IndianBabe

CR1- 221(g) with AP - Questions?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hii All

My husband went for his CR1 interview yest with the embassy and he received a 221(g) with I think its says "AP" on the bottom right corner.

1. Is that how they usually specify an AP?

2. The CO asked for 4 things - a. Proof of communication between me and my husband since we got married.

b. Honeymoon proof like hotel receipts.

c. Joint bank account or joint credit card or joint property

d. Post marked mail(greeting cards etc) between me and him. (which we didn't really send) We mostly send emails/chats and cards through mutual friends or family who were traveling.

I will be leaving to India soon to take care of the joint bank account and the joint credit card. Do you know if me being a US citizen can do that with banks in Mumbai or in the US? I only have a visit visa for India. I also did file a married filing jointly tax return for last year(2010) and still waiting on the ITIN.

3. We had a very very short honeymoon because I was in India for only about 3 weeks. We basically stayed 2 nights in 2 hotels. After much calling around we received the hotel bills but since my husband checked in, the bills only have his name. Is that ok? We do have a ton of pictures from the places we went to.

4. We need to submit these documents to VFS and then they said they would let us know. Has anybody been through an AP process in Mumbai? Do you know how long it takes?

I'm pretty frustrated and tired but trying to keep a positive attitude throughout this whole thing. I know they are only doing their job and making sure we do have a bonifide marriage relationship.

Thanks for any info that might help.

Timeline

I am not really sure what "AP" is. I do know you can get a joint bank account in the US, not sure about Mumbai. My husband and I have both checking and savings.

This makes me very nervous since my husband's interview is Monday in Mumbai.

Stay positive!!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi sorry to hear abt ur 221g. AP means Administrative Processing. It means that they give a documnet(221-g) and they check marks those items which they need.

In your case they need some proofs to prove bonafied marriage. Just try to get all those things which you have listed and after that submit it to VFS and after checking those documents they will send your husband's passport with VISA in mail.This process can take any time (2 week to various weeks), depending upon ur luck. So just be calm & be positive. All will be fine ,trust me. Just try to gather all evidences (emails,chat logs,any cards,phone bills,honeymoon picks & other picks etc) as much as you can and send them asap.

A very good luck for ur journey.God bless u guys.

IR-5 for Parents

02-28-14 -> I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.
03-03-14 -> USCIS received. (Priority Date)
03-09-14 -> NOA1 received.
06-04-14 -> NOA2 received. Approved.
06-18-14 -> NVC Received case.
07-03-14 -> NVC Assigned Case#(Got Case# & IIN Over the Phone).
07-22-14 -> DS-261 Completed.
07-25-14 -> AOS fee Payment.
07-29-14 -> AOS fee shows PAID.
07-30-14 -> AOS Package Sent.
07-31-14 -> AOS Package delivered.
09-15-14 -> IV fee Payment.

09-17-14 -> IV fee Shows PAID.

09-18-14 -> IV Package Sent.
09-20-14 -> IV Package Delivered.

10-20-14 -> Case Complete.

10-28-14 -> Case Complete Email Received.

Timeline

Thank you so much for the info.

I do have a question - the hotels we stayed at only have his name on it. Would that be ok? Should I even submit it? I don't want to complicate anything.

I'm definitely sending in cards, emails, chats, lots of pictures. We are looking at citibank here to open a NRO account. Bank of America wont add a foreign spouse to my account because they need to be physically present to sign.

@angieSharm - Don't worry. I'm sure yours will go ok. We had a few other details that complicated matters a bit more like my husband applied for a student visa in 2009 after meeting me. He was denied them only because of finances but now they think that he is using the marriage route to get to the US. Im sure you dont have any of those kinda complications. It should go by totally fine.

Timeline

Thank you so much for the info.

I do have a question - the hotels we stayed at only have his name on it. Would that be ok? Should I even submit it? I don't want to complicate anything.

I'm definitely sending in cards, emails, chats, lots of pictures. We are looking at citibank here to open a NRO account. Bank of America wont add a foreign spouse to my account because they need to be physically present to sign.

Yes,you can send that hotel bill and dont worry abt only the name of ur husband on it. Because it can include any name from both of you, that will be fine.

IR-5 for Parents

Timeline

ER Neal, Thanks for your reply.

We were stressing out over the hotel receipts and plane tickets. Dont know why we didn't take better care about having to submit all this later. I am planning on going to India soon to celebrate our belated 1 year. I was hoping to celebrate it here. We are thinking of going to Goa for a few nights. Do you think adding pictures, hotel receipts with both our names and pictures of the trip will strengthen the case even if its after the interview? We are also thinking about opening up a joint bank account/credit card while I am there.

Would they say anything about sending the wedding anniversary evidence since that happ after the interview?

Timeline

First try to get all those evidences which are related to ur wedding & honeymoon,because they need these evidences. You can send those hotel receipts , plane tickets ,any restaurant bills , pictures and all. After that u can also include ur anniversary related evidences. But IMO , concentrate more on prior evidences.

Oh GOA was also one of the place in our honeymoon..its awasome.

IR-5 for Parents

Timeline

Hii All

My husband went for his CR1 interview yest with the embassy and he received a 221(g) with I think its says "AP" on the bottom right corner.

1. Is that how they usually specify an AP?

2. The CO asked for 4 things - a. Proof of communication between me and my husband since we got married.

b. Honeymoon proof like hotel receipts.

c. Joint bank account or joint credit card or joint property

d. Post marked mail(greeting cards etc) between me and him. (which we didn't really send) We mostly send emails/chats and cards through mutual friends or family who were traveling.

I will be leaving to India soon to take care of the joint bank account and the joint credit card. Do you know if me being a US citizen can do that with banks in Mumbai or in the US? I only have a visit visa for India. I also did file a married filing jointly tax return for last year(2010) and still waiting on the ITIN.

3. We had a very very short honeymoon because I was in India for only about 3 weeks. We basically stayed 2 nights in 2 hotels. After much calling around we received the hotel bills but since my husband checked in, the bills only have his name. Is that ok? We do have a ton of pictures from the places we went to.

4. We need to submit these documents to VFS and then they said they would let us know. Has anybody been through an AP process in Mumbai? Do you know how long it takes?

I'm pretty frustrated and tired but trying to keep a positive attitude throughout this whole thing. I know they are only doing their job and making sure we do have a bonifide marriage relationship.

Thanks for any info that might help.

Hi, I am in same boat. It will be great help if you can post your interview experience. That also help us why they have asked you for this evidences. Thank you very much.

Timeline

Hi, I am in same boat. It will be great help if you can post your interview experience. That also help us why they have asked you for this evidences. Thank you very much.

Hiii

My husband received a form with 221(g) checked and said that they need to see evidences of honeymoon, communication and joint bank account or credit card. We don't have a lot of honeymoon receipts since our honeymoon itself was just 2 nights in 2 diff hotels. We do have lots of pictures which I think we are going to send. We are thinking of sending all our emails/chats/call logs/facebook messages, tons of pictures(sorted). I'm planning on opening on going to India to open a bank account and hopefully that will suffice. We are thinking of showing pictures of our gifts or greeting cards and a lot of praying.

Thats about it. What happened with yours?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.