anewlifewith<3

I-134 question 10 Date submitted

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Vjeyrs

I really need your help.

So i got the filled out I-134 from my fiance today.

But there is a mistake in question 10.

10. I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state "None".

Name of Person:

Relationship:

Date Submitted: my fiance wrote the date he mailed the I-129F to USCIS and not the date that USCIS received the petition. Is this okay?

“It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations” Kahlil Gibran

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I did the same thing your fiance did. The way I understood the question is "What is the date I submitted the application" and to me that date is when I mailed my 129F. Reguardless of when it was entered into their system, the day I mailed it is the day I submitted it too.

I don't think it's a big issue though, they'll know you are refering to the petition you are now interviewing for and your fiance it not going to have to sponsor someone else. I think it's just a way to double check if financially you guys will be fine.

09/15/1994 First met around this time

10/15/1998 Got separated...

12/05/2008 Met again and officially started dating

07/31/2010 129F package sent out to VSC

08/02/2010 129F package received at VSC

08/06/2010 Check cleared (date on check 08/05/2010 @ Lewisville, TX)

08/09/2010 NOA1 received in the mail (notice date 08/05/10; package received date 08/02/10)

08/12/2010 touched (updated...)

10/03/2010 touched (updated...)

02/28/2011 NOA2 approved (text, email 5:45PM)

03/07/2011 NVC received info, NOA2 hard copy received

03/16/2011 Medical exam

03/21/2011 Package left NVC

03/23/2011 Package received by London Embassy (well the tracked package says arrived but info still not logged in system!?!?)

03/29/2011 Info logged into Embassy system

04/02/2011 Packet 3 mailed to London Embassy

04/06/2011 Instructions for Packet 3 mailed to fiance

04/07/2011 Packet 3 received by Embassy

05/09/2911 Medical results sent to Embassy (finally!!!)

06/02/2011 Interview-- Approved YEAH!!!

06/30/2011 POE- Philadelphia :)

08/13/2011 Married!!!

See my timeline for AOS and other details...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.