mneleventhirty

Chennai consulate, appointment re-schedule and domicile requirement

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We filed I-130 for my wife in New Delhi on 04/27. Chennai consulate sent us a packet-4 with interview scheduled for 06/14. PCC will at least take another month. I have already emailed the consulate twice, last week and today to reschedule to next month, but have not received any response. On calling them, I was told that reschedule can only be done via email. Has anybody rescheduled their interview at Chennai consulate?

Another issue is I-864 domicile requirement.

As far as domicile requirement goes: I have been living and working in India since Dec 2009, I have a US bank account and 401k retirement account and a couple of US credit cards. I do meet the income requirement (barely) and have savings in a US bank account I can show as assets.

But I don't own a house or rent one in the US.

I was planning on going back to the US after my wife's CR visa is issued, to look for work and even trying with my present company to allow me to transfer to their US office, but they won't give anything in writing until it is officially approved.

How strict is Chennai consulate on domicile requirement? This is really freaking me out.

Started with our son's CRBA application. Seeing how smoothly it went, we felt encouraged to start my wife's IV application process. There were multiple complications, I was working with a company in India. Did not exactly meet domicile requirements, since I did not own or lease a house in the US. My only US income to show was a savings bank account and a 401k account.

I-130

4/27/11 Appointment and submission of I-130 for wife at New Delhi Embassy, India. Request to forward case to Chennai consulate, India

5/16/11 Packet-4 recieved, interview scheduled for 6/14/11. Panic sets in, No Police Clearance yet, request to reschedule.

6/02/11 Receive reschedule letter by email. Interivew rescheduled to 7/21/11

7/09/11 Finally receive Police clearance in India after a lot of running about.

7/11/11 Phew! Received a job offer, just in time. That took care of my domicile and income requirement

7/18/11 Medical appointment at Apollo hospital Chennai. Really tense affair, the doctor was so rude and uptight that she made any Immigration officer in the US look like an angel.

7/21/11 Interview at Chennai consulate. After a couple of tense hours and an intimidating interview, asked to pay visa fees and submit passport.

CR-1

8/22/11 Entered USA with CR wife and our toddler son in tow, port of entry ORD. Wife handed CBP officer the IV packet and received I-551 stamp

ROC

5/29/13 Sent ROC application for wife to CSC

6/06/13 Check cashed

6/07/13 Received NOA1, dated 6/03/13

6/12/13 Received Biometric appointment, dated 6/28/13

10/07/13 Approval notice received, approved on 10/03/13 (approx 4.5 mths from filing)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

when u e mail them for anything if your subject is Request For Specific Information only then they will read your e mail .and the e mail should be sent to immigrant visa section of that consulate

Edited by t and k

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

when u e mail them for anything if your subject is Request For Specific Information only then they will read your e mail .and the e mail should be sent to immigrant visa section of that consulate

Ok, after multiple emails, they finally sent an email postponing the interview a month later in July. After further pestering, they sent the interview letter as an attachment. :)

Started with our son's CRBA application. Seeing how smoothly it went, we felt encouraged to start my wife's IV application process. There were multiple complications, I was working with a company in India. Did not exactly meet domicile requirements, since I did not own or lease a house in the US. My only US income to show was a savings bank account and a 401k account.

I-130

4/27/11 Appointment and submission of I-130 for wife at New Delhi Embassy, India. Request to forward case to Chennai consulate, India

5/16/11 Packet-4 recieved, interview scheduled for 6/14/11. Panic sets in, No Police Clearance yet, request to reschedule.

6/02/11 Receive reschedule letter by email. Interivew rescheduled to 7/21/11

7/09/11 Finally receive Police clearance in India after a lot of running about.

7/11/11 Phew! Received a job offer, just in time. That took care of my domicile and income requirement

7/18/11 Medical appointment at Apollo hospital Chennai. Really tense affair, the doctor was so rude and uptight that she made any Immigration officer in the US look like an angel.

7/21/11 Interview at Chennai consulate. After a couple of tense hours and an intimidating interview, asked to pay visa fees and submit passport.

CR-1

8/22/11 Entered USA with CR wife and our toddler son in tow, port of entry ORD. Wife handed CBP officer the IV packet and received I-551 stamp

ROC

5/29/13 Sent ROC application for wife to CSC

6/06/13 Check cashed

6/07/13 Received NOA1, dated 6/03/13

6/12/13 Received Biometric appointment, dated 6/28/13

10/07/13 Approval notice received, approved on 10/03/13 (approx 4.5 mths from filing)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.