff shipped through poste office.

Simo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.