kolorin

Juarez consulate appointment

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi, has anyone else tried to schedule an interview at the jaurez consulate in july? or has anyone ever tried scheduling an interview more than 3 weeks away? i want to go ahead and schedule my interview so i can purchase flights cheaper, but nothing is open is open beyond june.

Timeline

I wanted to schedule my appointment in July for a number of reasons also, and realized that on the website I couldn't. I called them today and the person I spoke to said that they only had access to the same dates that were available on line and he told me to try again in like 2 weeks.. so I don't know if it's possible.. really annoying considering we have to fly from Cancun and it'd be nice to be able to plan a little bit in advance.

If you have any luck scheduling an appointment for July let me know! lol

Timeline

We just booked our flights hoping that appointments open up and that we get the invite letter that they said they mailed May 20th in time. We will be checking each day for openings though, so we'll definitely let you know of any news!

Timeline

We just booked our flights hoping that appointments open up and that we get the invite letter that they said they mailed May 20th in time. We will be checking each day for openings though, so we'll definitely let you know of any news!

When did you book your flights for? We wanted to do it for like the 3rd week in July-- I have to go back to the US at the end of July for a wedding, and then I'm planning on coming back and getting everything together to move ourselves to the U.S. at the beginning of September. They told me that they sent our appointment letter on May 25th so I'm hoping it shows up somewhere, either here or in the U.S., before the 3rd week in July.

Are you flying from somewhere in Mexico? If you don't mind me asking, what airline did you use? And have you booked a hotel yet? We're coming from Cancun, and I've been researching hotels and stuff but haven't picked a place yet..

Timeline

How safe is it in CDJ these days by the embassy?

Hopefully more lawful than Michoacan. My friend there has already head for the hills to escape the violence!

gang.jpg?w=400&h=280

well boing... it doesnt really matter how safe or unsafe juarez is, we have no choice in the matter. i think most of us would prefer the consulate hold interviews in a different city, perhaps farther away from the border but we're all just doing what we need to do in order to get a visa...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Please don't pay any mind to unnecessary negative comments about the safety of Ciudad Juarez!

In the three weeks we spent in Juarez I felt safer in the consulate zone than I have felt in areas of many cities in the U.S. I consider myself to be a perceptive person and have lived and traveled all over the U.S. and the world and can tell you that the areas that you are going to be frequenting for your interview related purposes maintain a high level of safety.

There are no boarded up buildings, no thugs walking the streets, no pushers or pimps, not even pawn shops or liquor stores, beggars or even street vendors! The only thing that may feel unsettling to anyone not familiar with Mexican cities is the large number of pickup trucks filled with cops bearing machine guns. That is how they do it. That is how they show you that they are keeping the area safe for you to come and do your business.

Also there are swarms of annoying people with homemade laminated tags that want to help you when you get near the consulate. They are not "coyotes" as many people on VJ have termed them and they are not trying to rob you, they want to give you information on where to go so you give them a tip. If you can ignore them you will be just fine.

As with many of the border towns there are going to be dark parts of the city that are full of people working in illegal trafficking, those people do crazy ###### and kill each other. I can assure you that they won't be doing their business near the US Consulate where it is swarming with cops.

If you all keep a reasonable level of awareness and use the same common sense you would use in any other city you will have the same chance of being just fine as you would anywhere else.

Enough of the fear mongering, it makes the world an uglier place.

Edited by C_María

I-129F

NOA1- August 23,2010

NOA2- January 24, 2011 (NOA1-NOA2: 154 days)

NVC Receive- January 31, 2011

NVC Sent- February 1, 2011

Consulate Receive- February 3, 2011

Consulate Sent Packet 3- March 10, 2011 (CDJ Receive-Packet 3 sent: 35 days)

Receive Packet 3 in U.S.- March 21, 2011

ASC Appointment- March 23, 2011

Interview- March 24, 2011

Crossed into the U.S.- April 7, 2011

A.O.S.

I-485 in the mail- June 14, 2011

I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox- June 16, 2011

NOA1- June 17, 2011

event.png

Timeline

Maria, that is good to know, thank you for posting that.. it's hard to ignore the attention that Ciudad Juarez gets, even inside of Mexico but it's good to hear from someone who was recently there that it's not as bad as they make it out to be.

Timeline

I agree with C-maria. I went to Juarez by myself and didn't have any problem during my stay. I had lunch at the mall, crossed the street to get to Starbucks and walked to Quality Inn to purchase my plane ticket. No incidents at all! It's a safe area and you can see many people around...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Please don't pay any mind to unnecessary negative comments about the safety of Ciudad Juarez!

In the three weeks we spent in Juarez I felt safer in the consulate zone than I have felt in areas of many cities in the U.S. I consider myself to be a perceptive person and have lived and traveled all over the U.S. and the world and can tell you that the areas that you are going to be frequenting for your interview related purposes maintain a high level of safety.

There are no boarded up buildings, no thugs walking the streets, no pushers or pimps, not even pawn shops or liquor stores, beggars or even street vendors! The only thing that may feel unsettling to anyone not familiar with Mexican cities is the large number of pickup trucks filled with cops bearing machine guns. That is how they do it. That is how they show you that they are keeping the area safe for you to come and do your business.

Also there are swarms of annoying people with homemade laminated tags that want to help you when you get near the consulate. They are not "coyotes" as many people on VJ have termed them and they are not trying to rob you, they want to give you information on where to go so you give them a tip. If you can ignore them you will be just fine.

As with many of the border towns there are going to be dark parts of the city that are full of people working in illegal trafficking, those people do crazy ###### and kill each other. I can assure you that they won't be doing their business near the US Consulate where it is swarming with cops.

If you all keep a reasonable level of awareness and use the same common sense you would use in any other city you will have the same chance of being just fine as you would anywhere else.

Enough of the fear mongering, it makes the world an uglier place.

C-Maria,

I appreciate your reassuring post. We will keep you in mind as we travel to CDJ! Dios te bendiga!!

Sinceramente E&R4ever

Jan 18 2011 => I-129F sent

Jan 26 2011 => E-Notification & Text Message received

Jan 26 2011 => Check cashed

Jan 31 2011 => NOA1 Hard Copy Received dated 1/25/2011

May 18 2011 => E-Mail RFE Notification

May 23 2011 => RFE Hard copy Received

May 24 2011 => Mailed RFE back to CSC

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Jun 01 2011 => E-Mailed NOA2 Approval

Jun 06 2011 => NOA2 Hard copy received in mail

Jun 16 2011 => NVC Received Petition

Jun 17 2011 => NVC Sent Petition to CDJ

Jul 11 2011 => SUPPOSEDLY CDJ SENT PKT 3

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Aug 30 2011 => Received DHL Package. Found we were aproved!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 04 2011 => My Babe is home at last!!!

Sep 2011 => Wedding

" Con Amor todo se Puede! "

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi, has anyone else tried to schedule an interview at the jaurez consulate in july? or has anyone ever tried scheduling an interview more than 3 weeks away? i want to go ahead and schedule my interview so i can purchase flights cheaper, but nothing is open is open beyond june.

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, I TRIED SCHEDULING MY INTERVIEW FOR JULY 20 BUT IT WOULDNT LET ME, IT ONLY HAD DATES FOR FROM JUNE 14-30TH. IT WAS JUNE 1ST OR 2ND WHEN I TRIED, AND THEN I TRIED AGGAIN A COUPLE DAYS AGO AND THE JULY DATES WERE AVAILABLE, SO IM PRETTY SURE IF U TRY NOW IT WILL LET U SCHEDULE FOR MID JULY. I ALSO WANTED TO ASK YOU. WHAT HOTEL ARE U PLANING ON STAYING AT???

Timeline

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, I TRIED SCHEDULING MY INTERVIEW FOR JULY 20 BUT IT WOULDNT LET ME, IT ONLY HAD DATES FOR FROM JUNE 14-30TH. IT WAS JUNE 1ST OR 2ND WHEN I TRIED, AND THEN I TRIED AGGAIN A COUPLE DAYS AGO AND THE JULY DATES WERE AVAILABLE, SO IM PRETTY SURE IF U TRY NOW IT WILL LET U SCHEDULE FOR MID JULY. I ALSO WANTED TO ASK YOU. WHAT HOTEL ARE U PLANING ON STAYING AT???

We finally got our interview scheduled too for the beginning of July. We are staying at La Quinta based on the reviews here and the Juarez forum.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We finally got our interview scheduled too for the beginning of July. We are staying at La Quinta based on the reviews here and the Juarez forum.

Kolorin & Arnee1,

We'll be following your footsteps! Just got my NOA2 hard copy today.

My very best to you!

E&R4ever

Jan 18 2011 => I-129F sent

Jan 26 2011 => E-Notification & Text Message received

Jan 26 2011 => Check cashed

Jan 31 2011 => NOA1 Hard Copy Received dated 1/25/2011

May 18 2011 => E-Mail RFE Notification

May 23 2011 => RFE Hard copy Received

May 24 2011 => Mailed RFE back to CSC

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Jun 01 2011 => E-Mailed NOA2 Approval

Jun 06 2011 => NOA2 Hard copy received in mail

Jun 16 2011 => NVC Received Petition

Jun 17 2011 => NVC Sent Petition to CDJ

Jul 11 2011 => SUPPOSEDLY CDJ SENT PKT 3

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Aug 30 2011 => Received DHL Package. Found we were aproved!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 04 2011 => My Babe is home at last!!!

Sep 2011 => Wedding

" Con Amor todo se Puede! "

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.