jasoncerri

medical timeline for k-2

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

We are getting ready to schedule our interview, ASC, etc but I had a question. My fiances daughter is coming as well and she needs to do her medical. She is 9 years old. Under the instructions listed on the Juarez consulate website, it states that we should give 4 working days in order for medical results to be processed for children under 14 years old.

We were thinking of going the week of 4th of July, but I'm not sure if the medical clinics are open. Does anyone know?

I guess my round-about question is has anyone been through the k-2 medical process and when are the results typically available? If we do the exam on a Monday, would we be okay to do the interview on Thursday, or better to be safe and wait to do it on Friday?

Thanks all for your input.

Timeline

Nice to know that you are taking a kid too. please don't forget to write a review :)

I called the medical clinic and they said it takes 3 days, this is, you go to the medical early Monday, for instance, and you get it Wednesday pm. I asked 'what if I go early Friday?' She said 'then you come Monday pm and you can have you interview Tuesday. Call the clinic to ask, but it's not 4 days. We called twice, to make sure

Are you taking a notarized letter signed by the father?

01-03-2011 129F sent

01-12-2011 NOA1

02-23-2011 Touched

05-02-2011 NOA2

05-16-2011 Packet 3 received

07-27-2011 Medical

07-28-2011 ASC

08-01-2011 Interview & approved!

08-03-2011 Got the visas!

08-04-2011 POE Juarez, 5 minutes at 6:10 am!!

08-19-2011 Married

10-19-2011 AOS package sent

11-08-2011 AOS package re-sent

11-22-2011 NOA1 date

12-20-2011 BIO apointment

Timeline

Nice to know that you are taking a kid too. please don't forget to write a review :)

I called the medical clinic and they said it takes 3 days, this is, you go to the medical early Monday, for instance, and you get it Wednesday pm. I asked 'what if I go early Friday?' She said 'then you come Monday pm and you can have you interview Tuesday. Call the clinic to ask, but it's not 4 days. We called twice, to make sure

Are you taking a notarized letter signed by the father?

Hi Sarah&Michael,

My next step was to call the clinics, but it looks like you beat me to it! I think I will call them as well and I will let you know if they tell me anything different. Thanks for the good info, as I was actually thinking of doing the same thing on a Friday, so I can use two less days of vacation and save them for later.

Looking at your timeline, I am looking to schedule the appointment around the same time. I'm probably going to schedule it tonight or tomorrow at the very latest.

My fiance did get a notarized letter signed by the father that allows her daughter to leave the country and immigrate to the US. At first he didn't want to sign it...but long story short, he eventually did it.

Timeline

We are going thru Juarez with 2 children boys aged 10 & 14.

here is our appointment times (we did it over the phone)

thursday June 23 fly to Juarez

friday June 24 early 6 am morning medical (no appointment this is walk in...TB test for kids, Xray for mom)

saturday June 25 we have a 1:40 pm ASC fingerprint appointment for all 3

sunday June 26 relax by the pool at La Quinta (we used code HOMEDL to get a dicount on rooms...try it it works like $20 off per night)

monday June 27 pick up medical results from fridays tests on kids

tuesday June 28 Consulate interview at 7:15 am

wed-thur-fri (wait for DHL to get the Visas delivered...we hope to get them by saturday & take a taxi to el Paso TX to fly to Minnesota before 4th of July...wish us luck!)

We also have a notarized letter from biological dad, the notaries have a basic form & know what to put in it.

Edited by Kimchimex

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.