sethu_nat400

N-400 JUNE 2011 FILERS

870 posts in this topic

Thank you :star:

[quote name='v333k' timestamp='1319379017' post='4968101'

I was nervous myself, but there is really nothing to be nervous about. IOs seemed to be nice across the board, and they realize that we can be nervous. Just review your application and make sure you remember everything on it. Bring with you some bag with a lot of documents in it - I think when they see that, they feel that you are prepared and skip over asking for evidence.. If they originally planned to ask. For me, it was such a relief knowing what to expect (civics exam, reading, writing, application review, then see him sign the papers).

You can't help being nervous but relax and focus on the civics. For me, when I answered the first question, I relaxed a lot since I realized that I know the answers.

One last advice - don't be afraid to ask questions especially regarding the oath...

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Good Morning... Tomorrow is our interview @ 8:20am( self & 18 year old Daughter). I'm nervous.

There is nothing to be nervous at all. I was interviewed at the same field office and everthing went well. Truly, it is an exam that hard to be failed unless someone has any background issue..Wish you all the best!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received the oath letter today. November 9th is now confirmed @ 7am Houston downtown. kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

That's really soon. I can't wait to see you on the Passport Filers Threadkicking.gif

Good Morning... Tomorrow is our interview @ 8:20am( self & 18 year old Daughter). I'm nervous.

Good luck on your interview. Don't be nervous. Really, just calm down so you can hear the questions clearlybiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Report back to us after your interviewgood.gif

Good morning tomorrow is my interview to :unsure: any advice???.

Good luck on your interview. I don't really have any advice. The hardest part really is just waiting for your name to be calledyes.gifgood.gif

IV IR-5 Timeline for Parents

USCIS

08/02/2016 - sent I-130 application for my parents via USPS Priority Mail

08/05/2016 - Priority Date

08/08/2016 - NOA1s Notice date

08/09/2016 - NOA1s text message and email received

08/10/2016 - money orders: cashed

08/13/2016 - received NOA1s in the mail

08/24/2016 - touched

12/27/2016 - Cases Approved! (148 days or 4 months and 26 days total)

---

NVC

01/12/2017 - NVC Welcome Letters Received (Case Number + Invoice Number)

01/13/2017 - Completed DS-261

01/25/2017 - Received IV Fee

01/26/2017 - Paid AOS fee

01/30/2017 - Paid IV Fees

02/03/2017 - Completed IV and AR Application

02/23/2017 - sent NVC packets via USPS Priority Mail (note: I have to wait for my mom's police certificate, so there was a bit of a delay before I can send the package)

02/27/2017 - packets received at 11:30 am signed by N Visa Center

03/01/2017 - Scan Date

05/06/2017 - Case Completed

05/12/2017 - NVC scheduled the interview!

06/02/2017 - Medical (06/14 to 06/15 - Dad's Sputum Test)

06/16/2017 - Mom's Interview Date (Approved!)

That's really soon. I can't wait to see you on the Passport Filers Threadkicking.gif

yes, I know... I can't wait blush.gif

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

I was nervous myself, but there is really nothing to be nervous about. IOs seemed to be nice across the board, and they realize that we can be nervous. Just review your application and make sure you remember everything on it. Bring with you some bag with a lot of documents in it - I think when they see that, they feel that you are prepared and skip over asking for evidence.. If they originally planned to ask. For me, it was such a relief knowing what to expect (civics exam, reading, writing, application review, then see him sign the papers).

You can't help being nervous but relax and focus on the civics. For me, when I answered the first question, I relaxed a lot since I realized that I know the answers.

One last advice - don't be afraid to ask questions especially regarding the oath...

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU!!!

Thank you! I'm heading out shortly to pick up my Daughter from her University then heading over to the Philly Office. I will post when I return home. At this point I'm most nervous about the drive... I really don't like driving into the city.

good luck designer and la vida es bella!!!

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Hi every body the interview lasted 15-20 min and it was very easy. The officer I interacted with was very professional and courteous... She asked me personal questions when I made an inquiry about the process... but ...........:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: She handed me a N-652,NATURALIZATION INTERVIEW RESULTS :

==> You passed the tests of English and U.S history and government.

B) A decision cannot yet be made about your application.:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Does anyone has any idea about this or do I need patiently for 120days?

thanks so much :help::wacko:

Hi every body the interview lasted 15-20 min and it was very easy. The officer I interacted with was very professional and courteous... She asked me personal questions when I made an inquiry about the process... but ...........:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: She handed me a N-652,NATURALIZATION INTERVIEW RESULTS :

==> You passed the tests of English and U.S history and government.

B) A decision cannot yet be made about your application.:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Does anyone has any idea about this or do I need patiently for 120days?

thanks so much :help::wacko:

Sorry to hear that!!! However, it is not bad news. When is your 3rd year anniversary?

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Was in june 9 2011 :unsure:

Aside from the 3rd year anniversary, the only other reason I know of is a randomly selected application that would require a managers approval. As long as you passed the civics, there is nothing to be concerned about. I think it is a formality, inconvenient I may add, but I doubt they will require 120 days to approve your application. Your online status should update with decision made and then oath queue, then oath scheduled.

Hope you get faster responses and updates than you expect!

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Aside from the 3rd year anniversary, the only other reason I know of is a randomly selected application that would require a managers approval. As long as you passed the civics, there is nothing to be concerned about. I think it is a formality, inconvenient I may add, but I doubt they will require 120 days to approve your application. Your online status should update with decision made and then oath queue, then oath scheduled.

Hope you get faster responses and updates than you expect!

Im really sad but she told me that Im not have to wait 120 days ,she said in 1 o 2 weeks I will know something :unsure:.

Thank you

Claudia

Im really sad but she told me that Im not have to wait 120 days ,she said in 1 o 2 weeks I will know something :unsure:.

Thank you

Claudia

I'm really sorry that you were not approved on the spot. Congrats on passing the test and interview :) I hope you hear something very very soon.

Hi Everyone...

We arrived at the Philly INS office at 7:55, cleared security and up to the 2nd floor by 8am. The receptionist took our Interview notice and advised us where to go.. Daughter was to be interviewed on the 2nd floor, I made my way up to the 3rd floor where my Interview Officer was waiting for me. He was very very pleasant. The interviewer went over the information on the application - travel dates needed to be updated for recent travel and then onto the interview questions.

1. What did the Declaration of Independence do?

2. If both the President and the VP cannot serve, who becomes President?

3.. What is the Supreme law of the land?

4. How many amendments to the Constitution?

5. We elect a US representative for how many years?

6. How many Justices on the Supreme Court?

He approved my application and invited me to participate in the Oath Ceremony Friday Oct 28th at 2pm. He was willing to walk with me to find where my daughter was to have that Officer put my Daughter in the same Oath Ceremony.... as we were walking down the hall.. we found her 3 door down with a very stern looking man. Daughter said he lightened up very early into the interview, approved her - didn't go over her application at all, as I had signed that I had prepared the document. He did ask her for more information about her underage drinking charge and giggled that it was changed to disorderly conduct/fighting.. He too gave her the invite for the Oath, Friday Oct 24th.

I dreaded this entire process as to date everything we did with the INS was a hassle... our files were MIA for about 18 months... anyway.. So glad it is over and Friday we free of the INS.

Question about the Passport; do we need to update our SSN to citizen before applying for Passports?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.