bujee

packet 3 form DS-156k

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to know for form DS-156k it indicates all the list of all the things you need to provide and I understand everyone usually takes all the required documents (birth certificate, police check, etc to the interview but i wanted to know the evidence of engagement are we suppose to send that to the consulate as a part of packet 3? I will take everything to the interview as well but wanted to know if pple still send evidence of engagement along with the other forms. Also when the forms are sent, what method is everyone using for this? Is DHL the courier that everyone uses to send the forms for packet 3 to the consulate or is DHL being used by the consulate to return passports and send visas for those who are approved for it after the interview. Any assistance is really appreciated. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to know for form DS-156k it indicates all the list of all the things you need to provide and I understand everyone usually takes all the required documents (birth certificate, police check, etc to the interview but i wanted to know the evidence of engagement are we suppose to send that to the consulate as a part of packet 3? I will take everything to the interview as well but wanted to know if pple still send evidence of engagement along with the other forms. Also when the forms are sent, what method is everyone using for this? Is DHL the courier that everyone uses to send the forms for packet 3 to the consulate or is DHL being used by the consulate to return passports and send visas for those who are approved for it after the interview. Any assistance is really appreciated. Thank you.

I did not include evidence in packet 3 documents, will bring to the interview. I used DHL...there is no charge and you can track. Heads up...Montreal is booking Sept 26 as of two minutes ago, that is not to say that an earlier appointment won't become available,

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I used xpresspost (and a few others here have as well) although you're "supposed" to use DHL. It didn't give me any problems. I think it's supposed to be faster but I have no idea. I think it cost me 10 bucks, not sure.

You don't send evidence of engagement with packet 3.

EDIT: Although, be aware of the canada post strike. :lol: DHL is a private courier, right? So in this case it's probably better to use them. At least, don't use canada post/xpresspost. Maybe fedex it if you want it to get there fast.

Edited by pocheros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.