Cynthia C

Contacting Congressman

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

So I am mostly a lurker here but recently submitted a concurrent I485 for my husband to adjust status from an F-1. Well we did not apply for AP thinking that we wouldn't really need to leave the country and that they would process us within 3-4 months. Well... we submitted all documents in March, got an RFE in April but got his EAD in May. Now his mother is terribly ill and he really wants to go be with her or see her even for a couple of days. But we are in NYC and it seems that everything is overly delayed. I was hoping to be able to contact my congress representative. Now here is my question... well I looked up who my representative was and you know it... its Anthony Weiner (wonderful) so now I do not know who I am supposed to contact since he has resigned. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks

07/05/2008 Met at a concert

01/01/2009 We are engaged at midnight!!!

05/31/2009 I make the move to NYC and move in with him.

09/27/2009 Find out we are expecting!

11/25/2009 We are married!!

05/04/2010 Our beautiful baby girl is born!

03/17/2011 AOS package sent

03/18/2011 Package recieved signed by R. Mercado

03/22/2011 Email/Text NOA1

03/24/2011 Touched

03/31/2011 RFE for medical (Dr filled out expired form >:[

04/16/2011 RFE sent back

04/18/2011 NOA for RFE recieved form

04/15/2011 Biometrics Letter Recieved

04/18/2011 Walk In Biometrics unsucessful :( (Woodside NY)

05/16/2011 Biometrics

05/24/2011 Email approve EAD and card production

05/27/2011 EAD arrived

05/28/2011 Apply SSN

02/02/2011 Recieved SSN

waiting on interview :(

Try and contact a representative in one of the neighboring districts; they may point you to how to handle your request. Or perhaps they may also try to help you themselves. There is a lot of talk about re-districting the state so who knows representatives might be in helping out mood.

Another thing, you should post a question about expedited AP in the main forum. I read someone recently was in your situation. They didn’t apply for one, but had an emergency and got an info pass appointment and got an AP processed right away. Hopefully people can chime in about that and then you won’t really need help from a congressman.

07/27/11 - Green Card Interview - Approved
08/05/11 - Received Card!!!

07/09/2013 - Mailed ROC packet to VT SC

07/11/2013 - NOA1 date for ROC

08/13/13 - Bio appointment

Was out of town and had to reschedule BIO apt

I don't remember the exact dates, but it went something like this

Biometrics taken end of Sept

File moved from Vermont to California Center

Green Card Arrived in November

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.