juliog123

PENDING INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I CALLED NVC ON THE 31ST OF MAY AND WE WERE TOLD THAT OUR CASE HAD BEEN COMPLETED. THE NVC REPRESENTATIVE WENT ON TO EXPLAIN THAT DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF INTERVIEWS ASSIGNED ON THE MONTH OF JUNE, THAT WE NEEDED TO CALL ON BACK ON JUNE 15TH TO SEE IF THEY COULD ASSIGNED AN APPOINTMENT FOR ME TO CIUDAD JUAREZ. I'M WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS BEEN EXPERIENCING THE SAME, IF SO APPROXIMATELY HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR AN INTERVIEW TO SET UP AFTER BOTH THE I-864 AND DS-260 WERE COMPLETED? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR RESPONDING.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I CALLED NVC ON THE 31ST OF MAY AND WE WERE TOLD THAT OUR CASE HAD BEEN COMPLETED. THE NVC REPRESENTATIVE WENT ON TO EXPLAIN THAT DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF INTERVIEWS ASSIGNED ON THE MONTH OF JUNE, THAT WE NEEDED TO CALL ON BACK ON JUNE 15TH TO SEE IF THEY COULD ASSIGNED AN APPOINTMENT FOR ME TO CIUDAD JUAREZ. I'M WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS BEEN EXPERIENCING THE SAME, IF SO APPROXIMATELY HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR AN INTERVIEW TO SET UP AFTER BOTH THE I-864 AND DS-260 WERE COMPLETED? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR RESPONDING.....

I called and made my appointment last night. As of yesterday evening, the date they had available are: June 27, 28th, 29th, then June 5th-28th except for Saturdays and Sundays. You should be fine. We could have booked a ticket for only 2 weeks from now but we need just a little more time to get a few things together so we reserved July 14th.

07.24.09 Met in Mexico.

03.18.10 Began dating via internet.

07.10.10 Arrived in Mexico, 2nd trip.

12.16.10 Returned home to US. Last time I've seen him :(

12.20.10 I-129f sent to Dallas.

12.28.10 I-129f received.

12.30.10 NOA1

05.04.11 NOA2

05.07.11 Received hardcopy NOA2 in the mail.

05.31.11 NVC receive.

06.02.11 NVC sent.

06.02.11 Consulate Received.

06.13.11 Packet 3 Received.

06.13.11 Packet 3 Sent. (i.e. submitting DS-260 and filling out and printing DS-156 and DS-156K)

06.14.11 Scheduled ASC and interview.

07.10.11 Departure to Mexico City.

07.11.11 Mexico City to Juárez.

07.12.11 Medical

07.13.11 ASC appointment

07.14.11 INTERVIEW! and APPROVED!! :)

07.21.11 Visa in Transit.

07.22.11 Visa Ready to be Picked Up @ DHL.

07.23.11 Picked up visa @ DHL.

07.23.11 Crossed border to El Paso.

07.24.11 Flight to Boston and FINALLY IN MY ARMS AGAIN!!! Thank you Lord!

09.17.11 Married!

09.27.11 Sent in papers for AOS

02.13.12 Received RFE

Timeline

Hi Julio I saw your post and you know I´m in the same status as you are, I received an email biy the NVC on April 7 2011 telling me that all documents for my wife´s case were complete and that I just needed to wait for the interview, and today is June 22 and there´s no sign of an interview I called the NVC and they told me the same thing your case is complete wait approximately 8 weeks for an interview so I waited for 8 weeks and nothing appears right now it´s been like 10 weeks and I haven´t received nothing, I´m kind of getting desperate, today I called Juarez consulate to see what happened and they told me that I just need to wait because they don´t have assigned a date for the interview, and for me I think it´s been a long time of waiting I don´t know if in this time of the year they have a lot of cases or what´s happening. I would like to hear your opinion. Thanks.

Timeline

Hi Julio I saw your post and you know I´m in the same status as you are, I received an email biy the NVC on April 7 2011 telling me that all documents for my wife´s case were complete and that I just needed to wait for the interview, and today is June 22 and there´s no sign of an interview I called the NVC and they told me the same thing your case is complete wait approximately 8 weeks for an interview so I waited for 8 weeks and nothing appears right now it´s been like 10 weeks and I haven´t received nothing, I´m kind of getting desperate, today I called Juarez consulate to see what happened and they told me that I just need to wait because they don´t have assigned a date for the interview, and for me I think it´s been a long time of waiting I don´t know if in this time of the year they have a lot of cases or what´s happening. I would like to hear your opinion. Thanks.

Hi, I hope I can contribute here, there are two different appointments needed, at least for a CR1/IR1 visa, there is the one that the NVC will assign at the US consulate after case is closed at NVC, then there is another one that in Mexico's case you need to call the consulate and schedule your self, and this one is for the Bio-metrics (fingerprints). in our case IR-1 Visa we got case closed June 7th and got an interview date for July 14th. I need to mention that i got an electronic processing case, apparently all cases at CD Juarez embassy are now been handled electronically, i assume this has an impact in the timeline of everything.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My husband's case was also completed at NVC on May 31st. I was told that there were no interview dates for June, and then again was told a week later that July was also full. The following week on Monday, I called to check the case status and was told that an appointment was scheduled for August 2nd. Just keep calling and ask for case status. It will happen for you.

Good luck and God bless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.