3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

this opens a whole new chapter in US immigration. sorry this happened to you. hang in there, never give up

I'm glad I found this forum before I hired a lawyer.

I had first meeting with them. Some of them suggests that I should file AOS first and once it's approved, we will file I-360. They would be so wrong.

Most of my evidence is based on mental abuse. The only thing I claimed as physical abuse when she bite my neck till it was bleeding when I was asleep just because I was too tired to have sex with her. I submit that photo as well

SARAH kHAN I just hope you are not filing the form I-360 with the same lawyer that filed your I-290B, because he filed an appeal after 10 months of the denial when the law says 30 days, he must be a bad lawyer.

exactly you are 101% right.He made not only one mistake. now I am changing my lawyer. i am still finding good lawyer in nj or ny can some one help me?

Edited by Sara khan

exactly you are 101% right.He made not only one mistake. now I am changing my lawyer. i am still finding good lawyer in nj or ny can some one help me?

Get Sandranj. She is the best attorney for VAWA cases and she is honest (very hard to find honest attorney)!

Good Luck!

I'm not attorney and this is not legal advice, this is just my personal opinion!

USCIS:

03/26/2008 Approved I-130
04/21/2011 Send I-360, I-765 and I-485 to Vermont Service Center
05/26/2011 Approved EAD
05/31/2011 Request for evidence for I-360
06/24/2011 Biometrics I-485
09/06/2011 Send responds for RFE of I-360
09/12/2011 Prima Facie approval for I-360
01/09/2012 Send E-mails to VSC asking what is going on with my case. (E-mail send to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov and to SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov)
01/17/2012 Got responds from VSC email saying that they can't talk about my case over phone or e-mail.
02/26/2012 Approved extension of EAD
02/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (second one)
06/28/2012 Send letter to VSC to see what is going on with my case
08/28/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (third one)
09/18/2012 RFE
10/10/2012 Renewed Prima Facie (Fourth one)
10/31/2012 VSC received RFE respond
02/04/2013 Renewed Prima Facie (Sixte one)
04/17/2013 I-360 and I-485 got DENAID!

05/15/2013 Filed I-290B Notice of Appeal from denial of VAWA I-360 - APPEAL WAS DENIED

12/15/2014 Filed for second time I-360, I-485, I-765 and I-131

12/30/2014 RFE for Good Moral Character received

01/08/2015 FBI clairance and respond to RFE sent to VSC

02/12/2015 RFE I-131 asking if I was or I'm in removal proceedings

03/03/2015 Respond for I-131 RFE sent to VSC

04/02/2015 RFE for Bona Fide Marriage, proof of shared residents and request for more evidence regarding Abuse received

04/20/2015 I-765 and I-131 APPROVED.

06/25/2015 Respond to I-360 RFE sent to VSC

07/14/2015 I-360 application APPROVED!!!

ICE

04/29/2011 Went for appointment with ICE officer and got processed
06/01/2011 Turn my passport in and started to report to BI twice a month in BI office, ones a month via phone and once a month they come to my home
01/05/2012 Still don't have court date!
02/02/2012 Terminated removal proceedings.

Get Sandranj. She is the best attorney for VAWA cases and she is honest (very hard to find honest attorney)!

Good Luck!

She is knowledgeable, but how would you know if she is honest? Seriously.

Sara Khan, did you go to psychologist for emotional abuse? Sandranj gave you the recipe for success no?

Maybe there is hope for VAWA unit? Deny 2 times? How many times can you refile? Sara is not telling us something, probably many things. If you already had a visa or AOS why bother with I-360? Something very strange here.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

newimmigJD how dare you question my honesty? I am a member of the VJ almost 8 years and I filed several Vawa cases for members of the VIsa Journey and I never ever charged one single dollar.I am a former prosecutor. I own a non profit organization who helps victims of domestic violence. I worked for the United Nation for several years. My past and my career show very well who I am. I am not here in the VJ to get Immigration cases. I don't need that sweet heart.

(Post edited to remove TOS violation)

Edited by Kathryn41

She is knowledgeable, but how would you know if she is honest? Seriously.

Sara Khan, did you go to psychologist for emotional abuse? Sandranj gave you the recipe for success no?

Maybe there is hope for VAWA unit? Deny 2 times? How many times can you refile? Sara is not telling us something, probably many things. If you already had a visa or AOS why bother with I-360? Something very strange here.

I can't tell you whole story about me maybe you are USCIS officer. if i will tell you every thing you will deny my case 4th time. now I will entered in USCIS from other door.

Edited by Sara khan

Baiting and personal attacks are violations of the VJ TOS, and will not be tolerated in this forum. Administrative action will be taken if it continues.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sandra/any professional assist me?

I am on the other side of the VAWA. I am a male with zero criminal record in 50 years and now my Russian wife of two years is claiming I hit her. I had some suspcions about her so never filed to change her F-1 status after we civilly married. I believe she is using this false claim and the Domestic Protection order to self sponsor herself here in the US. Doubts turned out to be true as she is now pregnant with a fellow countryman's baby.(He has also had his marriage annulled to a US citizen and is in deportation proceedings)

We are in annulment proceedings now. Is there ANY way I can get a copy (i.e. via discovery or a Court Order) or her I-360 to put into evidence for a motive why she might claim this?

I feel completely powerless as she just runs over me--defames my name--and uses US citizens sponosred Legal Aid lawyers--while I am vet with two tours in Afghan and Iraq are about ready to have to go to a shelter for lack of money for rent:(

Timeline

HUGH COle you won't be able to get a copy of her I-360 NEVER,EVER. USCIS can't tell anyone nor share any information about VAWA case except with the applicant and Immigration Court. She was married two years and you never sponsored her AOS there is a huge chance she can have her Vawa approved based in mental abuse, if she is claiming mental abuse.Vawa Unit adjudicated several cases lately where they decided that the individuals married one, two years and never had their green card petition filed they considered those individuals were subjected to mental abuse, not filing AOS after married for a while is considered ground to claim mental abuse. I am not saying is your case, but she has a great chance to haver her Vawa approved.

Divorced or marriage annulment won't interfere in the Vawa decisions cases ok.I saw several people had the marriage annulled and despite that they had their Vawa case approved.USCIS will consider the evidences of the abuse and proof of a bonafide marriage, not the grounds for divorce or annulment.

Edited by sandranj

"not filing AOS after married for a while is considered ground to claim mental abuse"

is this new policy? A few months ago what was sounding out on this forum was that failure to sponsor was NOT abuse. along with No Child Support, Adultery...and, help me, what other transgressions that you could list. Also, what about bringing STD's into marriage, and repeated variations of that offence?

Timeline

Single dad is not new policy but Vawa Unit understood in several cases that the US Citizen or LPR used their status, used their "power" to control the alleged victim, threatening to deport her/him. It's a completely different case if the couple and/or one spouse didn't have the money to file AOS, but the individual that DELIBERATELY do not file AOS expecting with that the "alleged victim" obey,follow his/her rules is mentally abusing the spouse . Failure to pay child support is not abuse!. The abuser "get pleasure" inflicting pain.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.