tripod

help pls: can i request to expedite the expedited passport???

15 posts in this topic

i didn't expected that my noa2 will come this soon just almost 3months of waiting..so i just applied my passport the other day and i received my noa2 just yesterday :blink: .. worst is i will be getting my passport after 40 days (since they are upgrading their machines to e-passport thats why it will take awhile to get it) My question is, is it enough to show my noa2 to them? im planning to go to the local then to the main dfa if i requested to expedite.. its already expedited but i need my passport asap coz nvc needs a photocopy of the biographic data of myself, we can't complete the nvc process without it.. so i'm calling anyone who experienced this kind of situation.. i just need a good advice sir and ma'am! thank you so much!:) :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i didn't expected that my noa2 will come this soon just almost 3months of waiting..so i just applied my passport the other day and i received my noa2 just yesterday :blink: .. worst is i will be getting my passport after 40 days (since they are upgrading their machines to e-passport thats why it will take awhile to get it) My question is, is it enough to show my noa2 to them? im planning to go to the local then to the main dfa if i requested to expedite.. its already expedited but i need my passport asap coz nvc needs a photocopy of the biographic data of myself, we can't complete the nvc process without it.. so i'm calling anyone who experienced this kind of situation.. i just need a good advice sir and ma'am! thank you so much!:) :)

I thought DFA said that rush processing only takes 15 days... :unsure: Matagal na yan nag umpisa yang e-passports... Just give ur local DFA a call and tell them about your concern.

Congratulations sa I-129F approval! :)

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Speak to the DFA office in your area, tell them your situation and explain and show them paperworks why it's extremely important to get your passport soonest. Get the email also of the RCO director in your area and email him or her explaining your situation. This was what I did but with the horrible delay my daughter's passport was released 2 months after I applied in March even when I paid for expedited processing.

Good Luck!!

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

You can try this number 834-4000 local 2228. This is what I called to expedite my expedited passport, still, it took them 9 weeks to deliver.

Where did you apply for your passport?

Edited by len ben

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have plenty of time. Your case still have to go to NVC then to embassy. Then you pay your scheduling fee, then you schedule your interview. It will be at least another 3 to 4 weeks before you have a case number and can schedule with the embassy. Depending on the embassy, it may be 3 weeks to 11 weeks for scheduling interview. So you are looking at least 6 weeks if not longer before embassy interview. Jsut releax. All it means is you are past the first hurdle..... still many more to go.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

FYI, OP is on a CR1 petition and not a k1

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

You can try this number 834-4000 local 2228. This is what I called to expedite my expedited passport, still, it took them 9 weeks to deliver.

Where did you apply for your passport?

thank u for the number yes i will give them a call asap.. nahihiya kasi ako tumawag to think na last wed lang ako nag apply tapos dumating noa2 ko the following day :)

You have plenty of time. Your case still have to go to NVC then to embassy. Then you pay your scheduling fee, then you schedule your interview. It will be at least another 3 to 4 weeks before you have a case number and can schedule with the embassy. Depending on the embassy, it may be 3 weeks to 11 weeks for scheduling interview. So you are looking at least 6 weeks if not longer before embassy interview. Jsut releax. All it means is you are past the first hurdle..... still many more to go.

i know what u mean, its too early to worry to think that i'm cr1 i just wanna be ready sir:) and also before i get a schedule to my interview i need to send a packet to my husband all the requirements and that includes a photocopy of my passport.. :)

I thought DFA said that rush processing only takes 15 days... :unsure: Matagal na yan nag umpisa yang e-passports... Just give ur local DFA a call and tell them about your concern.

Congratulations sa I-129F approval! :)

t

thank you yes the solution is call them instead of sitting here doing nothing and wait til 40 days lol :D

Speak to the DFA office in your area, tell them your situation and explain and show them paperworks why it's extremely important to get your passport soonest. Get the email also of the RCO director in your area and email him or her explaining your situation. This was what I did but with the horrible delay my daughter's passport was released 2 months after I applied in March even when I paid for expedited processing.

Good Luck!!

40 days is way too long to wait right i need to do something.. thank u so much for the info :))

t

thank you yes the solution is call them instead of sitting here doing nothing and wait til 40 days lol :D

Follow up mo na sa monday. I applied for mine March 9, then set to be released April 26, pero syempre hindi nasunod yun. tumawag ako after a week kasi nag worry na ko and they told me, ang processing kasi is 40 WORKING DAYS NA, meaning it's almost 2 months, eh kung may holiday pa, pwedeng lalo siyang magtagal. I finally received my passport May 26. So almost 3 months in the making.. :blink:

Sa Local office ng DFA, sa Lucena kasi ako nag-apply para wala nang hintayan. At least naka-apply na ko hintay na lang ng passport. After ko tumawag sa local office, sabi nila gagawan nila ng paraan, after 10 working days ok na, for delivery na passport ko.

Sa Local office ng DFA, sa Lucena kasi ako nag-apply para wala nang hintayan. At least naka-apply na ko hintay na lang ng passport. After ko tumawag sa local office, sabi nila gagawan nila ng paraan, after 10 working days ok na, for delivery na passport ko.

wow grabe samin 40 working days sa probinsiya na yan di pa sa main, kainis.. so kaka apply mo lang din pala sis, ilang araw supposed to be ka mag aantay sa release ng sayo?.. i will really give it a try to call nextweek.. salamat ng marami.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

FYI, OP is on a CR1 petition and not a k1

Oic.. Didn't notice.

To OP: Congratz on the I-130 approval! :D

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

wow grabe samin 40 working days sa probinsiya na yan di pa sa main, kainis.. so kaka apply mo lang din pala sis, ilang araw supposed to be ka mag aantay sa release ng sayo?.. i will really give it a try to call nextweek.. salamat ng marami.

Dapat 35 dyas lang yun kasi march pa lang nun eh. hindi pa sira ung machine na gumagawa ng e-passport sa DFA. Nasira un second week ng march.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=666152&publicationSubCategoryId=200

tapos lahat halos ng mga gagawan ng passport after that date, delayed ng lahat, unless may kakilala ka sa dfa pwede expedite talaga, even sa travel agency, wala ng rush ngayon.

As of June 9, heto ulit, meron na namang sira:

http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/public-advisory/3158-dfa-office-of-consular-affairs-advisory-on-passport-release

kaya call mo na sila, ipakita mo ung NOA mo sa kanila, baka sakaling makatulong, ako kasi, bait-baitan ako nung tumawag, sabi ko need ko na po talaga, papa medical po ako, keme-keme, kaya after a week nasa akin na. 2 days handling ng LBC for delivery.. os parang 10 days din after ako huling nag-follow up tsaka ko nakuha. :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.