Stephen&Kim

Any IR-1/CR-1ers waiting for Montreal?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey There,

We did DCF in Toronto for IR-1/CR-1 and are waiting to receive approval and packet 3 from Montreal. I was hoping to find some others to wait and share/swap info and experiences with.

Kim

March 1999 - Met online

July 5th, 2001 - Met in person

December 19, 2003 - Got engaged

September 26, 2004 - Got married in Canada and husband (USC) becomes a PR

July 5, 2007 - Our daughter Samantha is born

April 5th, 2011 - I-130 Submitted to Toronto Consulate

April 29th, 2011 - Interview at Toronto Consulate

June 8th, 2011 - Packet 3 received via email

June 9th, 2011 - Packet 3 returned via Expresspost overnight

June 13th, 2011 - Packet 3 received by Consulate

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 3 Logged

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 4 Dated

June 22nd, 2011 - Packet 4 Logged

September 12, 2011 - Medical in Toronto

September 29, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!

? - Visa Received

? - POE

I'm going for an IR-1, DCF through Toronto. We are at the last steps of our journey, interview scheduled for July 12. I would have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed in the whole DCF process so far, thought it would be MUCH faster than the 11 months from submitting the 130 to interview date. By the time you add in getting our passports back and doing our POE, it will probably be over a year! I know it's Montreal, other consulates have gone much faster with DCF.

Hopefully you will go much faster than I have! I was delayed slightly when I sent in my packet 3. They claim they didn't get my checklist, but I know I sent it! That put me behind a few weeks but still shouldn't have taken this long. :wacko:

Started LDR with hubby July '04, married Nov '06

He moved and became permanent resident of Canada Nov '07

Now, we want to move back to his hometown in Illinois!

Filed DCF for IR1 Visa

I-130 sent to Toronto Embassy: September 12, 2010

Initial approval at Toronto Embassy: November 19, 2010

Packet 3 rec'd January 28, 2011

Packet 4 rec'd March 21, 2011

Medical May 16, 2011

Interview July 12, 2011 - Approved!

Visa/Passport picked up DHL July 22, 2011

POE date August 26, 2011

I think we might be the only ones right now!!! You could try calling the DOS and see if you can schedule your interview appt now, that's what I did (but the letter then showed up in the mail 2 days later anyway, LOL). I can't remember the number but if you use the search function within the boards, it will be there somewhere. The sooner the better because I think they are already in September for interviews now.

Started LDR with hubby July '04, married Nov '06

He moved and became permanent resident of Canada Nov '07

Now, we want to move back to his hometown in Illinois!

Filed DCF for IR1 Visa

I-130 sent to Toronto Embassy: September 12, 2010

Initial approval at Toronto Embassy: November 19, 2010

Packet 3 rec'd January 28, 2011

Packet 4 rec'd March 21, 2011

Medical May 16, 2011

Interview July 12, 2011 - Approved!

Visa/Passport picked up DHL July 22, 2011

POE date August 26, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.