Zami

Medical Exam in Tegucigalpa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hola!

We have our interview on the 27th of this month. We'd like to see one of the three doctors for the medical on the 23rd or 24th. My fiancee called the first on the list and they told him to call 3-4 days before we're there. Is there any way to make an appointment with one of the doctors further in advance? Has anyone had trouble getting an appointment within 3-4 days? Should we make an appointment with all 3 doctors to be sure we'll get in to see one? Does anyone have an email for any of the three doctors? I hate waiting to schedule an appointment when the entire process hinges on him having that medical exam completed.

Also, how much time did it take to get the Police Certificate? Can we do it in a day? Is the place we go to get it open on Thursdays and Fridays?

These are the last two things we need to get done before the interview and I'm worried something might go wrong... any tips or help appreciated!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hi Zami. I had my medicals exams made with Dr. Fernando Tome in Clinicas Medicas. Since I had all my documents of child vaccunes I spend 4000 lps. I guess if your fiancee do not have her vaccunes documentation from child you could spend much more! Just gave you that info so you get prepared. With this doctor I made the appointment a week earlier and I decided to choose this doctor because he gives the medical results the same day. I get there at 7 am and had my results at 3 pm the same day. I did this because I was staying in a hotel, and didn't want to pay a night more!

The police certificate you most get it with time. Each certificate last 6 months. So, just tell your fiancee to make them as soon as possible. They are handed-in in around 1 or 2 weeks. If your fiancee have a friend working in a police department, makes the process much easier. Obviously got to pay extra, but it is worthy because you dont get to do line. The days you can do it, I really don't remember. Tell your fiancee to go to ask to the nearest post office.

You can read my review if you want in order to get an idea what is the process inside the embassy. Since you are K1, provide tonds of evidence. You never know what the co officer may asked. Make sure you verify hundreds of times your documents like the partida de nacimiento en forma literal, divorce degree if applicable, police certificate, photos, all strong evidence of your relationship.

I understand you sincerly, I was there, and I know this process is stressfull and you got to have tonds of patience because its not essy to be far away from your love.

Hope I could help you.........

Good Luck

Timeline

So you can get a Police Certificate in the city nearest you? I thought you could only get one in Tegucigalpa. We have just two weeks, so I hope we can get the certificate in La Ceiba... how long did it take to get yours? I assumed you got it the same day you asked for it (in Tegucigalpa).

I had no idea that the doctors might not give him his medical results the same day! Thank you so much! Tome's office told me they do not take appointments until 3-4 days in advance. You got yours a week before it?

Thanks for your input!

Timeline

You MUST get the Police Certificate in the city that you live. I lived in San Pedro Sula, so my police certificate was from san pedro. If your fiancee is from la Ceiba, then you should go and ask in a post office of la ceiba how is the tramit. It takes around 1 or 2 weeks to give them out, so if your fiancee dont have it, tell her to go as soon as possible, because your time is running out.

I guess that this Dr. Tome is the only one out of the 3 doctors mentioned in the honduras embassy web that gives the medical result the same day, I think that the others give the result the next day, dont remember, but just call to make sure. The 3 doctors are around the same price range. In making the appointment I called like 5 days earlier. Your interview is the 27th of this month right? Are you planning to go tegus two times? one for the medicals and the other for the interview??? or just make one trip and do all in one?

Wish you the best....

Timeline

We're planning on making one trip to Tegus. He'll go 5 days before me and I'll be there the Friday before the Monday appointment. I'll have him go to the post office and check the Police Certificate thing out today. I called the place listed on the Packet (in Tegus) yesterday and they said he needed to get it there and that it would take 4 days. Thanks for your help... I want to be sure to cover all the bases. :)

Timeline

We're planning on making one trip to Tegus. He'll go 5 days before me and I'll be there the Friday before the Monday appointment. I'll have him go to the post office and check the Police Certificate thing out today. I called the place listed on the Packet (in Tegus) yesterday and they said he needed to get it there and that it would take 4 days. Thanks for your help... I want to be sure to cover all the bases. :)

It must be different if you live in San Pedro Sula. He checked the Post Office and the Police Department in La Ceiba and they both told him he had to get the certificate in Tegus. He's on his way there now to be sure we get it before the interview (6/27). I'm flying out 6/23 to meet him. He should have both the certificate and the medical done by the time I arrive in Tegus. Things are going great! And they're only getting better!

It's been a long haul. I met him a year ago as of June 19 and we joked about getting married the first week we met. Now it's really going to happen!

Timeline

OOHH...! I didn't knew that in La Ceiba you couldn't get a police certificate. Good to know then. You have less than 2 weeks to get all your documentation done. Hope you get a positive outcome. Just a little bit of more patience, because you are almost done with this journey.

Best Wishes and never stop fighting for love.....

• 5 years later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Stale five-year old thread closed to further comments~

~Unrelated question moved to appropriate forum (hopefully MLSA Regional Forum, timeline is absent)~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.