jingo

Is it too soon to book Medical?

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering if I can book the medical now?

I already have the police certificate.

We got our NOA2 on Mon 16th May, so technically after getting our LDN number from the NVC can the medical be booked?

Or do I have to wait until London has logged our case?

If so, how do I find out when London will log our case?

Can anyone who has gone through this process in the UK please give me a rough idea of how quickly Knightbridge clinics can book the medical? Is there a long waiting time or not?

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Hi Jingo,

Congrats on your NOA2! I'd book your medical now, if you have the LND number. Your case just needs to be logged by the time you go to the medical, not necessarily when you book it. I booked my medical on the 20th May and the soonest they had available was 9th June.

You can find out the status of your case (ie if London has logged it by calling the DOS in the US on 202 663 1225 :)

N-400 Timeline
Nov 2014 - Sent form N-400

Nov 19 2014 - NOA

Dec 9 2014 - Yellow letter

Dec 15 2014 - Biometrics

Jan 13 2015 - In line for an interview

Mar 23 2015 - Interview letter

Apr 28 2015 - Interview

Jun 26 2015 - Oath ceremony

PS In the UK you have to have your medical before they will book your interview. Also, it seemed to take longer than I expected for London to log the case. Until a couple of days ago the info I had from the NVC was that the embassy hadn't even received the hard copy. Then we called again and found out packet 3 was posted a couple of days ago. Hope all that helps :thumbs:

N-400 Timeline
Nov 2014 - Sent form N-400

Nov 19 2014 - NOA

Dec 9 2014 - Yellow letter

Dec 15 2014 - Biometrics

Jan 13 2015 - In line for an interview

Mar 23 2015 - Interview letter

Apr 28 2015 - Interview

Jun 26 2015 - Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Much like chrisandliz I phoned the DOS to find my case status, because the US Embassy in London still apparently hadn't received my case even though it was sent from the NVC on the 13th of May. DOS were able to let me know that London did in fact have my case, when exactly they received it I'm not sure. Anyway, I booked my medical a couple of days ago and also got an appointment of June 9th, so I'm ready and waiting for that elusive packet 3!

Edited by Zach41

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.