xylo

For everyone between NOA2 and interview in London

334 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Seems like a few people have received interview dates now - congratulations rallybug, kutakendra and advocator! Brilliant news :dance:

Thanks! And they scheduled it even though packet 3 was lost in the mail! They told us just to bring packet 3 to the interview, but we had already mailed a second copy before they sent that email... Too bad my fiance will most likely be denied due to a CIMT and we will have to file a waiver :(

Good luck to you and everyone else who is waiting!

Oh no! That's rubbish news. It must be a very stressful time for you both at the moment. Here's hoping you will be able to find a way around it soon!!

N-400 Timeline
Nov 2014 - Sent form N-400

Nov 19 2014 - NOA

Dec 9 2014 - Yellow letter

Dec 15 2014 - Biometrics

Jan 13 2015 - In line for an interview

Mar 23 2015 - Interview letter

Apr 28 2015 - Interview

Jun 26 2015 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

Oh no! That's rubbish news. It must be a very stressful time for you both at the moment. Here's hoping you will be able to find a way around it soon!!

Thanks for the good wishes! There may be an infinitesimal chance of an approval, but we're preparing a waiver now because the waiver processing times are long enough as it is. I would love it if all this work wasn't needed come July 5!

Hopefully you'll have an interview soon!

Waiting on my interview date.

A couple of questions, since this thread is active..

What is the average packet 3 processing time for London (Rough estimate)? I read somewhere it's around 3 weeks.

Can you only find out about what they've "logged" by phoning that expensive number?

K-1 Visa timeline

(See comments in my timeline)

AOS timeline

Sent off AOS forms: 29th September 2011

NOA1: 14th October 2011

Biomentrics appointment: 8th November 2011

RFE on my I-485: 21st December 2011

Mailed RFE documents: 10th January 2012

RFE documents received and under review: 13th January 2012

I-485 transferred to California Service Center: 23rd January 2012

EAD in production: 25th January 2012

EAD in hand: 4th February 2012 (128 days after filing)

Green Card approved (Without interview): 6th March 2012

Green Card in hand: 12th March 2012

Timeline

What is the average packet 3 processing time for London (Rough estimate)? I read somewhere it's around 3 weeks.

Can you only find out about what they've "logged" by phoning that expensive number?

The DOS number (not the extortion line) should be able to tell you when packet 3 has been logged and when you will have an interview date. You only need to call the extortion line to pay the $350 visa fee. I'd give them about 2-3 weeks after receiving your packet 3 before checking for an interview date. But check other timelines. Our packet 3 was lost in the mail, yet we got an interview date.. ????

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I returned my packet 3 on 17th May, it was delivered on 18th May, and according to DoS was logged on 26th May, so just over a week in my case.

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

I returned my packet 3 on 17th May, it was delivered on 18th May, and according to DoS was logged on 26th May, so just over a week in my case.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly do you need to do to find out what is logged? I mean, it's just confusing. Some people seem to know everything and have done various things, and it makes me think "Should I have done all this too? Am I missing something? How come nobody told me before?" It's probably all just paranoia..

My question is what is the case number that I need when I (or my fiancée in the USA) call the DOS phone number? I have one beginning with LND and 10 numbers. And is the call an automated recording or do you get straight onto a human?

K-1 Visa timeline

AOS timeline

Timeline

We are on about the same time line as you. London Received packet 3 May 18, it was processed and complete May 26, medical was done June 3 and results sent to the embassy June 8. My fiance called this morning and was told that the longest point would be a letter telling us our interview date would come by the end of June (worst case) and to expect the interview with in 3 weeks of that. SO the longest timeline would be an interview by July 22. Hope that helps you!

Timeline

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly do you need to do to find out what is logged? I mean, it's just confusing. Some people seem to know everything and have done various things, and it makes me think "Should I have done all this too? Am I missing something? How come nobody told me before?" It's probably all just paranoia..

My question is what is the case number that I need when I (or my fiancée in the USA) call the DOS phone number? I have one beginning with LND and 10 numbers. And is the call an automated recording or do you get straight onto a human?

The LND number is your case number. The DOS phone number can tell you if packet 3 has been logged and if you have a interview scheduled yet or not. When you call, press "0" at the first menu, then "1" at the second. you may be on hold for a while, but you will speak to a real person. Good luck!

The LND number is your case number. The DOS phone number can tell you if packet 3 has been logged and if you have a interview scheduled yet or not. When you call, press "0" at the first menu, then "1" at the second. you may be on hold for a while, but you will speak to a real person. Good luck!

Thanks. I'll do that today.

K-1 Visa timeline

AOS timeline

I had my medical today. It took a lot of sitting in the waiting room but everything turned out okay. The place was nice enough. The price wasn't, but at least thats taken care of!

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Supposedly our packet 3 was checked in yesterday.

I'm going to have Kata call and double check that again today, though.

The woman he talked to yesterday was apparently a bit snide to him about the whole thing.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Congrats Zedbraguy!!! That must be an amazing feeling.

We are on about the same time line as you. London Received packet 3 May 18, it was processed and complete May 26, medical was done June 3 and results sent to the embassy June 8. My fiance called this morning and was told that the longest point would be a letter telling us our interview date would come by the end of June (worst case) and to expect the interview with in 3 weeks of that. SO the longest timeline would be an interview by July 22. Hope that helps you!

That's brilliant info. Is that timeline working from the date the medical went to the embassy, do you think? Was it DOS that told you that and do you think it's pretty reliable?

N-400 Timeline

Nov 19 2014 - NOA

Dec 15 2014 - Biometrics

Apr 28 2015 - Interview

I had my medical today. It took a lot of sitting in the waiting room but everything turned out okay. The place was nice enough. The price wasn't, but at least thats taken care of!

Glad your medical went well. Mine was this time last week and it went fine, though I have to have a 3rd MMR before AOS because the first one I had was only measles & rubella (as I've already had mumps). Apparently having already had an illness isn't good enough for immigration! Oh well just one more hoop to jump through...

N-400 Timeline

Nov 19 2014 - NOA

Dec 15 2014 - Biometrics

Apr 28 2015 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.