akinnikki

Interview Trouble!!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

We had our interview today and there was a problem.. so we did not get the visa today because they could not find my 2010 1040 and w2. So we called the IRS had them faxed and sent it back the the embassy via UPS same day. I hope we will be getting our visa in the mail still next week. Does any one know how long it will take?

Thank you,

Nikki and AKin ATA

Timeline

We had our interview today and there was a problem.. so we did not get the visa today because they could not find my 2010 1040 and w2. So we called the IRS had them faxed and sent it back the the embassy via UPS same day. I hope we will be getting our visa in the mail still next week. Does any one know how long it will take?

Thank you,

Nikki and AKin ATA

Oh wow, that stinks. Iam so sorry to hear that. Did you include this information initially in your packet? If so, and you can prove that this was included, I would suggest calling them on Monday, between 4-5pm their time and discuss it with them. FYI I am not sure if you have called the consulate before, but if you have, make sure you select immigrant visa, then selection I believe option 1 for regarding a particular case to speak with someone directly. When you make this selection, if it rings but puts you through to an extension, keep calling, eventually you will get to someone. I would simply call them and ask them how long they usually take to re-schedule an interview for supplimental documentation that needed to be provided. I wish you the best of luck, and please keep us informed on what happened and if you do call, what information they were already provided.

If you don't mind my asking and I hope you do not take offense, but would you mind sharing with us what question were asked during the interview? Take care and best of luck to you!

Tuana

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Timeline

Oh wow, that stinks. Iam so sorry to hear that. Did you include this information initially in your packet? If so, and you can prove that this was included, I would suggest calling them on Monday, between 4-5pm their time and discuss it with them. FYI I am not sure if you have called the consulate before, but if you have, make sure you select immigrant visa, then selection I believe option 1 for regarding a particular case to speak with someone directly. When you make this selection, if it rings but puts you through to an extension, keep calling, eventually you will get to someone. I would simply call them and ask them how long they usually take to re-schedule an interview for supplimental documentation that needed to be provided. I wish you the best of luck, and please keep us informed on what happened and if you do call, what information they were already provided.

If you don't mind my asking and I hope you do not take offense, but would you mind sharing with us what question were asked during the interview? Take care and best of luck to you!

Tuana

Well the American Citizen is not allowed inside, so you will have to wait across the street. My husband said the officer and the security are rude, which makes it more difficulet when you are already nervous. They first ask for your documents required and you 2x2 photos and your medical report. Then you will sit down and they will call you up to the window to start the interview. The man will ask how you met, about your co-sponsor(if you have one),he will ask for a few picutres, and letters ( to prove a relationship). With the letters make sure you have both letters sent and replied.

They will ask about both of your jobs, and what you plan to do in the US, and what your current job is in Turkey, How you learn to speak english (if you do), or if the american knows turkish (how), and make sure you have the most current tax years. I did not and we sent it to the Embassy the day after the interview via UPS. So now we are just wondering how long it will take them to send us our visa. They did not say we had to come back for a second interview. THey only said to send the stuff via UPS back to the embassy with your passport and they will stamp it and send it back to us.

Usually if your interview will go ok, you will get your visa within 3-4 business days after the interview. Don't buy plane tickets or make any travel plans incase something does go wrong. They usually find something wrong, and send you away. Make sure both of you know about eachother's lifes and family's.

I will let you know when we get the Visa.

(p.s- You don't need so many pictures and evidence. We were told we would, and then we did notneed anything besides 5 pictures and some letters. The officers are completely rude which makes for a horrible interview, and makes you more nervous. They could beinside for 2 hours or more... )

Timeline

We got news that we should be getting our visa by the end of the week. On the website or when you call it says that you should recieve it withing 5 business days after prcoessing after they recieve it by UPS.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.