raybradyuk

Application process times.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Im a UK citizen currently in the US on a B-1 visa. I have been here using this visa for approximately 4 months now visiting my partner.

We have a marriage licence and plan to get married fairly soon, we have been in talks with an immigration lawyer, he has advised that we can do this process while im under my first B-1 visa.

Filing under the forms I-130, I-485, I-765 and the I-131.

The approximate cost including all govenment fees and retaining the legal services to complete from begining to the end is approximately $4600.

Is this roughly what it should be costing?

How long on average is it until I can work?

I know time scales can vary upon the applicant and the state where the application is filed, but any help to determine a rough estimate would help greatly

Im living, applying and marrying in Virginia

I know this process is very scary and confusing when you first start looking at all the information and forms required. It is completely up to you if you want an attorney or not (i have read on here so many stories of attorneys giving wrong information and the process ends up taking twice as long for the couple) If you or your spouse can find a little extra time this site is absolutely wonderful and full of accurate information from so many others that have gone through this process and are very knowledgeable of the laws. It will take time for this process to finish, but if you do this without an attorney then at least you will be hands on and in control of the whole process from start to finish (and you'll save lots of money). I encourage you to take a little bit of time and read through the forums here before you make any final decision about an attorney. Good luck to you in whatever decision you choose.

Im a UK citizen currently in the US on a B-1 visa. I have been here using this visa for approximately 4 months now visiting my partner.

We have a marriage licence and plan to get married fairly soon, we have been in talks with an immigration lawyer, he has advised that we can do this process while im under my first B-1 visa.

Filing under the forms I-130, I-485, I-765 and the I-131.

The approximate cost including all govenment fees and retaining the legal services to complete from begining to the end is approximately $4600.

Is this roughly what it should be costing?

How long on average is it until I can work?

I know time scales can vary upon the applicant and the state where the application is filed, but any help to determine a rough estimate would help greatly

Im living, applying and marrying in Virginia

wara a koli rajouline adeem emra a

ROC JOURNEY

05.19.2012 MAILED ROC PACKET

05.21.2012 PACKET WAS RECEIVED BY USCIS

06.05.2012 Check cashed

05.21.2012 NOA1

06.21.2012 BIOMETRICS APPT.

12.20.2012 APPROVED

01.02.2013 GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

01.07.2012 10 YEAR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.