USColombia

Colombia Club Part III

443 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Could someone kindly post what us K-1 folks should make sure our fiance brings with them from Colombia (paperwork-wise) in order to marry in the US or in order to provide USCIS later in the process, after marriage etc. I want to make sure she remembers to bring everything she could possibly need and if any translations, notaries, etc are needed that she gets them done in Colombia

Ie. Birth-Certificate, Baptism Certificate, police reports, medical, vaccination records, etc. Originals, copies, or notarized copies? Translated into English?

What does she need to bring to the US?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey,

I just posted my review on Colombian Reviews. just would like to share the experience with the "new system" which seems faster. Also the new DHL free visa delivery process seems pretty organized and faster as well.

Good luck in your process and interviews!

Thank you much for the report! Looks like some of the changes are for the better..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

I know there has been discussion on when or when not to get the vaccines. Is 7-14 days before the medical/interview ok?

Timeline

Today i got my Visa at DHL. My interview was on friday october the 14th, monday was a holiday here, and actually my visa arrived wednesday evening to the DHl that i chose. I picked it today thursday the 20th so was basically three business days. Pretty fast!

Timeline

Today i got my Visa at DHL. My interview was on friday october the 14th, monday was a holiday here, and actually my visa arrived wednesday evening to the DHl that i chose. I picked it today thursday the 20th so was basically three business days. Pretty fast!

Awesome.. Thanks so much for sharing that info.. I feel much better about my plans now.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I know there has been discussion on when or when not to get the vaccines. Is 7-14 days before the medical/interview ok?

Yes, that should be OK.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Could someone kindly post what us K-1 folks should make sure our fiance brings with them from Colombia (paperwork-wise) in order to marry in the US or in order to provide USCIS later in the process, after marriage etc. I want to make sure she remembers to bring everything she could possibly need and if any translations, notaries, etc are needed that she gets them done in Colombia

Ie. Birth-Certificate, Baptism Certificate, police reports, medical, vaccination records, etc. Originals, copies, or notarized copies? Translated into English?

Check with your local courthouse to find out what she will need to get married, usually her passport is more than enough. If you're having a religious wedding then you will need to check with your church to find out what they need. For AOS she will need a copy of her birth certificate and a copy of the translation. If she wants to continue her studies here in the US I strongly recommend she gets transcripts from each school so they can be evaluated here in the US. This is the one thing my husband did not do and it has been a complete nightmare trying to get his universities to issue his transcripts, we're now at a point where the only way to get them is for him to go there in person.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

My fiancee is being stubborn on the vaccinations. Is there an exact list of what she needs. She had some vaccinations as a child and she wants to go by that because she has records. I don't know about that. Any opinions?

Timeline

Which DHL did you choose?

IR-1

Married: 12/29/2008

USCIS CSC

I-130 Sent : 11/05/2010

I-130 NOA1 :11/19/2010

I-130 NOA2 :05/20/2011

182 days - No RFE's

NVC

Received : 06/08/2011

DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 06/08/2011

Receive I-864 Package : 06/10/2011

Completed DS-3032 : 06/11/2011 (NVC received 06/16/2011)

Pay I-864 Bill : 06/23/2011

Pay IV Bill : 07/22/2011

Return Completed I-864 & IV : 07/25/2011

NVC received: 07/27/2011

NVC RFE: 08/09/11

NVC RFE sent/NVC Received: 08/10/2011--08/12/2011

False RFE for IV: 08/10/11

False RFE for previous RFE: 08/11/11 & 08/14/2011

NVC Reviewed IV: 08/11/2011

SIF and Case Complete : 08/19/2011

Interview Date Set: 09/30/2011

EMBASSY

Medical: 11/11/2011

Interview: 11/16/2011 *APPROVED*

Visa Received: 11/21/11 (arrived on 3rd business day)

POE: 12/02/2011

Welcome Letter & SSN Arrived: 12/12/11

2nd Welcome Letter & 10-year GC Arrived: 12/17/11

-Happily Ever After-

Timeline

Bring Multiple copies of the birth certificates, as many as she can... If she drives, there, and you plan for her to drive here in the USA, (I beleive you're from texas) then have her get a DL from there, or make sure it has at least 1 year left on the it, because she wont be able to get one here until she has her GC or EAD...

Shot Records, for the Civil Surgeon.. She'll need that to complete the AOS Package...

Her passport is obvious.. Make sure, she doesn't loose any of her docs as she comes through POE, sometimes in the excitemnt, stuff gets left behind.. Make sure she has her X-Ray from the Medical in Bogota...

That should cover it... If i think of anything else, I let you know..

Timeline

Thanks Kenny and Diana!!

Kenny- when you say bring the X-ray from the medical, do you mean the "actual X-ray" or the synopsis written by the x-ray technician? Just making sure I don't forget anything

Thanks

Timeline

Thanks Kenny and Diana!!

Kenny- when you say bring the X-ray from the medical, do you mean the "actual X-ray" or the synopsis written by the x-ray technician? Just making sure I don't forget anything

Thanks

No, the actual X-Ray... Sometimes the Civil Surgeon will request it.. Ours asked for it, but thankfully we had it...

Kenny

Timeline

Hey guys! How's everyone doing!!

Diana! Congrats on the U.S Citizenship! That is so awesome!!

I have a question: the person who signed our Affidavit of Support (Amour's grandmother) is very ill. She is about 90 and is in such bad shape right now that the doctors don't give her more than a few days.

Amour and I are wondering if we are gonna have to find someone else to sign another affidavit when/if she passes, or what's going to happen with that?

We appreciate your help, and any prayers as she is a very special person and it is a shame that she's so sick.

Hey guys! How's everyone doing!!

Diana! Congrats on the U.S Citizenship! That is so awesome!!

Ditto. Good for you, Diana! We're proud of you! :thumbs:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.