5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hey we waited a few weeks to go and apply for the SS number like the guide suggests, then we got there to be told that im still not on the system and that they have to send off for manual verification, i got a letter saying id know one way or the other about getting my number within 4 weeks, that day passed yesterday and still nothing.

anyone else been in this situation? my i-94 expires in about 4 weeks now too, is there a cut off from where i cant get an SS number before the adjustment of status comes through (we only just sent that stuff off but really need to get me working once the EAD comes in)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can get the SSN with the EAD.

Before having EAD or GC you need to have more than 12 days left on the I-94 before it expires.

Have you been calling to check up on the status while you waited the 4 weeks? if not that is a key part of it. I went through that and had I not called during the wait they would of never issued my SSN until I had EAD or the GC because they let it sit there doing nothing at the office.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ah, no,i just assumed they would actually get things done. silly me. im about to go down to the office again and see whats going on with it.

but i can get an SS number with the EAD when that comes in if all else fails?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

ah, no,i just assumed they would actually get things done. silly me. im about to go down to the office again and see whats going on with it.

but i can get an SS number with the EAD when that comes in if all else fails?

Yep you can get it with the EAD when you get that if they wont give you your SSN now.

Try not to assume they do anything, iv found very often, without badgering them they don't get things done! lol

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.