Alejandra y Mario

Interview hours in Juarez from 7:15-4:15

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,

The Consulate in Juarez has the interview hours of 7:15am - 4:15pm. Does that mean that the last interview is at 4:15 OR that the Consulate closes at 4:15? The reason I ask is because my fiance's interview appt is at 7:15am and I was wondering if he would be out of the Consulate no LATER than 4:15 pm. I'm want to book our flight back from Juarez to Guadalajara the same day as his interview. Flight leaves at 6:25pm.

Would you say it's OK to book the flight at 6:25 pm the same day as his interview?

Thanks!

• 12.30.2010: I-129F sent
  • 01.05.2011: I-129F received & signed by Cates
  • 01.06.2011: NOA 1
  • 04.25.2011: NOA 2
    ~~~NOA1 to NOA2: 109 days~~~
  • 04.29.2011: NVC received
  • 05.16.2011: NVC left (I don't know why my packet was held at NVC for over 2 weeks)
  • 05.19.2011: Consulate received & signed by Jesus
  • 05.17.2011: Packet 3's date on letter (so it appears my letter was written before it was received at the Consulate...)
  • 06.06.2011: Packet 3 mailed to petitioner in CA
  • 06.10.2011: Packet 3 arrived a CA
  • 07.05.2011: Medical
  • 07.06.2011: ASC appointment
  • 07.07.2011: Interview

event.png

Timeline

Hi,

The Consulate in Juarez has the interview hours of 7:15am - 4:15pm. Does that mean that the last interview is at 4:15 OR that the Consulate closes at 4:15? The reason I ask is because my fiance's interview appt is at 7:15am and I was wondering if he would be out of the Consulate no LATER than 4:15 pm. I'm want to book our flight back from Juarez to Guadalajara the same day as his interview. Flight leaves at 6:25pm.

Would you say it's OK to book the flight at 6:25 pm the same day as his interview?

Thanks!

under certain circumstances sometimes it is not ok to make roundtrip reservations because there is a possibility that if something goes wrong or something is missing they might require you to stay longer especially when you get an administrative review. my fiance is also flying from GDL i purchased her flight from GDL-CDJ only bought it for $175 dollars in vivaaerobus. that is a cheap airline even if you buy the ticket to leave the next day... i tried booking a flight for tomorrow and its maybe a few 15 dollars more.

Timeline

under certain circumstances sometimes it is not ok to make roundtrip reservations because there is a possibility that if something goes wrong or something is missing they might require you to stay longer especially when you get an administrative review. my fiance is also flying from GDL i purchased her flight from GDL-CDJ only bought it for $175 dollars in vivaaerobus. that is a cheap airline even if you buy the ticket to leave the next day... i tried booking a flight for tomorrow and its maybe a few 15 dollars more.

Thanks! I was so worried about making it out before 4ish that I forgot about the possibility of getting an administrative review. We have the same interview date for our fiance(e)s! We might all be on the same flight from GDL (VivaAerobus).

• 05.16.2011: NVC left (I don't know why my packet was held at NVC for over 2 weeks)
  • 05.17.2011: Packet 3's date on letter (so it appears my letter was written before it was received at the Consulate...)

event.png

Timeline

Thanks! I was so worried about making it out before 4ish that I forgot about the possibility of getting an administrative review. We have the same interview date for our fiance(e)s! We might all be on the same flight from GDL (VivaAerobus).

I SEE I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR TIMELINE. LOL. WELL I WILL BE TAKING THE BUS FROM CHICAGO. SHE WILL BE FLYING FROM GDL. FLIGHTS TO CDJ FROM CHICAGO RUN AT 900 BUCKS ROUNDTRIP. WE HOPE THAT NO ONE GETS AN AR OR EVEN A WAIVER BUT SOLO DIOS SABE. ALL THERE IS LEFT IS FOR YOU TO STAY AT HOTEL IBIS NICE HOTEL REALLY CHEAP BTW PAID 4 NIGHTS FOR 165 DLS. LOL. HECK MAYBE WE CAN HANG OUT.

Timeline

I SEE I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR TIMELINE. LOL. WELL I WILL BE TAKING THE BUS FROM CHICAGO. SHE WILL BE FLYING FROM GDL. FLIGHTS TO CDJ FROM CHICAGO RUN AT 900 BUCKS ROUNDTRIP. WE HOPE THAT NO ONE GETS AN AR OR EVEN A WAIVER BUT SOLO DIOS SABE. ALL THERE IS LEFT IS FOR YOU TO STAY AT HOTEL IBIS NICE HOTEL REALLY CHEAP BTW PAID 4 NIGHTS FOR 165 DLS. LOL. HECK MAYBE WE CAN HANG OUT.

WOW! $165 for 4 nights?!?! That's a great deal! I've been looking at La Quinta just because it's the one I've hear/read the most on. Is Hotel Ibis really close to the Consulate...walking distance? I'll try to Google map it.

$900 round trip to Juarez is a CRAZY amount. I bet it's cheaper if you fly down to GDL and take the Vivaaerobus to Juarez! I've also heard of people flying down to El Paso and taking a taxi to Juarez (it's cheaper I've heard).

Ojalá todo salga bien y no tengamos demoras. ¿Qué oficina de DHL seleccionaste? Nosotros seleccionamos la de Guadalajara-Arcos Milenium. No queremos estar en Ciudad Juárez por mucho tiempo.

¡Buena suerte! Maybe we will run into each other!

event.png

Timeline

WOW! $165 for 4 nights?!?! That's a great deal! I've been looking at La Quinta just because it's the one I've hear/read the most on. Is Hotel Ibis really close to the Consulate...walking distance? I'll try to Google map it.

$900 round trip to Juarez is a CRAZY amount. I bet it's cheaper if you fly down to GDL and take the Vivaaerobus to Juarez! I've also heard of people flying down to El Paso and taking a taxi to Juarez (it's cheaper I've heard).

Ojalá todo salga bien y no tengamos demoras. ¿Qué oficina de DHL seleccionaste? Nosotros seleccionamos la de Guadalajara-Arcos Milenium. No queremos estar en Ciudad Juárez por mucho tiempo.

¡Buena suerte! Maybe we will run into each other!

yes its right at the consulate right across the street from las misiones mall and between both clinics. yes its walking distance to everything. if you google "map of ciudad juarez consulate area" it will bring up a map with all nearby restaurants. it doesnt look updated because there is no waiting area built yet it looks like a huge sandlot. you go to google maps and look at ciudad juarez or hotel ibis ciudad juarez it will pinpoint the exact location of the hotel. heres the link http://www.ibishotel.com/hotel-directory/gb/north-america/mexico/ciudad-juarez/ciudad-juarez-hotel.htm its actually not that expensive on southwest airlines about 450 roundtrip to ELP. no me molesta ir en autobus ya me he ido hasta guadalajara. i chose dhl in zamora michoacan since that is the closest to her house. she lives about two hours away from GDL. and 30 min from zamora. but ive kinda read that visas sometimes are given the following day or two days later if thats the case we might as well wait in juarez. but it could take up to 2 weeks so idk. you can call dhl that evening of the interview and find out when you will get it. or so ive read. or check online for your air waybill number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.