W&M

Brazil Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, I have been looking for the best means of travel to arrive for interview in Rio De Janeiro. Anyone have any information on flights, hotels etc.... I have read the posts from Brazilian interviewees but have not noticed any information about flying into Rio. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Wally & Malena

Our TimeLine

08/04/2010 In Love and starting the process

10/21/2010 My first trip to Brazil, Wonderful time

11/15/2010 Sent application for K1

11/22/2010 Application received Vermont Service Center

11/24/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil. Just cannot stay away for too long

12/01/2010 Recieved NOA1 The countdown begins

12/30/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil--Spending New Years Eve with my baby :)

05/09/2011 Received NOA2

05/12/2011 NOA2 Hardcopy received

05/17/2011 NVC Received file

05/19/2011 Consulate Received

06/14/2011 Interview-----APPROVED

06/22/2011 POE Aruba, on the way to Washington DC

as1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA.gif

http://www.ticker.7910.org/dtas1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA

Timeline

The Santos Dumont airport is literally 1 mile (2/km) from the Consulate. I was going to be flying to Rio (tickets for 2 cost around $400 round trip from Sao Paulo GRU) but a friend is driving me and my fiancee instead. As for a hotel, I decided to stay in Hotel Rondônia Palace in the Flamingo section of Rio. That for 3 nights cost 299 reais, with breakfest.

Edited by Blob18

Timeline

The Santos Dumont airport is literally 1 mile (2/km) from the Consulate. I was going to be flying to Rio (tickets for 2 cost around $400 round trip from Sao Paulo GRU) but a friend is driving me and my fiancee instead. As for a hotel, I decided to stay in Hotel Rondônia Palace in the Flamingo section of Rio. That for 3 nights cost 299 reais, with breakfest.

Thank you so much, The airport was my focus. I am sure our tickets will be pricey, from Belem :(. Thank you very much for the info

Wally & Malena

Our TimeLine

05/09/2011 Received NOA2

http://www.ticker.7910.org/dtas1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We are flying from Congonhas Airport Sao Paulo to San Dumont. 2 roundtrip tickets cost about $300(USD) with Avianca. The problem for GRU is that you have to either take a taxi or pay for Onibus to get there and back. (if you do not have anyone to take you or pick you up) With Congonhas, we can take the one of the buses with the Metro system for $3 R each way to get there. Pretty easy and cheap.

Still looking for a good hotel that doesn't cost too much in Rio. Will look at Blob's suggestion. I know some areas close to consulate that you do not want to be out after 10pm. Just be smart and careful. We didn't have anyone to drive us and the trip is about 6-8 hours (from Sao Paulo) depending on traffic at the time. The flight is an hour. It is too bad that they do not have the train from Sao Paulo to Rio ready yet. That would be nice.

Boa Sorte,

Edited by John & Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

We are flying from Congonhas Airport Sao Paulo to San Dumont. 2 roundtrip tickets cost about $300(USD) with Avianca. The problem for GRU is that you have to either take a taxi or pay for Onibus to get there and back. (if you do not have anyone to take you or pick you up) With Congonhas, we can take the one of the buses with the Metro system for $3 R each way to get there. Pretty easy and cheap.

Still looking for a good hotel that doesn't cost too much in Rio. Will look at Blob's suggestion. I know some areas close to consulate that you do not want to be out after 10pm. Just be smart and careful. We didn't have anyone to drive us and the trip is about 6-8 hours (from Sao Paulo) depending on traffic at the time. The flight is an hour. It is too bad that they do not have the train from Sao Paulo to Rio ready yet. That would be nice.

Boa Sorte,

Thank you, With my fiance being 5 months pregnant, Rio said they would be able to work in a closer interview date. I am now trying to put together everything that we need to purchase. Is there a "complete" list anywhere?

Wally & Malena

Our TimeLine

05/09/2011 Received NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Wally... my used TAM to travel from Imperatriz, Maranhao to Rio... then we used Decolar.com to fly from Sao Paulo (Guarulhos) to Phoenix, Arizona.

Decolar had the best price I could find online..Hope this helps...let me know

Good luck to both of you!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.