LoveMyMohamed

Translator at interview in Morocco?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

HI Kathy,

Asking for translator is best in the beginning. So there are no confusion from the start. However using a translator is a double edge sword. He will be grilled to why he does not speak English if he is going to be successful in USA. It could be a denial upfront ! Not saying ppl have not been approve with no English skills, just make sure he is absolutely ready for detailed questions to how you both communicate, they are brutal.

He can speak French too. They ask if you want Arabic , French or English. My Husband spoke English , but when they called him on the phone for more details he would speak French or English. They will ask question in all three languages and wait to see if he responds in English (they are tricky)to see if he comprehends English well.

Good luck .... I hope everything goes smoothly for you both..

Are you still on the SML group?

Take Care..

KIM (AMANA)

WITH ALLAH ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! ALHUMDILALLAH

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Like what Kim said before it will be the best choice for him is to chose speaking by English in his Interview to don't make the CO confused for how he was in serious relationship with u for long enough and he is not able to speak English ' it will not be a writing test for English as a language skills but simple question and answer thats it' and if he want to make sure taking Interview by English smoothly the technique is to be calm and well listening to the CO carefully don't answer until he understood well the qst better to ask CO to repeat than to answer just for answering.but if he would like to have a translator then at the beginning the Moroccan man/woman who is making the Interview ready will ask him for which language he prefer to take for his Interview automatically if he will say Arabic then the CO will ask a Moroccan agent to attend in the Interview and translate every single word ur fiance will say and make him understand all CO qsts.take it easy its not a big deal.good luck for u guys

Karim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Kim! Yep still there, although more active in a couple Facebook groups now for women in multicultural relationships or Moroccan relationships. Would you care to join :) haven't spoken with you in ages! Thanks for your ideas and suggestions. I just don't know how to advise Mohamed.

Karim, thank you very much too. I really appreciate your thoughts on this!!!

Thank you both!!!

Edited by LoveMyMohamed

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

HI Kathy ,

I belong too a few on FB already maybe it is the same ones.LOL emial me privately and give me the site.

My Husband may be willing to chat with him and give him some ideas on what is best for him also....

When is the interview.?

Keep believing and it will happen !!

KIM

WITH ALLAH ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! ALHUMDILALLAH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.