sethmichael22

Number to call?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We sent in our packet 3 to Montreal 10 days ago....what is the number we need to call to see if they have received and see if we can set up an interview???!

have been looking through the Canadian forum threads but have not stumbled onto that phone number yet.....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

We sent in our packet 3 to Montreal 10 days ago....what is the number we need to call to see if they have received and see if we can set up an interview???!

have been looking through the Canadian forum threads but have not stumbled onto that phone number yet.....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You'll want to call DOS: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Timeline

ok, excellent, thanks!

soooo good news, they said they received our packet 3 and that as of June 13, packet 4 was logged as sent!!

Are we now able to go ahead and book our interview online? The woman I spoke to at DOS said she was not able to see anything in terms of details for the interview date....she told me Montreal is part of some sort of pilot program for doing interviews or something?

If so, am I booking it through the site we used to register for the courier service?

Why the heck is this stuff so confusing?! :)

Yup, if P4 has been logged and sent you can log into the CSC site and book the interview.

Good luck!

K1:

AOS:

ROC:

Timeline

alright, logged in...and see that the next available interview is in 102 days?!?!?!

Is there a way to schedule something for the soonest possible date and then if an earlier date opens up, to be able to call and re-schedule for something earlier?

100 days is another 3 flippin months!

Timeline

other question on this...people have told us you can pay the $350 fee for the interview when you actually arrive there at the interview...as I am going through on the CSC site, it is telling me I NEED to pay now by credit card.....any suggestions?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

alright, logged in...and see that the next available interview is in 102 days?!?!?!

Is there a way to schedule something for the soonest possible date and then if an earlier date opens up, to be able to call and re-schedule for something earlier?

100 days is another 3 flippin months!

After you book an interview online you're able to re-schedule it any time on the website- no need to call anyone. It's easy to re-schedule, so as soon as a date opens up I recommend you grab it, even if it's in 102 days. Then once it's booked, keep checking the website every day and cross your fingers. It's not uncommon for earlier interview dates to spontaneously appear. By the way, Montreal is very slow- my interview date was 3 months from the day I booked it, and I haven't been lucky enough to grab something earlier. Unfortunately it's something we have to suffer through together :/

You can either pay on the CSC website (I did) or in person. If you pay for it on the website just make sure to keep the confirmation email and print it out. Although I am unsure, I believe that paying for it in person may slow it down (plus it has to be in american cash- I don't think they accept debit or credit). There IS a way to skip the payment on the website if you can't do it online, although I'm not exactly sure how.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There IS a way to skip the payment on the website if you can't do it online, although I'm not exactly sure how.

To skip the online pay simply select "Permanent Immigrant : Ready to Schedule" option instead of "Permanent Immigrant : K1" in the menu. It is an extra lineup once you get to the consulate. It took me an extra 20 minutes because I didn't pay online, the employee bugged the cash register and they had to call a supervisor. I would recommend paying online. You're out faster and it's one less thing to worry about.

If you do choose to pay at the consulate, it's $350 USD.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

OK, so CRAZY story....and please don't be mad VJer's, but I had to share with you because we are just beside ourselves.....Last night when we logged into the CSC site, wait time for an interview was 102 days....the thought of another 3 months was ridiculous....logged in this morning and they had an interview available within 24 DAYS!!!

Interview is set for Monday, July 11 @ 8:30.....super pumped people!!!

OK, so CRAZY story....and please don't be mad VJer's, but I had to share with you because we are just beside ourselves.....Last night when we logged into the CSC site, wait time for an interview was 102 days....the thought of another 3 months was ridiculous....logged in this morning and they had an interview available within 24 DAYS!!!

Interview is set for Monday, July 11 @ 8:30.....super pumped people!!!

Well, that's awesome! Congrats! Did you end up paying or are you waiting to pay at the interview?

K1:

AOS:

ROC:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We decided to wait to pay AT the interview....needed to save up the cash for that in addition to all the other stuff! It's exciting though :)

Any ideas what we're looking at for cost this time for leading up to the interview and the interview itself?

-money for the medical

-$350 for the interview itself

what other fees do we have coming??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

medical is around 215$ or more depending on where you go and how many shots you need.

You need 3 passport photos for the medical and 2 passport photos for the interview.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.