Gus&Cole

Packet 3 and interview in Juarez

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Cole- I can't answer your questions about the interview because ours isnt for another 2 weeks but if you read the reviews in the consulate section theres a lot of people who wrote about their experiences with the whole process including the interview.

Once CDJ got our petition it didn't take very long for packet 3 to show up at my US address (I think it was like 2 weeks)-- it still hasn't come to us here on Isla lol.

Timeline

I have a couple questions! NVC sent my info to CDJ last Monday (June6th), when should I expect to hear from them? Also, how many questions are usually asked at the interview and what do they ask?

Regarding "packet 3", NVC sent our petition to Juarez on May 17. It arrived at Juarez on the 19. Our "packet 3" was postmarked June 6 and it arrived to my (petitioner's) USA address on June 10. So around 3 weeks from June 6. I'm guessing you should receive "packet 3" as early as this coming week.

Have you checked DHL to see when your petition was received at Juarez? Go to http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp

* Reference : EXP 06 JUN 2011A

* Date range for shipment - From: JUN - 05 - 2011

* Date range for shipment - To: JUN- 08- 2011

When I searched using the info above, DHL delivered a packet to Juarez on the 9th of June. The only thing is that I only found a packet sent out on the 7th, not the 6th... (see below)

Shipment delivered.

Signed by ULISES M

6/9/2011 10:12 am

6/7/2011

PORTSMOUTH, NH

JUAREZ, MEXICO

• 12.30.2010: I-129F sent
  • 01.05.2011: I-129F received & signed by Cates
  • 01.06.2011: NOA 1
  • 04.25.2011: NOA 2
    ~~~NOA1 to NOA2: 109 days~~~
  • 04.29.2011: NVC received
  • 05.16.2011: NVC left (I don't know why my packet was held at NVC for over 2 weeks)
  • 05.19.2011: Consulate received & signed by Jesus
  • 05.17.2011: Packet 3's date on letter (so it appears my letter was written before it was received at the Consulate...)
  • 06.06.2011: Packet 3 mailed to petitioner in CA
  • 06.10.2011: Packet 3 arrived a CA
  • 07.05.2011: Medical
  • 07.06.2011: ASC appointment
  • 07.07.2011: Interview

event.png

Timeline

Regarding "packet 3", NVC sent our petition to Juarez on May 17. It arrived at Juarez on the 19. Our "packet 3" was postmarked June 6 and it arrived to my (petitioner's) USA address on June 10. So around 3 weeks from June 6. I'm guessing you should receive "packet 3" as early as this coming week.

Have you checked DHL to see when your petition was received at Juarez? Go to http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp

* Reference : EXP 06 JUN 2011A

* Date range for shipment - From: JUN - 05 - 2011

* Date range for shipment - To: JUN- 08- 2011

When I searched using the info above, DHL delivered a packet to Juarez on the 9th of June. The only thing is that I only found a packet sent out on the 7th, not the 6th... (see below)

Shipment delivered.

Signed by ULISES M

6/9/2011 10:12 am

6/7/2011

PORTSMOUTH, NH

JUAREZ, MEXICO

Wow! Thank you so much. I didn't know there was a way to check that. How do I get a reference number? Is it in my NVC letter I got?

Timeline

Hey Cole- I can't answer your questions about the interview because ours isnt for another 2 weeks but if you read the reviews in the consulate section theres a lot of people who wrote about their experiences with the whole process including the interview.

Once CDJ got our petition it didn't take very long for packet 3 to show up at my US address (I think it was like 2 weeks)-- it still hasn't come to us here on Isla lol.

I can't believe its your interview already!! How do you feel? Are you nervous? I'm so scared! I'm also so confused on what the hell to do before the interview, I'm confused on which forms to give my fiance. I won't see him but my sister will so I need to have it all ready in the next 2 weeks for her to bring back to Cancun with her. Hahaha I figured it wouldn't arrive to Isla, or anywhere there!

Timeline

I can't believe its your interview already!! How do you feel? Are you nervous? I'm so scared! I'm also so confused on what the hell to do before the interview, I'm confused on which forms to give my fiance. I won't see him but my sister will so I need to have it all ready in the next 2 weeks for her to bring back to Cancun with her. Hahaha I figured it wouldn't arrive to Isla, or anywhere there!

I'm nervous!! and so is Em but the more I read about things, the calmer I feel and I make him read the consulate reviews since he's the one whos going to have to go through the whole thing lol.. If you go to http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html it has the list of the forms that you need and this http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html has the instructions for everything, and what you will need to do and bring with you for the interview and medical.

Just so you know, the english version is wrong because it says that you need to fill out a DS-160, the spanish version is right when it says you need the DS-260. I was so confused about that, but others who have already had their interview have confirmed we do NOT need the DS-160, we DO need the DS-260...

There actually aren't that many forms that we need, for us it was getting all the proof of engagement stuff together that was hard.. and the fact that we're using a co-sponsor because we had to have them Fedex some stuff to us. But I think we're almost done getting things all together! I can't believe we're almost done with all of this-- and you guys too! So exciting :)

Timeline

How do I get a reference number? Is it in my NVC letter I got?

I read from another thread that it's: EXP ## MONth(day & the first 3 letters of month NVC sent your petition to Juarez) 2011A. So since NVC told you they shipped it June 6, your reference # is EXP 06 JUN 2011A. You just have to go through all the petitions sent from NVC that day and search for a Juarez one.

No, the number you got on your NVC letter is your case number.

ALSO, CALL NVC and ask for:

1. Beneficiary number

2. invoice number

*you will need these #s (along with the CDJ############ on you NVC letter) to fill in form DS-260.

Edited by Alejandra y Mario
  • 05.16.2011: NVC left (I don't know why my packet was held at NVC for over 2 weeks)
  • 05.17.2011: Packet 3's date on letter (so it appears my letter was written before it was received at the Consulate...)

event.png

Timeline

...I'm confused on which forms to give my fiance...

Well, this is what I have gathered for my fiance. I made 2 extra copies of everything just because I'm scared something will get missed placed. My binder is a very packed 1.5 inch binder. It weighs almost 6lbs! (I'm thinking I might only take 1 extra copy instead of 2)

1. “Packet 3” (Invitation): the one Juarez will sent you (it's just a single sheet of paper saying to go online.

2. Appointment Confirmation E-mail: go to http://mexico.usvisa-info.com/en-MX/selfservice/login to set up 1.consular interview and 2.ASC and PRINT the email sent after you're done. MAKE SURE YOU TYPE HIS PASSPORT # CORRECTLY!

3. Beneficiary’s passport (original & 1 copy)

4. 2 DS-260 Confirmation Forms

5. MRV $350 Receipt Fee: same website as http://mexico.usvisa-info.com/en-MX/selfservice/login

6. 2 DS-156 Forms

7. 2 DS-156K Forms

8. 2 2x2inch USA passport type picture of beneficiary ( I had my fiance email me his picture and I used http://www.epassportphoto.com/ to make 5 prints...I printed the sheet (with 5 pictures you cut out) from Costco for 13cents)

9. Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate (original & copy)

10. Antecedentes no penales (original & copy)

11. Beneficiary’s Intent to Marry Letter (2 originals)

12. Petitioner’s Intent to Marry Letter (2 originals)

13. Itineraries and Ticket Stubs: to show that we con't to see eachother

14. Skype Records

15. Text Messages

16. Pictures: Write notes behind each picture...date, location, ppl in picture

17. I-134 Forms “Affidavit of Support”

18. Employment Verification Letter

19. Pay Stubs

20. Tax Return 2010 (original & 1 copy), 2009, & 2008

21. Bank Letter

22. Petitioner’s Birth Certificate (original & copy)

23. Petitioner’s Passport (original & 1 copy)

I also included the I-129F packet I sent USCIS and NOA 1, NOA 2, and NVC letter...just in case...

Edited by Alejandra y Mario

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.