KASH2011

Interview Appointment After Medical Examination?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi all,

I have a medical Examination confirmed date for Tuesday next week (24th-May-2011) @ 07:30 and travelling to Nairobi this sunday 22nd-May-2011.

Am thinking of paying the visa fees on monday,go for the Med Exam on tuesday and wednesday (as they say it might take 2 days) then after i get the medical clearance(hoping it comes through quick),i intend to call the US Consulate and request for an interview date coz this way am guessing they might fix an early date than if i personally schedule one via their new website.

This brings me to my question.

1.Does anyone know if for sure there's a chance of getting an earlier visa appointment date only if i phone up the consulate(once the medical is cleared) compared to personally scheduling it online?

2.Being that i'll be travelling to Kenya from Uganda for the K1 appointment,will this be a consideration for the US Consulate to provide me an earlier or closest available interview date?

Thanks y'all in advance and Good luck to y'all in the same boat.

KASH2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I am unsure and don't think anyone can provide you a definitive answer to this question. I went the CR1 route and did contact the embassy numerous times via email and requested an early interview date, however they've replyed on a couple of occassions that they did not have my petiton as of yet.

Therefore, it seems that emailing the embassy might make your desire happen. I do not think you will be able to get through to anyone using the phone but its worth a try, I guess. They will most likely refer you to the online system. Also, the Nairobi Embassy is a mega-embassy which services about 14 countries so they are really backed up and interview might take several months to occur. I am assuming you are going the Fiancee visa route.

My recommendation is to come prepared to the fullest extent for, they will deny you there! Make sure all of your info is in hand including all of the evidence you can possibly provide (i.e. money transfers, pics, chats, phone logs, letters from fiancees family, etc.). They have no problem denying you there as with others that have gone through here. Several were sent back to obtain more evidence. Also, they have no problem accusing you for fraud as many were openly accused and everyone can hear. Be sure that both of you are present, in case of any concerns. I attended with my wife and went to the interview. We had a stokes interview as a 2nd interview and am grateful for it becuase the CO was certainly leaning towards denial but had no legal grounds to do so and we had the opportunity to both explain our case a second time to a higher level officer. visa was granted on that very day in passport for us.

The interview was scheduled for 10/5 but that was only to provide documents and had to return the following day. We were there all day (6am to 5pm) but left with the visa! They did try and say that we would need another polic ereport due to it expiring but i fliped and said that that's a trip back to UG and then back to Kenya and perosnally was not having it. The CO who interviewed us said we still have a couple of weeks so we left to the US 2 days later.

Good luck and feel free to send any questions to me, if needed!

Rodceasar

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Thanks for the reply Rodceasar,

Yes am going the K1 route and have a truck load of evidence from when we met in 2008 while in the UK to date (Chat logs,phone records UK and Uganda,photos of us and meeting family,emails,post cards,snail mail letters,money transfer receiepts,airline tickets,train tickets,bus tickets,movie tickets,car parking tickets,hotel reciepts,UK and Ugandan Police certificates,I-134s,my UK and Ugandan Bank statements,Her bank statements,pay stubs...the list is huge)and believe me, am more than ready for the interview if i can only get my hands on the medical examination clearance!

Emailing the embassy is a brilliant idea that i tried before and was re-directed to use the new embassy website guidelines to schedule my interview(which by the way requires a serial number of the MRV paymeny receipt)and also because the NRB US Post serves all these 14 countries,i was told some people cancel or re-schedule so i might stand a chance of getting an interview date..via phone. i though some boby had been through a similar experience. if i can't get an earleir date, i'll return home and the travel again for the interview.

I have a question for you, my ugandan police certificate was issued in Feb 2011 and am assuming that it's still valid ! well @least within six months right?

Thanks again for your reply.

KASH2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.