gil & gina

Help: Rescheduling for IR1 Interview-Manila Embassy

11 posts in this topic

Hi to all fellow VJrs!

My husband was first scheduled for interview by NVC on June 10, 2011. I called Manila Embassy right away if its possible to move the schedule at least few days after coz my husband's medical result wont be due till June 10. They said I cant schedule until his medical is done. I was trying to reschedule coz im afraid that if June 10 comes & my hubby's medical is done, there wont be available slots for June anymore. That day came & my hubby's medical is finally completed with a good result, we immediately tried to schedule another appointment, unfortunately, the only available sched is August 3. So, my husband just took that slot & was advised that he could reschedule online, he can just check the website for earlier dates @ ustraveldocs.com. Last night, I logged in to the website: I was able to get in easily using the password they sent my husband via email after they scheduled him for August 3, but I got disappointed with this website, in order for me to re-schedule or even check availabiltiy, I have to cancel our prior schedule first (Aug3), I got scared all of a sudden, thinking that if I do that I might lose the schedule & be moved to a farther date, so with my fingers crossed, I continued, canceled the previous sched & was directed to their calendar which is very limited, it was only showing 3 months: August- October, & the only available dates were August 4-12, OMG! Its not even showing the month of June or July even nothing is available those months. Im so disappointed, so now instead of August 3, wanting to have an earlier schedule, I have no choice but to move to August 4 :bonk: , coz thats the earliest slot they have. I'l call them next week, Im afraid to cancel our August 4 schedule again & be moved to a farther date, id rather talk to an operator & have them do the rescheduling for me.

My husband & I was blaming ourselves that this has happened, it feels like we could have at least done something to prevent further delay. We had been proactive with this whole process, but at the end of everything, its turning out like this. When I called the embassy at first to reschedule, is it better that I just lied & told them that we wont make it to the June 10 schedule coz he is out of the country, & not because of his medical. Would it made a difference?... We were afraid to lie coz we thought that they are making notes about our reasons, but now it doesnt seem like they are keeping track of it, the last time my hubby called them, they were asking again why he is rescheduling...

Im so diappointed... :(

Any advice on how I could get my husband an earlier interview date? or

Is there any way we could check the availability of dates without canceling our prior schedule?

Any comment about this situation is greatly appreciated... :help:

Our Timeline

I-130 Sent.................................. 2010-10-25

I-130 NOA1................................. 2010-10-28

I-130 Approved............................ 2011-03-21

NVC Received.............................. 2011-03-21

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill......... 2011-04-06

Emailed DS-3032.......................... 2011-04-06

Received IV Bill............................ 2011-04-08

Paid I-864 Bill & IV Bill................... 2011-04-11

Mailed I-864 & DS-230 Packet......... 2011-04-16

NVC recvd I-864 & DS-230 Packet.....2011-04-18

Case Completed at NVC.................. 2011-04-27

NVC Left...................................... 2011-05-17

Consulate Received....................... 2011-05-20

Interview Date.............................. 2011-07-05

Visa Received............................... 2011-07-08

US Entry .................................... 2011-07-12

Oh that sucks.

I think the only way you can reschedule online without canceling your current interview date is by calling them so the operator can look it up on your behalf. The available slot for the interview is not consistent (based on what I heard from friends) different from what you see online nor what the operator tells you.

Just try to call again on Monday. Who knows their will be applicant who will cancel or move their interview date. You can then take the slot. Good luck!:)

(Is K1 and IR-1 scheduling different? I wonder if the only available slot for K1 interview is only August.. Oh no! I hope not)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Oh that sucks.

I think the only way you can reschedule online without canceling your current interview date is by calling them so the operator can look it up on your behalf. The available slot for the interview is not consistent (based on what I heard from friends) different from what you see online nor what the operator tells you.

Just try to call again on Monday. Who knows their will be applicant who will cancel or move their interview date. You can then take the slot. Good luck!:)

(Is K1 and IR-1 scheduling different? I wonder if the only available slot for K1 interview is only August.. Oh no! I hope not)

Thanx kish.2328. Yup, we will try again on Monday. I heard K1 has other ways of scheduling & has different slots. Good luck to you too!

Our Timeline

that's odd that they only have August slots open now since they're still scheduling mid July interviews...

hope you get it sorted. good luck. :thumbs:

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all fellow VJrs!

My husband was first scheduled for interview by NVC on June 10, 2011. I called Manila Embassy right away if its possible to move the schedule at least few days after coz my husband's medical result wont be due till June 10. They said I cant schedule until his medical is done. I was trying to reschedule coz im afraid that if June 10 comes & my hubby's medical is done, there wont be available slots for June anymore. That day came & my hubby's medical is finally completed with a good result, we immediately tried to schedule another appointment, unfortunately, the only available sched is August 3. So, my husband just took that slot & was advised that he could reschedule online, he can just check the website for earlier dates @ ustraveldocs.com. Last night, I logged in to the website: I was able to get in easily using the password they sent my husband via email after they scheduled him for August 3, but I got disappointed with this website, in order for me to re-schedule or even check availabiltiy, I have to cancel our prior schedule first (Aug3), I got scared all of a sudden, thinking that if I do that I might lose the schedule & be moved to a farther date, so with my fingers crossed, I continued, canceled the previous sched & was directed to their calendar which is very limited, it was only showing 3 months: August- October, & the only available dates were August 4-12, OMG! Its not even showing the month of June or July even nothing is available those months. Im so disappointed, so now instead of August 3, wanting to have an earlier schedule, I have no choice but to move to August 4 :bonk: , coz thats the earliest slot they have. I'l call them next week, Im afraid to cancel our August 4 schedule again & be moved to a farther date, id rather talk to an operator & have them do the rescheduling for me.

My husband & I was blaming ourselves that this has happened, it feels like we could have at least done something to prevent further delay. We had been proactive with this whole process, but at the end of everything, its turning out like this. When I called the embassy at first to reschedule, is it better that I just lied & told them that we wont make it to the June 10 schedule coz he is out of the country, & not because of his medical. Would it made a difference?... We were afraid to lie coz we thought that they are making notes about our reasons, but now it doesnt seem like they are keeping track of it, the last time my hubby called them, they were asking again why he is rescheduling...

Is there any way we could check the availability of dates without canceling our prior schedule?

Hi to all fellow VJrs!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi gil and gina,

Just curious why was there a delay in the medical result of your husband, was it because he undergone sputum test or for another reason? I'm just wondering because my parents original interview was May 10 but because of the result of the x'ray,they have undergone this sputum test,and the result will not be in till June 29. We have'nt called the USEM to re sched for the Interview, I don't know if we really have to call the USEM to re schedule for the interview beacause a friend of mine said that the St Lukes Clinic will automatically do it and will tell you your interview date at the time when you get your medical result (If everything is fine, Culture Is negative and immunization is done). Now I'm confused don't know what to do.

that's odd that they only have August slots open now since they're still scheduling mid July interviews...

hope you get it sorted. good luck. :thumbs:

thank you giamimigio!

Hi gil and gina,

Just curious why was there a delay in the medical result of your husband, was it because he undergone sputum test or for another reason? I'm just wondering because my parents original interview was May 10 but because of the result of the x'ray,they have undergone this sputum test,and the result will not be in till June 29. We have'nt called the USEM to re sched for the Interview, I don't know if we really have to call the USEM to re schedule for the interview beacause a friend of mine said that the St Lukes Clinic will automatically do it and will tell you your interview date at the time when you get your medical result (If everything is fine, Culture Is negative and immunization is done). Now I'm confused don't know what to do.

yup, my husband underwent the sputum test then 2 mos culture. He just went for medical in advance to prevent further delay on our process. It would have been perfect if the interview scheduled by NVC would be at least few days later. Our first schedule: June 10 is the exact same date for his vaccination. We tried to reschedule it early, but they said that they cant schedule until his medical result is out.

When my husband's medical result was released, they told him to call manila embassy & make an appointment schedule, Im not sure if St Lukes would schedule it for your parents though coz we have a different visa category. Based on my brother's experience last year, it was St. Lukes who scheduled their interview. Better ask St. Lukes clinic or call manila embassy customer service, (214) 571-1600 (for calls from the United States). Good luck!

Our Timeline

I was having regrets in the last few days, maybe it would also have made a difference if we lied & told them that the medical is done, or we wont make it to the interview coz of some other acceptable reason, maybe they would've given us a new schedule then. I wasn't really sure if they are keeping track of our phone calls to them or noting down our reasons of rescheduling :unsure: , we were afraid to lie, we thought that it might have a negative impact on our record if they are tracking it. Right now, we've been calling them everyday to ask for an earlier appointment schedule. They kept telling us that the only slots available are August, thats it.. :no: We will never give up until we get a better schedule, I wish manila embassy would open more slots for June & July...

Our Timeline

Hello all!! Im happy :dancing::dance: After calling them from time to time in the last 3 days, we finally got our new interview slot, July 5 instead of Aug.4. Yesterday, the call center agent said that there were no more interview slots available but there is a possibility that manila embassy will release new slots, but they cant tell when & which month, they told us to call from time to time to check availability, & thats what we did. We prayed so hard for this, 1 month earlier from the scheduled date, God is so good, we just really need to tell him what we want & he will give it to us in the right moment..

Our Timeline

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all!! Im happy :dancing::dance: After calling them from time to time in the last 3 days, we finally got our new interview slot, July 5 instead of Aug.4. Yesterday, the call center agent said that there were no more interview slots available but there is a possibility that manila embassy will release new slots, but they cant tell when & which month, they told us to call from time to time to check availability, & thats what we did. We prayed so hard for this, 1 month earlier from the scheduled date, God is so good, we just really need to tell him what we want & he will give it to us in the right moment..

Are the interview slots the same for K-1 and IR-5 at USEM? Do you think it is easier for us to get a slot? I am anticipating our Case Closed and forwarded to USEM end of this month. I wish to schedule my parents interview as early as possible since they already did their medical exam last June 8. Do you think we could still get a slot in July? Thanks.

01-24-2011 - Sent I-130 for Parents (USPS Priority)
02-02-2011 - Notice of Action 1
05-11-2011 - Notice of Action 2 - Approved! (104 Days)
----------
05-24-2011 - Case numbers assigned
05-26-2011 - Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill (Email)
05-26-2011 - Paid I-854 bill
05-31-2011 - AOS Fee showed as PAID
05-31-2011 - DS-3032 received per NVC email
06-01-2011 - IV bill generated
06-03-2011 - I-864 Sent and delivered, June 06, 2011
06-07-2011 - Paid IV bill
06-07-2011 - Medical at St. Lukes - PASSED
06-08-2011 - IV bill marked as PAID
06-09-2011 - DS-230 sent and delivered, June 13, 2011
06-21-2011 - Received I-864 Checklist
06-27-2011 - NVC received DS-230
06-28-2011 - Mailed DS-230 and I-864 checklists
07-12-2011 - Re-scheduled interview appointment to Aug 16, 2011
07-13-2011 - Sign In Failed for Dad's Case
07-26-2011 - Sign In Failed for Mom's case
08-03-2011 - Case forwarded to USEM
08-08-2011 - Cases received by USEM
08-16-2011 - Interview schedule. APPROVED!
08-19-2011 - VISA on hand
08-23-2011 - POE - LAX (Yes, they finally made it to the US!)
09-05-2011 - Baby Due. It's good to have Lolo and Lola when this special day happens.
preg.png

event.png

------------------------

Citizenship of Parents:

07/22/2016 - Sent N-400 to Phoenix, AZ by USPS Priority
delivered
check cashed
07/30/2016 - NOA
Touched
Biometrics
Interview letter received
Interview -*APPROVED*
Oath date -** US CITIZEN **
Applied for passport
Passport Received!

Are the interview slots the same for K-1 and IR-5 at USEM? Do you think it is easier for us to get a slot? I am anticipating our Case Closed and forwarded to USEM end of this month. I wish to schedule my parents interview as early as possible since they already did their medical exam last June 8. Do you think we could still get a slot in July? Thanks.

Hi there! Im so sorry, :unsure: i don't really know if the interview slots are the same for K1 & IR5 @ USEM. Our category is IR1. Im not even sure if NVC, St. Lukes or you will be the one to schedule for the interview. When we first called the Call Center for schedule, they gave us August 3, we called them last June 10. But we never stopped calling them until we get an earlier schedule, the agent told us to try from time to time. I guess the only advise I could give you is to keep checking for earlier available slots once you are scheduled. If the agent tells you that they dont have anything available, dont give up, coz normally, the USEM will release new slots. Good Luck! :)

Our Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.