DaBassman

"There are Currently No Appointments Available" USEM PI

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have applied for a K-1 Visa in the Philippines, received approvals and paid the visa fee. When I entered my receipt number after completing all the requested information, the web site indicated "There are Currently No Appointments Available". I called the embassy and the rep informed me that I should just keep trying over the next few days and an appointment schedule should be posted soon. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks for any feedback that any may provide.

I read somewhere in the forum that you have to enter your passport number instead of the receipt number, this is like the new appointment system procedure.

K-1 Visa Timeline:
01.31.2011 - Petition Sent to Vermont Service Center

02.08.2011 - Notice of Action 1

06.14.2011 - Notice of Action 2 - Approval of Petition

06.28.2011 - National Visa Center Received Case

07.08.2011 - US Embassy Manila Received Case

07.15.2011 - Packet Received
07.25.2011 - Consular Interview at US Embassy Manila - APPROVED!
07.27.2011 - Visa Issuance. Notice from US Embassy Manila.
07.30.2011 - Visa Received. 5 Days After Interview!
08.01.2011 - Seminar at SMEF. Got certificate and sticker from CFO.
09.26.2011 - Point of Entry at JFK Airport
Adjustment of Status Timeline:
11.14.2011 - Mailed Adjustment of Status packet to Chicago Lockbox
11.17.2011 - Notice of Action 1: AOS/EAD/AP
11.18.2011 - Check Cashed by USCIS
12.15.2011 - Biometrics Schedule
12.08.2011 - Case transferred to California Service Center
12.16.2011 - Case received by California Service Center
01.11.2012 - Advance Parole Travel Document Approved
01.17.2012 - Employment Authorization Document Approved
01.23.2012 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received
03.27.2012 - Officially a Permanent Resident
04.05.2012 - 2 Year Green Card Received

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

01.06.2014 - Mailed I-751 Packet to Vermont Service Center

01.09.2014 - Notice of Action 1

01.10.2014 - Check Cashed by USCIS

02.06.2014 - Biometrics Schedule

07.30.2014 - Removal of Conditions Approval

08.15.2014 - 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Timeline:

01.05.2015 - Mailed N-400 to Dallas,TX Lockbox

01.13.2015 - Notice of Action 1

01.14.2015 - Checked Cashed by USCIS

01.29.2015 - Yellow Letter Received

02.04.2015 - Biometrics Schedule

02.27.2015 - In-Line for Interview Notification

04.10.2015 - Testing and Interview Scheduled Notification

05.19.2015 - Testing and Interview Date at Federal Plaza

I read somewhere in the forum that you have to enter your passport number instead of the receipt number, this is like the new appointment system procedure.

The new appointment webste is really screwed up. I tried for 3 days to schedule, finally had a CS rep tell me to use my fiancee's passport number...bingo...worked first time.

Even then the address for the Manila embassy printed on our appointment letter had the address for the Singapore embassy???? And the little map they put on the last page, for directions to the embassy, does not even identify the embassy on the map...go figure...our tax dollars at work!

They now have this posted in the instructions to use your passport number.

I know this also...We have a mid July interview appointment. I have been calling in hopes I could get an earlier interview date, maybe in June. The rep told me last night they only have mid August dates available....so they are really geeting swamped. Good LUCK!

Timeline

Thanks for the replies. I should have been more specific in my original post. I actually did enter the passport number where prompted to enter the receipt number (why they don't specify this on the web site is beyond me) and I was able to proceed to attempt to schedule the appointment, which is where I was notified that no appointments are available. I certainly hope appointment will be able to be scheduled soon. I did talk to a rep at the embassy and she informed me that the last appointments scheduled previously were made in early August. I hope I will be able to schedule sooner than that.

Timeline

Thanks for the replies. I should have been more specific in my original post. I actually did enter the passport number where prompted to enter the receipt number (why they don't specify this on the web site is beyond me) and I was able to proceed to attempt to schedule the appointment, which is where I was notified that no appointments are available. I certainly hope appointment will be able to be scheduled soon. I did talk to a rep at the embassy and she informed me that the last appointments scheduled previously were made in early August. I hope I will be able to schedule sooner than that.

yay!! so by the time i'll schedule mine probably the available is september?..ggrrrrr...i thought the embassy is new and they can acccomodate 500 applicants? it's better before wherein you can choose the date that you want :crying:

Timeline

My fiancee and I are having the same problem. We both called today, and I even spoke with a supervisor, but the answer was the same: There are no slots open, keep calling back. It's very frustrating. Best of luck to everyone in this situation, hopefully more slots will open up soon!

Timeline

My fiancee and I are having the same problem. We both called today, and I even spoke with a supervisor, but the answer was the same: There are no slots open, keep calling back. It's very frustrating. Best of luck to everyone in this situation, hopefully more slots will open up soon!

oh my what's going on with them? another system upgrade?

Timeline

Great news! Appointments at the Philippines Embassy in Manila are now available but hurry, there were only 2 days available when I checked last. I got scheduled for July 6th! Good luck to all!!

Edited by DaBassman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.