Greg64

Rescheduling Montreal interview I-130

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you to all at visaJourney for advice over the years. I've never posted because I was always able to find what I was looking for through the experiences of others related here. I'm sure that this has been covered in the past but I can't seem to find a fitting post.

I entered the US 9 years ago on a K-1 visa. Five years ago my Canadian daughter moved with me and soon after we started the process of an I-130 application. Long story short, after years of paperwork and waiting, out of the blue on June 2nd we were granted an interview in Montreal for July 6th. As we were gathering the necessary materials I discovered that my daughters passport had recently expired (of all the stupid things I should have kept up with). Immediately we sent off to renew her Canadian passport but the turn around will make having it in time to travel for her interview a poor gamble at best. On January 3rd I emailed the consulate requesting another interview date. It has been three weeks and I have not gotten a reply from Montreal. The site http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3742.html is not working when you select US Embassy/Consulate specific information.

I have not received any word from Montreal concerning my rescheduling and we are getting close to the original interview date. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I really don't want to jeopardize my daughter's immigration chances by missing an appointment and an email getting lost in the shuffle.

Can anyone provide any advice in the matter?

Timeline

Should really be in the Canada section since thats where most of the people talk about their problems with Montreal.

There is a phone number to call to book appointments but cannot remember it off the top of my head.

Montreal rarely answers emails specially when they have to do about interview appointments. Have you tried calling NVC to ask about rescheduling and see what they say?

With Montreal its not advised to reschedule an interview because it could be quite a few months off before you get another interview.

Did you apply for expedited passport renewal? Thats another option is to contact them and request faster service.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Thank you inky. Sorry about posting in the wrong section.

Its not really the "wrong" section you will just get more answers likely by posting in the Canada section.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.