honestlyspkng

Removal of Conditions for Wife and Daughter

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone;

Sorry I have been away for so long but it has been one fire after another for me to put out. Now I am in the beginnings of the I-751 to remove conditions for the wife and daughter. Thanks to so many here I understand so much more and so much faster than talking to "those who know" he he, and I thank everyone for being here. I had a question on the charges for the both of them. I understand at least one person had money returned to them for biometrics paid for a child under 14, but my question is, do I need to send $505.00 plus $80.00 for each of them? Or $505.00 for the wife plus the biometrics fee for them both even though the daughter is only eight years old. In keeping themselves consistant, this is equally confusing. I hope you are all enjoying life as we are here in Pennsylvania. Thanks for your time.

Hello everyone;

Sorry I have been away for so long but it has been one fire after another for me to put out. Now I am in the beginnings of the I-751 to remove conditions for the wife and daughter. Thanks to so many here I understand so much more and so much faster than talking to "those who know" he he, and I thank everyone for being here. I had a question on the charges for the both of them. I understand at least one person had money returned to them for biometrics paid for a child under 14, but my question is, do I need to send $505.00 plus $80.00 for each of them? Or $505.00 for the wife plus the biometrics fee for them both even though the daughter is only eight years old. In keeping themselves consistant, this is equally confusing. I hope you are all enjoying life as we are here in Pennsylvania. Thanks for your time.

As the daughter is included in the mom's petition you just have to pay for her Biometrics fee. All applicants must pay for Bio fee regardless of age. What happens is that some kids under 14 don’t get a Biometrics appointment, but still they must pay the fee for. So, the total you have to pay for your wife and daughter filing together is: wife ($505 + 85) daughter ($85) = $675.

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks Mari&Ryan;

The wife is dreadfully afraid of this part going wrong. She has been terrified I think by the many people she has met through work and the eEnglish classes she takes who are also submitting documents through immigration. The last person she spoke to about this told her all their documents were returned to them stating they had not provided enough proof and they advised her to send as much as possible. I have begun assembling our documents, but it seems they are almost the same as two years ago because we h ad already been married for over a year when she received her green card. I added our childs report cards and day care papers but most is pretty much the same. I had the house already so we have not purchased a home, They alrady have my life ins docs showing her as the beneficiary, the utility bills in both names etc. Any suggestions beyond that that I can use to show someone who does not know us that we are as much a family as they are with theirs? I apreciate all your assistance. My wife does not know so much about the people here and how much a comfort and help they have been to me before she was able to arrive here, and how much they still are today. Thank you thank you thank you again. Hope all is well with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.