ID and Dapo

What happens after NOA 2 (Nigeria) [edited title]

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filled the I-129 petition in October of 2010 and I received the approval at the end of April. I called NVC and was informed that the file has been sent to Nigeria for further processing on the 28th of April. We have not received any correspondence from Nigeria since then and I have called and emailed that but no response.

Can someone who has gone through the whole process please tell me what the process is from here. Will they be contating via email or sending a letter / packet to my finaces address (NVC has both of our emails on file).

Am just a little worried that it is taking too long but I may be wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My school of thought is that you should have received a letter from the NVC that the case has been transferred. Do you have this? I called the ACS line at the American Embassy in Lagos yesterday, and I was told that the Visa sections (at least for K-1) to check the status of a case do not receive incoming calls. I requested to be to be transferred but was told they could not do that. I suggest you keep trying the numbers and emailing them. I am still waiting for my letter from the NVC stating that my case has been shipped but I am not 100% sure they send one. Whatever the case may be, stay focused and don't give up. Keep trying!!! All the best.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filled the I-129 petition in October of 2010 and I received the approval at the end of April. I called NVC and was informed that the file has been sent to Nigeria for further processing on the 28th of April. We have not received any correspondence from Nigeria since then and I have called and emailed that but no response.

Can someone who has gone through the whole process please tell me what the process is from here. Will they be contating via email or sending a letter / packet to my finaces address (NVC has both of our emails on file).

Am just a little worried that it is taking too long but I may be wrong.

I we are going through the same process from the the same country. I see you got the interview. Would you mind sharing how you got the information?

August 2008- Met

December 2008-dating

December 2009- attempted face to face

September 2010- face to face

K-1 Journey

4/15/11- filed K-1

8/23/11- K-1 approved

10/6/11-interview date scheduled

12/7/11-interview

12/21/11- pick up travel documents

12/25/11-Travelled to USA

1/22/12- Married!!

AOS Journey

3/9/12- mailed AOS

3/15/12- got email confromation

3/18/12-got hard copy of NOA on EAD and AOS

3/26/12-Bio meterics appointment notice

4/13/12- File Transfered to CSC

4/23/12-bio metrics

5/8/12- Approved for EAD by text

5/21/12-EAD in hand after a mailing errors due to address change

8/15/12-Notification of GC approval by text

8/16/12-Notification of GC approval by letter in mail

8/18/12-Address change not correct in system card sent back

8/20/12-Placed thrid address change in system

9/5/12-Received GC!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.