Bill1977

What next?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just received a letter on May 6, 2011 saying my fiancée would receive a packet in the mail telling her what to do next. It will be sent by the United States Embassy in Manila. What are the next steps that she will have to do? About how long will it be before she should get approved? This is kind of frustrating because you don't know what is going on for so long. I am hoping she will be here by June 16, 2011 because I have some time off and would really like to spend it with her and help her get adjusted a little bit.

Thanks for the input...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

this should give you a rough idea - of course it varies from case to case, country to country and so on :)http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

0041ss.jpg

event.png

K1 Visa
Nov 16, 2010 - I 129f sent
May 25, 2010 - NOA 2
June 6, 2011 - NVC received our petition
June 7, 2011 - case number assigned, petition sent to US consulate in Bucharest
June 27, 2011 - interview - approved
June 30, 2011 - POE Boston
August 14, 2011 - married

AOS journey
September 30, 2011 - filled for AOS and EAD
October 4, 2011 - NOA1
October 26, 2011 - Biometrics
October 26, 2011 - Case moved to CSC
November 23, 2011 -Email from USCIS - card production
November 28, 2011 - Email from USCIS - I485 approved!!!
November 29, 2011 - Welcome letter in the mail
December 5, 2011 - Green card in the mail - date issued 11/16/2011

Lifting Conditions

September 17, 2013 - Sent application

September 20, 2013 - NOA1

October 11, 2013 - Case moved to CSC

October 18, 2013 - Biometrics

January 3, 2014 - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just received a letter on May 6, 2011 saying my fiancée would receive a packet in the mail telling her what to do next. It will be sent by the United States Embassy in Manila. What are the next steps that she will have to do? About how long will it be before she should get approved? This is kind of frustrating because you don't know what is going on for so long. I am hoping she will be here by June 16, 2011 because I have some time off and would really like to spend it with her and help her get adjusted a little bit.

Thanks for the input...

Bill, you do not have to wait for the letter from the Embassy. She might not even get it. Its been a month and Tonieta has not received one. In the meantime we are doing this.

Your fiancee can bring her passport and a copy of the passport Bio pages (the pic and printed info on the 1st pages) to BPI and pay for the visa interview now abot 16,900 pesos. She should also know your MNL number which is on the letter you got in case they ask for it.

You can fax her a copy of that letter and the NOA 2 .Along with those ,her passport (with another copy of the info pages) ,4 recent 2x2 photos (this is from St Luke website many people just bring 2) also 2 photocopies of the NVC letter you will fax to her she can go to St lukes for her physical prior to getting an embassy interview appointment date.

Then you have to set up the embassy appointment. In the meantime you can get the I-134 ready and organise what she will need for the interview.This is what we did:

Proof of fee payment from BPI

DS-156 2 copies

DS-157 2 copies

DS156K

Valid passport

birth Certificate (NSO)

NBI clearance

CENOMAR

Evidence of meeting within 2 years ( evidence of continuing relationship since 129-f)

Proof of termination of previous marriages

I-134 from petitioner along with proof of income (letter from employer) (letter from bank) ( maybe last 3 years tax transcripts available from IRS, free. They mail them out quickly

3 visa photographs

medical exam result

We are also adding a new letter of intent with more recent date and proof of engagement just because we have it.

That's our list. June 16 is a tough goal but good luck to you. Aloha................Paul

Timeline

A few other things that may help:

http://www.slec.ph/home.shtml St Lukes website

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf This is a copy of what your Fiancee will receive eventually.

Don't forget she will also have to attend CFO seminar and get the CFO stamp on her passport before she leaves the Philippines.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Timeline

We don't have an embassy appoinment yet. From what others say it can take up to two weeks to get the passport back from the embassy depending on where she lives in Philippines. It is delivered by a company called 2Go. She can also arrange to pick it up at a 2go office according to what I've read but she has to specify this at the embassy. Others may know more in the Philippine forum.

Got packet Monday !!!! Sent money and deposit in the bank. Have to call for apt. Tonight... How Lomb will it take after that?

Timeline

Got packet Monday !!!! Sent money and deposit in the bank. Have to call for apt. Tonight... How Lomb will it take after that?

Sorry i meant Philippine portal http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?auto=1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.