Kammo

AOS Fee Complete.

28 posts in this topic

Will the IV bill show up on the same screen as the AOS bill? And will it have the same invoice number?

Yes, they both appear on the payment portal on the same site. And you use the same invoice ID number to log onto the payment portal.

Thank you so much!!

Another question. They have received my choice of agent form and now my i864 package on Monday, But still I have not received the IV bill. Should I give it more time or call?

Also after you leave NVC how long til you get an interview? I know it varies by embassy, but average?

You are great help!!

Thank you so much!!

Another question. They have received my choice of agent form and now my i864 package on Monday, But still I have not received the IV bill. Should I give it more time or call?

Also after you leave NVC how long til you get an interview? I know it varies by embassy, but average?

You are great help!!

Remember, the AOS and IV are separate tracks, so getting the IV bill has nothing to do with NVC receiving your AOS package. When did you send the DS-3032? And was it by email or snail mail?

You get an interview date first before leaving NVC. But the time between case complete and scheduling of interview dates varies from each consulate/embassy. I've seen people get dates the very next day while others wait a week or two, and then there's some that wait months. It always depends on the embassy/consulate. If you're curious enough, track down other people from your country and see what the average wait time is between case complete and an interview date being scheduled. That's what I did :)

Holy #######!!! If it's the next day, I'm in trouble! I have to get a ticket to Nepal!! And it takes 2 days to get there!! Haha!

I emailed it last week and confirmed they received it on Monday.

No no, what I meant is that an interview date can be scheduled the very next day, not that the interview is the next day. NVC wouldn't do that. It's usually always a few weeks ahead of the actual interview date.

If they just confirmed they got it on Monday, then it should have shown up by now. I'd suggest calling NVC and asking about it.

I got it tonight!! After calling them for the 100th time!! :-)

They said to go ahead and mail the IV package... so I will overnight tomorrow morning... (WOW....the last step...that "I" am responsible for...technically... what a feeling!

Please please please let the embassy interview go this smoothly!!!

I truly love my husband so very, very much and miss him more that words!! (As I know you all do... )

QUESTION....

Does it make anyone else angry when you hear that people have been paid 10 - 20,000 dollars to do this process? and they get it! AFter all the heartache, blood, sweet and tears we put in it...that kinda upsets me..that you can just go pay for it...and we have the REAL thing and it could be denied... :-(

I guess I need to be happy for anyone that can obtain their dreams.

I got it tonight!! After calling them for the 100th time!! :-)

They said to go ahead and mail the IV package... so I will overnight tomorrow morning... (WOW....the last step...that "I" am responsible for...technically... what a feeling!

Please please please let the embassy interview go this smoothly!!!

I truly love my husband so very, very much and miss him more that words!! (As I know you all do... )

QUESTION....

Does it make anyone else angry when you hear that people have been paid 10 - 20,000 dollars to do this process? and they get it! AFter all the heartache, blood, sweet and tears we put in it...that kinda upsets me..that you can just go pay for it...and we have the REAL thing and it could be denied... :-(

I guess I need to be happy for anyone that can obtain their dreams.

Glad you finally got some answers from NVC!

When you're talking about paying 10-20k dollars, do you mean to a lawyer? If you do, remember most lawyers I see mentioned tend to screw things up and don't focus properly. So whether you use a lawyer or not, it can still get denied, no matter what. Paying a lawyer thousands of dollars does NOT guarantee a visa in the least. They just help you fill out paperwork and such.

No.. I actually meant that people pay other people to marry them!! I was told today by a man that his brother paid 15,000 for a girl to marry him and he now had a green card! When our love and intention is real and pure and yet it could still be denied! That upsets me...

No.. I actually meant that people pay other people to marry them!! I was told today by a man that his brother paid 15,000 for a girl to marry him and he now had a green card! When our love and intention is real and pure and yet it could still be denied! That upsets me...

Ohh! Wow, people get paid that much to marry? blink.gif Too bad these people don't get caught and get denied :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Saylin

Hi again. I just posted a new topic but I was hoping I could ask you? :)

In your wiki, you stated that the electronic process cannot exceed 10MB. Is that information direct from NVC, or is this your guideline? I ask because...

Our i864 packet is complete but it is 24MB o.0... We use a MAC and I don't have Acrobat as mentioned in your Wiki, so I am not sure if I can make it smaller?? Any ideas?

Also (forgot to ask this earlier)... Do the images we have need to have any notarized/certified stamps on them upon scanning? (I have printed the complete "physical" packet and have it sitting in a envelope in case). I have a feeling I wont need to go to a notary but I would hate to make any mistakes given all the time involved!

The packet is laid out like so (in this order):

Cover Letter (signed, dated)

Cover Sheet (as sent by NVC)

i-864 completed

2010, 2009, 2008 Tax Transcripts

Letter from employer

6 months pay stubs

Thanks again for your time! I really appreciate it!

@Saylin

Hi again. I just posted a new topic but I was hoping I could ask you? :)

In your wiki, you stated that the electronic process cannot exceed 10MB. Is that information direct from NVC, or is this your guideline? I ask because...

Our i864 packet is complete but it is 24MB o.0... We use a MAC and I don't have Acrobat as mentioned in your Wiki, so I am not sure if I can make it smaller?? Any ideas?

Also (forgot to ask this earlier)... Do the images we have need to have any notarized/certified stamps on them upon scanning? (I have printed the complete "physical" packet and have it sitting in a envelope in case). I have a feeling I wont need to go to a notary but I would hate to make any mistakes given all the time involved!

The packet is laid out like so (in this order):

Cover Letter (signed, dated)

Cover Sheet (as sent by NVC)

i-864 completed

2010, 2009, 2008 Tax Transcripts

Letter from employer

6 months pay stubs

Thanks again for your time! I really appreciate it!

The 10MB is simply a guideline. There's no where on NVC's site (that I know of) that states the maximum, but I got this estimate from another EP wiki. But it makes sense since I know a lot of servers have problems when receiving attachments that are over 10MB.

Originally, our AOS package was 21MB, but I was able to downsize it through Adobe Acrobat to 8MB. I would highly suggest either getting Adobe Acrobat to downsize or find another program. You can always try sending your 24MB file, but it'd be a risk as I'm not sure how NVC's servers would handle it.

And what images are you talking about? The only time a notary should be involved is when making translations or getting certified copies of certificates.

For your order, the bar-coded cover sheet has to be the FIRST thing, not the second. It has to be the first thing that NVC sees.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the info on the cover sheet. I'll be sure to change that. :)

RE: Scans... I was making sure that all the documents I have scanned did not need to be first notarized or the like. Just being over paranoid I guess. I tend to over analyze things some times :P

I did try a program on my mac to downsize the packet. It brought it down to 1mb but upon opening it, it looks horribly grainy so I'm not sure if that would be appropriate (I assumed not).

Edited by Kammo

Thanks for the info on the cover sheet. I'll be sure to change that. :)

RE: Scans... I was making sure that all the documents I have scanned did not need to be first notarized or the like. Just being over paranoid I guess. I tend to over analyze things some times :P

I did try a program on my mac to downsize the packet. It brought it down to 1mb but upon opening it, it looks horribly grainy so I'm not sure if that would be appropriate (I assumed not).

Oh, no laughing.gif You don't need to notarize the scans! laughing.gif

And if it comes out grainy, then it's definitely not a good idea. The reviewing officer needs to be able to read the forms and such. Perhaps you can try scanning the documents again at a lower dpi/resolution and see if that helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.