nikibee

Please! I need your help

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everybody!! I have not get in here since time ago because I was waiting that at my Embassy send to me the final pkt 4 since July...

Now almost 2 moths later, I already receive it and also my appointment letter... but I am so worry, because some people have told me that I don´t have to present my marriage certificate from my country, I mean, my housband is a permanent resident since 10 years ago because his aunt is an american citizen and she asked my mother-in-law her husband and sons (there caught my housband his permanent residence) well, they wait to obtain it almost 12 years... since my husband was 8 years old. Whe he was 19 so like me, we got married at our country, but we (he and me ignore about the petition of his family and that it was almost ready, nobody told us nothing) so, he went to USA with his parents 8 months later that we got married.

A year later being there (he), we got married under the USA laws (by power) and the petition process for me started (the I-130 F2A). Now, 10 years later waiting, now that we already have our interview, some people have told me that I have problems because we got married at my country before he obtained his permanent residence and because he continued that process without inform that he had get married.

Please tell me if that is true?? Could I have some problem?? Do I have to present my usa marriage certificate and my country marriage certificate too? Or just one of them?? I am so worried, I have waiting here, I have not done anything against law never :(

Please give me an advice or tell me if that is false or true... I will be thank of you!!

Edited by nikibee

Filed: Timeline
Hi everybody!! I have not get in here since time ago because I was waiting that at my Embassy send to me the final pkt 4 since July...

Now almost 2 moths later, I already receive it and also my appointment letter... but I am so worry, because some people have told me that I don´t have to present my marriage certificate from my country, I mean, my housband is a permanent resident since 10 years ago because his aunt is an american citizen and she asked my mother-in-law her husband and sons (there caught my housband his permanent residence) well, they wait to obtain it almost 12 years... since my husband was 8 years old. Whe he was 19 so like me, we got married at our country, but we (he and me ignore about the petition of his family and that it was almost ready, nobody told us nothing) so, he went to USA with his parents 8 months later that we got married.

A year later being there (he), we got married under the USA laws (by power) and the petition process for me started (the I-130 F2A). Now, 10 years later waiting, now that we already have our interview, some people have told me that I have problems because we got married at my country before he obtained his permanent residence and because he continued that process without inform that he had get married.

Please tell me if that is true?? Could I have some problem?? Do I have to present my usa marriage certificate and my country marriage certificate too? Or just one of them?? I am so worried, I have waiting here, I have not done anything against law never :(

Please give me an advice or tell me if that is false or true... I will be thank of you!!

I'm not sure if I understand your post, perhaps you could help me to better understand.

Your husband's Aunt petitioned her brother and his wife and children (one of the children is now your husband) to immigrate to the USA many years ago, when your husband was only a small boy. Many years later, when his parent's visa was approved, they all then moved to the USA, but prior to that he married you in Guatemala. Once your husband received LPR he began a petition for you to join him in the USA as his wife under F2A. Is that correct?

Are you concerned about your husband's status, since he was married to you before he received his green card?

F2A: Unmarried children or sons/daughters should not get married prior to the green card approval. If they get married after I-130 is filed, the petition is considered invalid. Neither the married child/son/daughter nor his/her spouse would be able to get a green card under this category.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Other Timeline

I'm not sure if I understand your post, perhaps you could help me to better understand.

Your husband's Aunt petitioned her brother and his wife and children (one of the children is now your husband) to immigrate to the USA many years ago, when your husband was only a small boy. Many years later, when his parent's visa was approved, they all then moved to the USA, but prior to that he married you in Guatemala. Once your husband received LPR he began a petition for you to join him in the USA as his wife under F2A. Is that correct?

Are you concerned about your husband's status, since he was married to you before he received his green card?

F2A: Unmarried children or sons/daughters should not get married prior to the green card approval. If they get married after I-130 is filed, the petition is considered invalid. Neither the married child/son/daughter nor his/her spouse would be able to get a green card under this category.

Thats right, more less, I really don´t know that he had that process. To began my process we got married later with the law at USA so he began a petition for me. He obtained his LPR by F4-3. Could you please check were you read that paragraph if an F4-3 could get married prior to the green card approval?? please!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.