seattlerain

Additional Processing

31 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm in Vietnam. We submitted the document in the Blue paper. We waited for an hour, and they give us another Blue "additional processing". This is the second Blue. The Consular officer didn't even come out to talk to us. It was a Vietnamese lady and she didn't want to say much even though I asked her to meet the Consular Officer. She told me that I have to wait for 6 months. She says I can speak to an consular officer Tuesday or Wednesday from 4 to 5. I asked her whether it will be the same consular who interviewed my fiancee or someone else. She said that it can be any consular officer.

I feel like that some people made it easy passing it, for me this is a lot of headache. My fiancee answered all questions correctly, tons of visits, big engagement, tons of evidences ...still

I'm suppose to leave Vietnam this Sunday. Will it make any different or even better if I talk to the consular officer? I'm debating whether to leave Vietnam this Sunday or delay my flight to talk to the consular officer.

1st email, May 19, 2009

1st visit, first face to face, June 17, 2009

2nd visit, December 24, 2009

3rd visit, engaged in Vietnam, June 6, 2010

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

4th visit,December 26, 2010

INTERVIEWED May 21, 2011 --> RE: Additional documents

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

6th visit, I went to the Consulate on December 28, 2011

Got back to the US and asked Congressman for help.

March 10, Asked Senators for help.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

End of March, Phone call from Consulate at 11:30PM.

April 13 (or so) received letter asked to update medical and police report

Received VISA April 28, 2012

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Was it submitted on the date on the slip? if prior to the date the CO may have not been there.. if it was the date of the slip the CO may have not been there too...

When we got put into AP, I went the next time there was a USC hour... The person I talked to(not the CO for my case) was not able to do anything that I could not do over the phone talking to a DoS rep other than that she would accept anything that I submitted... She looked at the screen and said the case had to undergo additional processing.. what does that mean.. she had no clue.. nothing specific in the computer... it could be that they want to take extra time doing a fraud investigation on your SO and or you... could be that the paperwork was just not looked at yet as the CO may not have been there... Given the things the asked for it seems they are looking at you and your family for some reason...

AP is not uncommon.. 9% of HCMC VJ members got AP in the last year and a half... only one case was denied in AP since the start of last year... it seems to be hit or miss on how long the case is in AP.. Be prepared for the long haul although it may be done in a few months.

When you get back here contact your congressional rep and they can start making inquiries for you.. The consulate will likely just give them a canned response but in most cases thats more than the USC gets...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Thanks.

We submitted on the day it was written in the Blue paper. They gave us another Blue and the CO signature matches with the original CO that interviewed my fiancee. She just didn't come out to see us.

The 1st Blue asked us too much info. The documents (residency for both, time line, relative in the US, parent birth certs ) were a lot b/c she has so many relatives in the US. We submitted everything they requested. It is possible that she didn't have time to look at all the papers when we submitted the documents. I'm hoping..

1st email, May 19, 2009

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

Filed: Timeline

Thanks.

We submitted on the day it was written in the Blue paper. They gave us another Blue and the CO signature matches with the original CO that interviewed my fiancee. She just didn't come out to see us.

The 1st Blue asked us too much info. The documents (residency for both, time line, relative in the US, parent birth certs ) were a lot b/c she has so many relatives in the US. We submitted everything they requested. It is possible that she didn't have time to look at all the papers when we submitted the documents. I'm hoping..

Sorry to hear that you are in ap, i hope that it will not be too long.

BTW, just curious, did id they ask for birth certificate for your fiancee parents , or for your parents, or for both?

Timeline

Thanks.

Stay positive... dont be surprised when you ask questions and there are little or no answers from the CO/consulate... it all boils down to the fact that when they are done, they are done and there is no speeding things up... it depends on, to what depth they want to check the documents or investigate the relationship... pray you dont have to wait as long as Frank or even Us, a recent AP case was approved faster than we expected so there is hope for it not taking too long,

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

hey scott,

have fun on your trip to vietnam tomorrow. say hi to bac ho for me :devil:

:thumbs:

ho_chi_minh.jpg

Timeline

X 2 have a good trip Scott. i hear it's pretty hot right now there.

be safe . :thumbs:

temp is higher here but there is no BS with china in Fla..

Sorry didnt mean to hijack...:ot2:

Edited by ScottThuy

CO originally asked for my fiancee parents & my parents birth certs. My fiancee cried a lot when we got into AP...

1st email, May 19, 2009

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

Timeline

same surname for you and her?

same surname for you and her?

We have different surnames. There are two red flags. One of them is my fiance failed a Student Visa interview more than 2 years ago. She didn't know me back then. During the interview the CO asked whether my fiancee "said" she had relative in the US during her Student Visa interview. My fiance said "yes". In reality, the Student Visa CO asked whom will my fiancee live when she arrive in the US on student Visa. This is simply understood that if she is going to live with her relatives, then of course she has relative in the US. The CO did not ask whether she has relative during her Student Visa interview. The second flag is she has so many relatives in the US which can make the CO think my fiance will live with her relatives in the US and not with me. This is just BS b/c we are legit and I don't have time to do a fake marriage with more than 2 years worth of relationship. I have a good job and with good salary.

I was never married. She was never married. She is only slightly younger than I am.

It has been a burden on my fiancee and I. She cries every single time I talk to her over the phone. All she wanted is to be with me. Worst case, I will have to live in Vietnam.

I just wish the consulate charge higher fee for immigrant VISA and use that fee to search for fraud after the couples live in America. Harsh punishment for fraud if caught after living in the US.

1st email, May 19, 2009

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

We have different surnames. There are two red flags. One of them is my fiance failed a Student Visa interview more than 2 years ago. She didn't know me back then. During the interview the CO asked whether my fiancee "said" she had relative in the US during her Student Visa interview. My fiance said "yes". In reality, the Student Visa CO asked whom will my fiancee live when she arrive in the US on student Visa. This is simply understood that if she is going to live with her relatives, then of course she has relative in the US. The CO did not ask whether she has relative during her Student Visa interview. The second flag is she has so many relatives in the US which can make the CO think my fiance will live with her relatives in the US and not with me. This is just BS b/c we are legit and I don't have time to do a fake marriage with more than 2 years worth of relationship. I have a good job and with good salary.

I was never married. She was never married. She is only slightly younger than I am.

It has been a burden on my fiancee and I. She cries every single time I talk to her over the phone. All she wanted is to be with me. Worst case, I will have to live in Vietnam.

I just wish the consulate charge higher fee for immigrant VISA and use that fee to search for fraud after the couples live in America. Harsh punishment for fraud if caught after living in the US.

Sorry for your problems...let us know how it goes. I feel the same way and I haven't got as far as you yet...it's ridiculous how much trobule we have to go through even if we are legit or not...

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.