itzzzchloe

The Packet 3 has not been received yet.

5 posts in this topic

Please Help! :)

It's been a month now since my boyfriend received a notification that NVC sent the package (with approved I-129F) to Manila US Embassy. I haven't receive yet a notification (or the packet3) from Manila US Embassy til this time. Yet, 4 days ago (June 18) my boyfriend (in the US) received a letter addressed to my name which is about the scheduling of appointment. I tried calling the embassy, its either very busy or rejecting my call. I also sent email already to follow up if their office has received the package from the NVC.

My question:

1.) I still have to wait for the notification from Manila Embassy before scheduling for an appointment, right? :)

2.) Does packet3 includes the form DS230, which i need to mail back to the embassy?

3.) Is packet3 be mailed thru DHL or Philippine Post?

4.) Any idea is the maximum time of waiting for the beneficiary to receive the notification?

Thank You very much. Waiting for answers. :)

http://www.tipsnplacetodate.com

http://www.educationcontinues.blogspot.com

http://www.greatfoodrecipe.blogspot.com

http://www.interestingplacestosee.blogspot.com

Follow me @itzzzchloe

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."

Author: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Hi Cloe, Cici here. Way back my time which was around 2-3 months ago, I didnt wait for any letter from USEM.

1. I call them everyday and many times in a day. You need to be patient to call them and ask if they schedule you for an appointment. Or if you want you can check the website and schedule appointment online if you cant stand trying to call them and wait in line. (with mine, i actually was able to memorize all the buttons and numbers for whichever you need on that hotline). I remembered talking to one of the representatives that they dont actually dont see your file in their system, they just uses the same interface as we do when we do it online, its just that they record your call and your email for reference and do the scheduling for you if you dont have a pc to do it by yourself. If something went wrong, funny part is, they want you to make your own inquiry for your concerns, they'll give you the email add instead of them doing it for you. I was really so eager to have my appointment be scheduled as soon as possible because you can only get at least 2-3 weeks early, most of the schedules are 1 month waiting. I cant wait to be with my hubby so i did every thing to make the timeline short.

2. Packet3, if i can remember, is just a letter informing you are eligible to schedule for an interview. and they'll give you a link to what to bring for you interview. I'll try to retrieve it for you. With mine, I told you, i didnt wait for this, somebody here in VJ gave me the link and i saw it, it is in pdf form. I am not sure if its DS 3025 you are referring but it is what the SLMCEC will give you after your medical examination.

3. I cant remember if its DHL.. but i am sure 2GO are the ones who deliver the passport with visa stamp

4. I finally receive my letter of eligibility few days before my interview date. (same goes with most of my batch mates here in VJ) good thing that I didnt wait for it before scheduling.

Edited by Jay & Cici

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please Help! :)

It's been a month now since my boyfriend received a notification that NVC sent the package (with approved I-129F) to Manila US Embassy. I haven't receive yet a notification (or the packet3) from Manila US Embassy til this time. Yet, 4 days ago (June 18) my boyfriend (in the US) received a letter addressed to my name which is about the scheduling of appointment. I tried calling the embassy, its either very busy or rejecting my call. I also sent email already to follow up if their office has received the package from the NVC.

My question:

1.) I still have to wait for the notification from Manila Embassy before scheduling for an appointment, right? :)

2.) Does packet3 includes the form DS230, which i need to mail back to the embassy?

4.) Any idea is the maximum time of waiting for the beneficiary to receive the notification?

Thank You very much. Waiting for answers. :)

Hi there. Below are my answers based from my experience. Hope it will help.

yes you would get a notification from them saying that they received your case and instructing you what to do.

What me and my fiance did to find out if they got our case is that we emailed them, I did not get a response right away. It was a couple of days after which I guess was when they finally received it and have it updated in their system, which was the same time when my fiance received a response too.

I scheduled an interview appointment, went for my medical, passed the interview and got here in the US without receiving the so-called packet 3 from the embassy. There's nothing for you to mail back to them also. You may as well visit the embassy's website to get the checklist of the documents you have to personally bring with you during the interview.

I printed out the interview appointment letter and the email I got from the embassy (the one stating that they got my case as what I've mentioned in my response to your question#1). These I showed when I went for my medical and interview.

Really don't have any idea about this one.

If you mean notification by email, you may refer to my timeline, but I've seen others timeline that they got theirs sooner than we did.

XoxoHannah

“Faith makes all things possible.... love makes all things easy.”

OUR VISA JOURNEY:

October 1, 2010 - He sent the 129F

October 7, 2010 – NOA 1

November 11, 2010 – touched

March 23, 2011 - NOA2

March 31, 2011 – NVC received

April 4, 2011 – NVC sent case to Manila

April 13, 2011 – US Embassy Manila received

April 28-29, 2011 – Medical at SLMEC

May 6, 2011- my interview - approved

May 13, 2011 - visa received

May 16, 2011- CFO

May 17, 2011 - left for US, POE Detroit

GJb1p8.png

K4uZp8.png

Guest fundoctor

No need to wait at all.. DO NOT wait for the embassy letter. It is essentially useless.

Here is exactly what we did in the last few weeks:

After you have your MNL case number ( which you can get from the NVC by calling them - you can find the usa phone number by searching these pages vj)

With the mnl case number, the fiance in the phils can pay the BPI interview fee now at BPi branch. Then you use the filipinas passport number as the rceipt for payment and you can go online to schedule the interview - you will need all the relevant data passport info etc...

http://cgifederal.force.com/

You must print out an appointment letter after you schedule online. Bring it to medical.

Then you can go ahead and do the medical at ST Lukes. Fill out the online registration ahead of time for the medical.

You can do your medical in advance of the interview - its ok they give you the passsport back after the medical.

Hope that helps... Also search for "after NOA2" it will help.

No need to wait at all.. DO NOT wait for the embassy letter. It is essentially useless.

Here is exactly what we did in the last few weeks:

After you have your MNL case number ( which you can get from the NVC by calling them - you can find the usa phone number by searching these pages vj)

With the mnl case number, the fiance in the phils can pay the BPI interview fee now at BPi branch. Then you use the filipinas passport number as the rceipt for payment and you can go online to schedule the interview - you will need all the relevant data passport info etc...

http://cgifederal.force.com/

You must print out an appointment letter after you schedule online. Bring it to medical.

Then you can go ahead and do the medical at ST Lukes. Fill out the online registration ahead of time for the medical.

You can do your medical in advance of the interview - its ok they give you the passsport back after the medical.

Hope that helps... Also search for "after NOA2" it will help.

I do agree on this. I didnt wait for anything for this just gonna impede things. When my hubby received the NOA2 in his mailbox, did some readings and 3-4 days after i called the NVC and right then they gave me my MNL case number, the next day i went to pay my visa fee. You have to call NVC in their office hours, might want to check that out. Then after a week counting when they gave you your case number, you can start trying to schedule appointment, you can do it online so you dont have to wait in line for someone to pick up your call.

Just one thing i remember, after my medical, SLMCEC never return my passport back to me. The next time i saw it was when it was delivered with my visa stamped :D

Edited by Jay & Cici

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.