Samu and JoJo

Fiance Coming To Visit This Summer

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I've been very stressed out lately xp </3 I bought some tickets for Johan (beneficiary) to come and visit me this summer from June 13th to August 2nd...without even thinking there would be an issue. Now this whole issue thing comes up about the possibility of being denied entry because we are in the K1 visa process.

We have no proof of ties really, just the return ticket and our NOA1. Johan has just graduated school and is jobless, he is not enrolled in anything and lives in an apartment with his friend Eric. The apartment is payed for by Eric's mother, who has offered to do so for them on the condition that Eric got good grades in school.

The last time Johan visited me was @ Christmas time from December 21st to January 5th...and before that it was in 2009 for 2 weeks and a half.

Not only this but Johan lost his old passport and has ordered a new one now, so that is probably more reason to raise suspicion. I told him the risks of coming here and said I wouldn't be angry with him if he didn't want to go now. But he says that it didn't sound too bad and he's going to risk it.

I'm so worried. We both miss one another incredibly...and the thought of him being denied...I would just...I would not take it well at all.

Edited by Samu and JoJo

"Love is patient..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

They will require evidence that he is returning to his own country such as return tickets, proof of job, ongoing education, property ownership. Previous posts I have seen also mention that despite that there is still a possibility of the beneficiary being turned back. From what I understand at least two of the above would be necessary (in other words not just return tickets). Is there any chance of you visiting him?

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

this is a more thorough explanation ...

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1visit

and hey best of luck with whatever you decide...

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

They will require evidence that he is returning to his own country such as return tickets, proof of job, ongoing education, property ownership. Previous posts I have seen also mention that despite that there is still a possibility of the beneficiary being turned back. From what I understand at least two of the above would be necessary (in other words not just return tickets). Is there any chance of you visiting him?

Unfortunately no, I have already spent all the money I had saved up on those tickets, not only this but I have a job and can't take leave for so long.

"Love is patient..."

Timeline

Someone may have other suggestions on what is possible as evidence of him returning and I think it sometimes depends on the person at immigration on arrival whether they accept your situation or not. In a sense it is illogical that they think your fiance is going to overstay in view of the fact you are going for a K1 but sometimes they do.

If you are not going to get any refund on the ticket he could either risk it or what about meeting in a third country, e.g.Canada? (just a thought).

I know how tough this is to be apart and wish you all the best.

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Luckilly, they let him through :] I got a call on my home phone saying that they are going to let him through but he can't work while he is here. Easy peasy <3

BTW: for others who are debating this, they don't know that you are even going through the K1 until you mention it :/ my fiancée confirmed this. It's the amount of time you are staying in the US that makes them suspicious, and in our case going through the K1 process actually was a good thing, because it showed the true reason why he was coming to the US, and showed that he wasn't coming to work here for the summer, but was simply coming to visit me :]

"Love is patient..."

Timeline

This is fantastic news! Enjoy your time together... and thanks for letting us know it all worked out. I love happy endings. (F)

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.