pinay75

Philippines travel within 2 years of US arrival

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hoping to hear from some Pinays that have a green card. Anyone out there travel back to PI during there first two years?

I have a Philippines passport in (maiden name) and my green card(2year) is in my (new married name)

Did you purchase your plane ticket in your maiden name? In other words it matches your passport?

What was your experience regarding re-entry to the US...and what was your POE back in the US?

I previously posted something similar to this but did not receive hardly any response...

There has to be someone out there who did this already???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I would imagine rules are the same for all countries. You need to buy you ticket in the same name as in your passport and you have to take your marriage certificate with you so when you come back to the US you can prove that you changed your name to the one on your green card. I traveled many times and only once they asked me why my name in passport is different than the on the green card and then I showed them my original marriage cert. I hope it helps.

I would imagine rules are the same for all countries. You need to buy you ticket in the same name as in your passport and you have to take your marriage certificate with you so when you come back to the US you can prove that you changed your name to the one on your green card. I traveled many times and only once they asked me why my name in passport is different than the on the green card and then I showed them my original marriage cert. I hope it helps.

:thumbs:

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my wife and i went back to PI last month. she got her 2yr GC in feb of this year. when we entered the airport she was asked for tickets and passport, the tickets were in her married name. the lady asked her for proof of name change, the green card was all that she needed. we had a certified copy of marriage cert. along but but was never asked for it. i still think its a good idea to have all the paperwork along just in case. at POE it was the same deal. they asked for GC, took her pic, fingerprints, and that was it!

Hoping to hear from some Pinays that have a green card. Anyone out there travel back to PI during there first two years?

I have a Philippines passport in (maiden name) and my green card(2year) is in my (new married name)

Did you purchase your plane ticket in your maiden name? In other words it matches your passport?

What was your experience regarding re-entry to the US...and what was your POE back in the US?

I previously posted something similar to this but did not receive hardly any response...

I received my conditional GC last June of 2009 and went home to the Phils December 2009 to January 2010. I purchased my ticket using my married name because I was able to amend my passport. The thing is if you are flying outside the US, when you check in, the person at the check in counter will ask for your passport.I've read some experience that some airlines would not allow it if your plane ticket would not match your passport but some that I've read is that they just presented their marriage certificate and they are fine. So I guess you should call the airline and ask them about their policy.

If you are coming to the US from Phil., all they care is your GC. They don't care that much if your plane ticket or passport or GC match. When I first came back they look at my passport and GC, swiped my GC and I was good to go.Same thing when I came back the second time around. Both of my POE was LAX.

But I remember when I was still in the Philippines the person at the check in counter ask me if I brought my marriage certificate with me just to be sure that my plane ticket will match passport when I get to the US since I am going to check in again (LAX was not my final destination so I have to check in again to get to my domestic flight) . He didn't know at first that I amended my passport.

Passport and Greencard same status as yours when i flew to the Philippines last year. Passport in maiden name, green card in married name. I bought my ticket in my maiden name since my passport is in my maiden name. It is the policy of all airlines that the name of ticket and passport should match else expect delays. Had no problem going out of the US.

BTW, i often bring my certified marriage certicate and a photocopy. I often show the photocopy. If they need the original, i would bring it out.

Coming back, in the POE, i used my GC to enter. Even though my passport is in maiden name. The officer put in the data from my GC in their computer. Did not really use my passport in the POE.

No issue at all if your passport is in your maiden name and your GC is in your married name. Just bring your marriage certificate as additional proof.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Passport and Greencard same status as yours when i flew to the Philippines last year. Passport in maiden name, green card in married name. I bought my ticket in my maiden name since my passport is in my maiden name. It is the policy of all airlines that the name of ticket and passport should match else expect delays. Had no problem going out of the US.

BTW, i often bring my certified marriage certicate and a photocopy. I often show the photocopy. If they need the original, i would bring it out.

Coming back, in the POE, i used my GC to enter. Even though my passport is in maiden name. The officer put in the data from my GC in their computer. Did not really use my passport in the POE.

No issue at all if your passport is in your maiden name and your GC is in your married name. Just bring your marriage certificate as additional proof.

Thank you Rheanick ;D !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.