USColombia

Colombia Club Part III

443 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have to tell you something, that makes me shamefully feel like an idiot. I hope this doesn't matter at the interview time. I seen how some of you recommend updating the letter of intent for the interview. I opened up the file and I notice that the lawyer on the top of the letter had my address as the wrong state ( and correct in the main body), and when it stated my birthday it had the wrong day. I obviously was not paying attention when I signed that. I am surprised she got the petition.

Do you think this will be a problem at the interview? Or the waiver? The part I am wondering on is the birth date.

Timeline

I have to tell you something, that makes me shamefully feel like an idiot. I hope this doesn't matter at the interview time. I seen how some of you recommend updating the letter of intent for the interview. I opened up the file and I notice that the lawyer on the top of the letter had my address as the wrong state ( and correct in the main body), and when it stated my birthday it had the wrong day. I obviously was not paying attention when I signed that. I am surprised she got the petition.

Do you think this will be a problem at the interview? Or the waiver? The part I am wondering on is the birth date.

Why dont you re-do the letter? The lawyer is obviously a dumb @$$,,, Sounds like your lawyer could care less about the success of your immigration process..

Just redo the letter.. if you're in Bogota, go to a internet cafe and re-print it and have it ready at the interview...

Edited by kennym

Timeline

Why dont you re-do the letter? The lawyer is obviously a dumb @$$,,, Sounds like your lawyer could care less about the success of your immigration process..

Just redo the letter.. if you're in Bogota, go to a internet cafe and re-print it and have it ready at the interview...

So am I since I never noticed. My fiancee's I-129f was approved already. I am just wondering if the letter will matter when it comes to the interview time, since I can't take back what they already have.. I am giving my fiancee a corrected/updated letter for her interview.

Timeline

So am I since I never noticed.

The diference is; you're paying him not to make stupid mistakes...

I assume the info was correct on the G-325 and the other forms as well?? Definetly make the corrections on the LOI regardless...

Edited by kennym

Timeline

The diference is; you're paying him not to make stupid mistakes...

I assume the info was correct on the G-325 and the other forms as well?? Definetly make the corrections on the LOI regardless...

It is correct on everything else.

Does the letter of intent come in to play during the interview?

Timeline

:(, that is bad.

Why is it bad?

Is it the conflicting data that concerns you? If so, send a corrected LOI, and if the question comes up, be honest... jast tell them if asked, it was a mistake, the other forms show the correct data.. the point is of the letter of intent is to affirm your intent to marry within the 90 days...

Kenny

Edited by kennym

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

After reading in another thread that DOMESA was no longer used to send visas from Bogota I sent a quick email to the embassy and asked about the IR-1/CR-1s and what they need to do since the K-1s are selecting delivery points when they sign up for interviews online.. This is the response I received today:

Thank you for your inquiry.

We now provide free delivery of the approved visa to a DHL office of your choice. And, to save time on the day of the interview, we ask that you make delivery arrangements online before the interview day. To make these arrangements, please go to http://colombia.usvisa-info.com and create an account. Once you’ve created an account (make sure to use the passport number – it appears in red on the back of the front cover as well as perforated on the visa pages), you will then choose “Schedule Appointment”, then “Immigrant Visas” then “Family-Sponsored” then “Immigrant Scheduled by NVC” and then “immigrant Register for Courier – Family Sponsored. From there, you will pick the most convenient DHL location.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Bogota

I just signed in and tried it.. Seemed to work but I hope they have some sort of confirmation at the interview as the IR-1/CR-1 account setup and delivery scheduling does not seem to be connected to you actual appointment..

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

For those who are still waiting for approval and have no clue about the changes, the embassy has finally updated their website with the new instructions for packets 3 & 4. Forms DS-2100, DS-230 and the DAS certificate are no longer needed. Also, these instructions are only available in English, the Spanish version of the website still has the old packets 3 & 4.

Instructions Package English

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Why is it bad?

Is it the conflicting data that concerns you? If so, send a corrected LOI, and if the question comes up, be honest... jast tell them if asked, it was a mistake, the other forms show the correct data.. the point is of the letter of intent is to affirm your intent to marry within the 90 days...

Kenny

Kenny - I couldn't see spending upwards of $1,500.00 to have a K-1 filed incorrectly. UGH! :bonk:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Timeline

Kenny - I couldn't see spending upwards of $1,500.00 to have a K-1 filed incorrectly. UGH! :bonk:

It is a lot more than that since the fee I paid includes the cost of the lawyer handling the waiver. The bad thing I used one of the highly recommended lawyers on all of these immigration related forums. All we can do now is hope and pray, it is all we could do anyway. If the lawyer does the job right when it comes to the waiver, ok.... but I am still praying we don't need the waiver. This all takes so long!

My fiancee is livid! The lawyer has made other typos on forms that we did notice, of course those came later or I probably would have found the errors on that letter.

Timeline

I mailed in the AOS and the DS230 to the NVC. I apparently forgot to send the DS2100. Actually, I wrongly thought that it wasn't necessary because I thought the BOG embassy would receive the packet and logically set up the interview. Thought it was for people applying in the country via the consular filing etc...

So, what should I do? I sent in the DS 230 about two weeks ago. Should I wait to see that they are sending the packet to BOG and fax it there? how do I know they are reviewing the DS230 and sending the packet to BOG? Should I send it to the NVC--will they hold the packet until they receive it or give me a RFE? I am a bit worried, please let me know what you think I should do.

thanks, J

Timeline

For those who are still waiting for approval and have no clue about the changes, the embassy has finally updated their website with the new instructions for packets 3 & 4. Forms DS-2100, DS-230 and the DAS certificate are no longer needed. Also, these instructions are only available in English, the Spanish version of the website still has the old packets 3 & 4.

Instructions Package English

Diana

I personally am wondering if this new process will mess up the application for people who sent in the applications around the time my fiancee did. It was September 24th. I am wondering if she will be scheduled in the old style, or they are expecting the website to be used. December will come quick so it would not be good to sit here waiting for an interview date and find out we did not get scheduled.

Timeline

I mailed in the AOS and the DS230 to the NVC. I apparently forgot to send the DS2100. Actually, I wrongly thought that it wasn't necessary because I thought the BOG embassy would receive the packet and logically set up the interview. Thought it was for people applying in the country via the consular filing etc...

So, what should I do? I sent in the DS 230 about two weeks ago. Should I wait to see that they are sending the packet to BOG and fax it there? how do I know they are reviewing the DS230 and sending the packet to BOG? Should I send it to the NVC--will they hold the packet until they receive it or give me a RFE? I am a bit worried, please let me know what you think I should do.

thanks, J

The DS2100 was only for K-1, your profile indicates CR-1/IR-1. If you filed an I-130 and your case is closed at the NVC then they will schedule your appointment at some point (mine took 6 weeks after NVC close).. At least that's the way it was a few weeks ago.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.